Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said what I think many times. The usual media hype that accompanied the June 2020 appeal told me the speculation about this suspect would end the same way as all previous speculation about suspects. The only difference between this wave and the earlier ones is this one had the novelty of German investigators being involved. That drove the massive hype we saw.
German investigators are complying with German law and the media hype to which you refer was an appeal to the public for information in furtherance of their duty in that respect.

Media hype told us star witness HeB was being protected by police and needed protecting because his life was in danger. 'Star journalist' JC said that too. Bild's Kai Feldhaus tells us both myths are nonsense.

HeB says he's sure CB abducted MM but he doesn't know what happened after that. Meanwhile the investigators are convinced CB killed her but HCW appears to be clueless when asked about what happened on the night of May 3rd.

No wonder some folks are cynical, Dudley.
Yes we all know there is media hype and misreporting around this case but that doesn’t mean that the German investigation is on the wrong track. Your use of the word “clueless” to describe HCW shows bias and cynicism for sure. I think it’s not an accurate description - he seems quite clued up to me, just unable to tell you (and me) exactly what we crave to know.

I don't know if I think he is innocent of Madeleine's disappearance, but it's a strong possibility.

There is a lack of evidence: no evidence an abduction occurred; no evidence CB was ever in 5A; no conclusive evidence CB was in PDL 3 May 2007; no conclusive evidence MM is dead (although almost certain); no forensic evidence to prove any connection between MM and CB. It genuinely is hard to rule him based on this which IMO makes me wonder why he should be.

His record, rumours from his gang of undesirables and retrospective investigations including DNA indicate that MM would be an uncharacteristic crime for CB. There is nothing in his record, media reports or open investigations that suggests he has ever, before or since, attempted or carried out an abduction of anyone; the same goes for murder. I don't think MM fits the profile of a CB victim, some say he is an indiscriminate offender but the pattern seems to be girls older than MM but pre-pubescent and older women.

I am dubious of the investigation. It feels like they are hiding something and trying to sell people on something.
So it seems you would rule him out on the basis of no means, no motive, no opportunity, in a nutshell?

Reactions: Mex
Yes we all know there is media hype and misreporting around this case but that doesn’t mean that the German investigation is on the wrong track. Your use of the word “clueless” to describe HCW shows bias and cynicism for sure. I think it’s not an accurate description - he seems quite clued up to me, just unable to tell you (and me) exactly what we crave to know.
It might turn out they're actually cool with the MM-related investigation not having worked out. They've found other things to charge him for, and, who knows, there may be more we don't know about yet. So they'll say they've been successful and overall they probably have been. Our case though will remain unsolved.

HeB tipped off OG. He gave his statement including specifics on the rape footage he had viewed. BKA investigator contacts PJ and asks if they have any unsolved rapes fitting the description in question. They identify DM as a possible victim. There is hair matching CB’s DNA profile at the crime scene. BINGO!

What I find interesting about this is until this point, Grange were barking up the wrong tree for years, despite assurances they were methodically eliminating suspects.

So while we should give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt, it is important that these accusations and the supporting evidence are tested in court and not in the media

There’s obviously evidence that rules him in, I mean he wouldn’t have been made an arguido if there wasn’t but that wasn’t what I asked. I’m interested to know from those who think he’s likely innocent of Madeleine’s disappearance/death what rules him out. Is it simply a case of “because they haven’t pressed charges yet”?

Logically he can't be ruled out because he is accused based on secret evidence

It's Kafka, and why we don't do this.

Many people seem OK with this because of CBs criminal record. I could care less about CB personally, but I don't want a justice system that operates in this way because it will be misused.

I make my claim based on internet research. In Germany, a typical sentence for murder is 15 years. Only severe offences would carry a higher penalty. Again, typically, prisoners are eligible for parole after serving two-thirds of their sentence. Whichever way you dice it, 50 to 60 years of age is a better outcome for CB than 70 to life.

As a relatively young man, the reoffending argument is obviously quite strong. However, parole might be reconsidered after 10 to 15 years of prison time with good behaviour.

With a childhood abandonment, years of physical abuse and significant prison time under his belt, I think CB will have coping mechanisms preventing him from confessing out of despair. He is a transactional thinker: what can I get, what will I lose? He has nothing to gain by confessing.

All MO.
Oh but he's the one whining for butter and ham?!
In fact he is a loner...but it seems he also likes to brag about his trophies.

It might turn out they're actually cool with the MM-related investigation not having worked out. They've found other things to charge him for, and, who knows, there may be more we don't know about yet. So they'll say they've been successful and overall they probably have been. Our case though will remain unsolved.
If the evidence is there the BKA will follow it without fear or favour. I think your presumptions regarding the MM case are premature.

Logically he can't be ruled out because he is accused based on secret evidence

It's Kafka, and why we don't do this.

Many people seem OK with this because of CBs criminal record. I could care less about CB personally, but I don't want a justice system that operates in this way because it will be misused.
There is a school of thought that even if the investigation closes, all evidence made public and CB released from arguidoship and prison that he still hasn’t been ruled out of course…

Oh but he's the one whining for butter and ham?!
In fact he is a loner...but it seems he also likes to brag about his trophies.
I think you've got that wrong. He appears to have had many friends/acquaintances and a social life, which a loner doesn't have.

There is a school of thought that even if the investigation closes, all evidence made public and CB released from arguidoship and prison that he still hasn’t been ruled out of course…
Yes, he would be for ever known as the man who might have 'done' for MM. A convenience for those who failed to convict him.

I think you've got that wrong. He appears to have had many friends/acquaintances and a social life, which a loner doesn't have.
Loners can have friends and acquaintances, they just prefer their own company, and not to be tied down to a person or place for any length of time.

What I find interesting about this is until this point, Grange were barking up the wrong tree for years, despite assurances they were methodically eliminating suspects.

So while we should give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt, it is important that these accusations and the supporting evidence are tested in court and not in the media
We know there are no suspects only CB.

Where does that knowledge come from? The process of systematically investigating and eliminating any paedophiles who appeared on their radar.
Far from OG barking up the wrong tree they have done exactly what you recommend by following the evidence and the process.

Madeleine McCann-linked paedophile fled 'on my passport'

Which is why the evidence making CB the only suspect in MM case is irrefutable. All others have been checked out and eliminated.

Yes, he would be for ever known as the man who might have 'done' for MM. A convenience for those who failed to convict him.
How is it a convenience to the Germans? It’s no skin off their nose what happened to the foreign child in a foreign country, it doesn’t get them off any hook to have spent millions on what would have been a failed investigation.

Where does that knowledge come from? The process of systematically investigating and eliminating any paedophiles who appeared on their radar.
Far from OG barking up the wrong tree they have done exactly what you recommend by following the evidence and the process.

Which is why the evidence making CB the only suspect in MM case is irrefutable. All others have been checked out and eliminated.
The reason behind posting another from way back who wanted his 15 minutes is?

The reason behind posting another from way back who wanted his 15 minutes is?
On the subject of going back, paedophilia has been brandished about from the start, but what evidence is there that MM is a victim of paedophilia ?

It could be turned around to why is there a level of support for CBs guilt when clearly anything of the sort as not been established in regards to MM.
Yes, the law, the need for evidence, the charge, the trial, bla, bla, bla....we already know all that.
My point is with what have been reported on him, our opinions.
There is a police force that says they have material evidence MM is dead and CB is the only suspect.
It is reported that he confessed in a bar, the phone call, all his profile, no claim to a credible or even flimsy "alibi", etc, etc. He is arguido in Portugal, three police forces in Arade in the searches.
I do not see as "equatable" the probability of innocence vs. guilty based on all that was already reported on him, I'm clearly not there. But, by the way, if I recall correctly you already shared that you think he has nothing to do with MM. I register this.

Who are you trying to convince, we all know that OG was ignorant of CB until 2017 when HeB packaged and gift wrapped him to them.

, by the way, if I recall correctly you already shared that you think he has nothing to do with MM. I register this.
Kindly bring the post and it's content to the fore.

On second thoughts maybe not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members