Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i think all the speculation about the death claims is moot because whilst last week it was mentioned and rumour - now theyve sent an official letter. Thats the difference, which IMO means speculation of its authenticity is pointless now. They know for certain.

personally i think all the speculation about the death claims is moot because whilst last week it was mentioned and rumour - now theyve sent an official letter. Thats the difference, which IMO means speculation of its authenticity is pointless now. They know for certain.
Yep I agree.
It’s pretty likely CB is responsible. But what I’m intrigued to discover is If this is part of a ring or something bigger or if this is a lone wolf, how many other victims are there

I'm finding alot of these reports very frustrating.

No indication she is alive is also no indication she is dead. Its like schrodingers cat! Currently she is both l. I would be appauled if they wrote to the parents to say she is dead wit hout hard evidence.

The confusion only lays in that he put forward the German Polices position, it differed from the UK polices position, so he's tried to peddle back on and get inline with the UK polices position. The German polices position is the one that counts at this moment in time.

That's how I understand it too. A similar case IMO is Claudia Lawrence in the UK. No forensic evidence, no testimony of anyone killing her but it's a murder enquiry because she disappeared and has had no contact or been seen in years. The German Police are not being emotional about it as the UK police have been in trying to avoid calling it a murder case.

I mean there is enough evidence in the known PJ files to proceed on the basis of murder IF you have a suspect you can link to it. This really does not say much.

PJ were able to archive with an inability to determine what crime had been committed because death by accident was in play for them.

This is why we should ignore all tabloid reporting and wait for the german prosecutor to show his hand a bit more

i cant see why he or they could not have been responsible for 6 or more crimes of murder and abduction. my theory was that CB did the dirty work on at least 3 occasions and got paid handsomely for the first two and couldnt use his cash from the last because he got arrested. Pure speculation though..however the doorman's testimony seems to give that theory a bit more teeth.

They are all just re-reporting the Mirror source
How do you know that? If anything, the Mail seem to have more information than the others. The impression I got was that this was a release of information made specifically to British reporters last night whereas the German article you posted was from yesterday morning.

Last edited:

He already said this on the record when the story broke,

The letter changes nothing

I mean there is enough evidence in the known PJ files to proceed on the basis of murder IF you have a suspect you can link to it. This really does not say much.

PJ were able to archive with an inability to determine what crime had been committed because death by accident was in play for them.

This is why we should ignore all tabloid reporting and wait for the german prosecutor to show his hand a bit more

I think when the McCann's lawyer has met the German prosecutor, we might know more. They have been the one's putting pressure on saying they shouldn't be calling it murder without being completely sure and they won't be happy IMO if the lawyer is not given a very good reason.

Unless what they're doing is writing to them to inform them it's a murder enquiry. Not exactly the same as telling them 100% she's dead but our media don't understand the legal process in Germany.
the reports out of australia dont mince words. They say that German police have sent a letter to the McCanns advising that their daughter is dead.
Not 'German police suggest or think or implied or hinted'...

Unless what they're doing is writing to them to inform them it's a murder enquiry. Not exactly the same as telling them 100% she's dead but our media don't understand the legal process in Germany.

Yes.

Should any primary source reveal what was in the letter then lets take it seriously.

But the Prosecutor is in the media saying exactly what the belief is. So it is unlikely he wrote anything different to the parents.

I would translate it word for word something like

But in the view of the investigators it is clear the girl was murdered.

I don't see that adds anything to the sense of how I translated it
"Clear" makes the sentence more absolute, just found it strange why you quoted the rest of the sentence and left out that bit.

I think when the McCann's lawyer has met the German prosecutor, we might know more. They have been the one's putting pressure on saying they shouldn't be calling it murder without being completely sure and they won't be happy IMO if the lawyer is not given a very good reason.

IMO the german prosecutor is unlikely to care much about what the parent's lawyer thinks. Otherwise he would have had them on board from the start.

But this is precisely why I query what the hell is going on. Anyone knows this case unleashes a tabloid shitstorm, but the german prosecutor doesn't seem to have his friends in the Met or the parents looped in

"Clear" makes the sentence more absolute, just found it strange why you quoted the rest of the sentence and left out that bit.

Linguistic preference for a translation of the sense as opposed to literal

I find it more definite to say "was murdered" as opposed to "clear was murdered" -

But that might be because I have an aversion to the over use of "clear" by politicians when the matter is anything but "clear" :D

Wolters has confirmed that he sent a letter to Gerry and Kate McCann explaining that they have evidence for a murder investigation, but was unable to give any details on the evidence that they have during the ongoing case.
He told the Daily Mail: "I sympathise with the parents but if we reveal more details to them it might jeopardise the investigation. We have concrete evidence that our suspect has killed Madeleine and this means she is dead. We of course really consider the fact that it is going to be very hard for the family when we tell them... But we can’t say why she is dead – it is more important that we are successful and we are able to get the culprit as opposed to just putting our cards on the table and telling them why we think she might be."

Wolters has confirmed that he sent a letter to Gerry and Kate McCann explaining that they have evidence for a murder investigation, but was unable to give any details on the evidence that they have during the ongoing case.
He told the Daily Mail: "I sympathise with the parents but if we reveal more details to them it might jeopardise the investigation. We have concrete evidence that our suspect has killed Madeleine and this means she is dead. We of course really consider the fact that it is going to be very hard for the family when we tell them... But we can’t say why she is dead – it is more important that we are successful and we are able to get the culprit as opposed to just putting our cards on the table and telling them why we think she might be."
MM is going to get the justice she deserves. I just hope they keep the details of what abuse happened out of the public eye. Even if CB gets off any charge. There is no way he will be safe in public ever again. Game set and match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675