Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB certainly had an association with water but my impression is not the sea. If responsible for hiding remains, I don't think he would have taken the risk in an area with which he was unfamiliar even under cover of darkness. One area which was searched by the maritime police was the sea and I would expect them to know currents etc;

My opinion too. Water...but not the sea.
Even if not so unfamiliar to him, as place and even the currents, but, inevitably, unpredictable.
On the other hand, the other risk of a more "stagnant" water in case he did it in Arade...
IMO the factor "destruction" prior to disposal maybe eventually significant.

Back to the dam search, and the letter left outside 5a, in 2007, all I have read regards the letter that was left, it was written in Portuguese, and was found by a handyman, I wonder who left it ? Because that suggest someone new, wonder if that person is still alive ?

Back to the dam search, and the letter left outside 5a, in 2007, all I have read regards the letter that was left, it was written in Portuguese, and was found by a handyman, I wonder who left it ? Because that suggest someone new, wonder if that person is still alive ?
Could it have been Correia again? He may have thought the police would not ignore it like they did his own tip off months earlier. Of course he would have been quite wrong.

mystery ( kind of ) solved!? "Cops hope to link soil found at the reservoir to Bruckner's van"

so they have his van (we know they examined it forensically a few months/ a year ago...), soil from his van, and photos all relating to MM jmo

"Police probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance are testing soil samples to see if they match dirt found in their prime suspect’s camper van.

Detectives believe they have a good chance of proving Christian Brueckner’s VW Westfalia was at Barragem do Arade reservoir in Portugal, around the time the youngster went missing.

They are waiting for comparisons of samples already on file with earth taken from 2ft-deep bore holes made during a three-day hunt last month.

German prosecutors first connected Brueckner, 45, to the remote reservoir near Silves through mysterious photo evidence that has not been made public.

And sources say proving the German visited Barragem do Arade in May 2007 could be pivotal to their case.

One well-placed source said: “Photos led German police investigating Maddie’s disappearance to the reservoir. One of their focuses now is to close the net around Brueckner by showing through soil sample analysis that his van was there. A positive match of the soil they already have from the vehicle with the earth they removed during the search last week will be another important piece of evidence against him. It will be a slight setback if the forensics people don’t get a match but at this stage investigators remain hopeful. The search that took place last week would never have been requested and authorised if the motive for it hadn’t been well supported.”

The reservoir is a 40-minute drive from Praia da Luz, where Madeleine vanished from her parents’ holiday apartment in May 2007."

IMO the reporting tends to suggest not desperation, but that they haven't had the intelligence to know exactly where to search.

Knowing broadly where CB hung out isn't enough.

For private property you need either consent, or probable cause. And probable cause tends to have to be fresh, and specific about what police expect to find, relating to a crime. It can't just be a fishing expedition because CB stayed at a place 16 years ago.

Searches are also expensive, which is why they tend to need to be precise in terms of geo.

If it's true that they only got this breakthrough tip recently, it makes me wonder what they have really been working on all this time.
the forensics from the VW van they found it seems? also, trying to establish the place where the photos(?) they have show and whether they can connect these two?

mystery ( kind of ) solved!? "Cops hope to link soil found at the reservoir to Bruckner's van"

so they have his van (we know they examined it forensically a few months/ a year ago...), soil from his van, and photos all relating to MM jmo

No direct quote from anyone bar a source, so Christian we found soil residue in your van that matches the soil at the resevoir, answer so what I don't deny being there.
Can you tell us why you were there? Answer, shooting the breeze,
imo it's pure press speculation.

Eta, Wolters said they wouldn't say if they found anything, why should it been known what it is there were looking for.?

No direct quote from anyone bar a source, so Christian we found soil residue in your van that matches the soil at the resevoir, answer so what I don't deny being there.
I'd imagine they have much more than just wanting to establish the soil found in his van matches the soil in the arade...they talk about photos. what if they have a photo showing MM at an unidentifiable place and they managed to geolocate it? otherwise they wouldn't be able to get a search warrant with 30 officers at the scene... jmo

Eta, Wolters said they wouldn't say if they found anything, why should it been known what it is there were looking for.?
Good point. HCW mentioned the material found could be potentially of use to them. IMO they planned to test the soil but that wasn’t what their main objective was. It doesn’t make much sense that they’d want to link a person to a place when he frequently went there. Unless I’m missing a trick here.

Well it is the Mirror. Anything to sell copy.

I'd imagine they have much more than just wanting to establish the soil found in his van matches the soil in the arade...they talk about photos. what if they have a photo showing MM at an unidentifiable place and they managed to geolocate it? otherwise they wouldn't be able to get a search warrant with 30 officers at the scene... jmo
OG must have had the same in 2014, they had suspects, Wolters has one, but back to the soil I agree but the speculation is about that, imo no one is saying anything so let's speculate, it's been like it since 2007.

Not just any old search warrant. One that had to go through all the formalities of letters of request to a foreign country. Nor was it for this one search only, there are others scheduled to take place.

I believe this will continue to take place under the Northern PJ and my opinion is they are as anxious as anyone to see this situation resolved.

That letter was handed to the pj, surely they could compare to correia? They should still have it somewhere
I think this letter was found in 2008, around the time of the first anniversary.

It was found by a gardener. He was English and, I think semi-retired.

It was found in the rain on the doorstep of 5A, written in Portuguese and it said MM’s body was in Barragen do Bruvara.

I’ll try to find a source.

I think this letter was found in 2008, around the time of the first anniversary.

It was found in the rain on the doorstep of 5A, written in Portuguese and it said MM’s body was in Barragen do Bruvara.

Good luck with that, I've been looking without any success. I have been party to internet discussion about this letter which must have taken place after 2013 because I didn't start posting till after that date. The content was as you say but remembering or finding the source defeats me.

Above are a couple of articles with video clips of interviews with the gardener who found letter …

Good luck with that, I've been looking without any success. I have been party to internet discussion about this letter which must have taken place after 2013 because I didn't start posting till after that date. The content was as you say but remembering or finding the source defeats me.

Oh, @Trivento won me the race!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member