Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot's been written about sightings of a man carrying a child the night MM disappeared.

If I was about to write a fictional police book about a kidnapping under those circumstances I'd never put a man carrying the child. I'd consider screaming and child agitation a great danger for perpetrator. So I'd put a car waiting right next to apartment to go away in a second.

You have only 2 choices: either they carried MM to a home nearby, and they could go by foot, or they carried her far away, and they needed a car.

My question is: the second choice is by far more probable. So why should they park the car far from apartment, especially when they could park it right next to apartment?

So, those sightings must be false leads, wrong persons, illusion, lies, and so on.
I’m wondering though if this would take longer and look more suspicious than parking maybe in a nearby street ready for a quick getaway. It’s easier to hide as a person than in a vehicle IMO

Yes, you can see it on the drawers next to the bed, its the pink thing. Personally I think she could reach that high, or at least have tossed it there. But there may be other possibilities such as an adult moving it later, not thinking.
I said in earlier post it could have been moved out of the way to easier pick her up while she was sleeping. More problematic to pick up a sleeping child along with the toy

I’m wondering though if this would take longer and look more suspicious than parking maybe in a nearby street ready for a quick getaway. It’s easier to hide as a person than in a vehicle IMO

I am wondering if we should be looking at his MO for his many burglaries.
He may have taken Madeleine on impulse, having entered the flat for a typical burglary.
How did he get to and from these burglaries?

The club employee who had spoken to 'a man' and told him the time when the parents would likely not be there, the employee who Brueckner's phone number was in their phone contacts ... could be an employee who gave him hints for burglaries.

Last edited:
Watched it and again confirmed, he was obsessed with money and seemed to be flooded with it after MM vanished.

Any idea how much that camper must have cost, when he suddenly showed up in Spain?
+the old factory he bought in Germany
+rolexes

-Did he rented the kiosk in Germany or was that also bought?

The informer in the 60 Minutes program said Brueckner rented the kiosk.

TY greatly for the very useful images. The calculated van location is quite a distance away from the Melilla ferry. Any idea why?
is far as i can see that is where the vehicle entrance/exit gate was, up until approx 2016.

also i am now pretty sure that the VW was specifically parked in the preliminary checking area for campers and lorries.
the chain of events required before boarding a vehicle to a car ferry requires quite a bit of space. space to check lorries, camper vans, cars. parking and queuing, ticket check. passport check. just as in an airport, where you don't just walk straight up to the plane.

if you look at the current google map of malaga (link below), you will see that the vehicle entrance/exit to the ferry is now even further from the ferry boarding point. (amusing that they even kept the blue canopies for the first check point, just moved them a block or two further away)
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I said in earlier post it could have been moved out of the way to easier pick her up while she was sleeping. More problematic to pick up a sleeping child along with the toy
But wouldn't an abductor take the toy as well as a comfort for them???

Watched it and again confirmed, he was obsessed with money and seemed to be flooded with it after MM vanished.

Any idea how much that camper must have cost, when he suddenly showed up in Spain?
+rolexes

I can't find anybody selling one. But I'd say 20-25,000€.

A 2020 model costs US$220,000.

The Allegro appears to be be a 1989 to 1991 model making it 16 to 18 years old at the time he acquired it in 2007. As a rough comparison, a model of around a similar age these days would set you back somewhere in the region of £20k to £40k on average depending on the spec/mileage/condition.

The Allegro appears to be be a 1989 to 1991 model making it 16 to 18 years old at the time he acquired it in 2007. As a rough comparison, a model of around a similar age these days would set you back somewhere in the region of £20k to £40k on average depending on the spec.

Where would he have even bought it from? Or was it a gift or a swap?

+rolexes

i assumed he stole rolexes.
seem to remember the Berkshire ex gf saying he wouldn't do anything unless there was money in it. or words to that effect. worrying thought.

Comfort ? IMO thats the last thing I would have thought CB or someone like him would would have thought about ! I dont think he thought of her comfort, prob the last thing on his mind ?

I think that could depend on why he took her,if it was for himself then obviously not but if he took her to order and had to keep her for any length of time I could believe he may wish to comfort her in some way to keep her relatively calm. On the other hand it would probably just be easier to sedate her in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfer92