Madeleine's case and Psychics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Rino and Barnaby, for the support of my post. It's tough to be a devout Catholic. Catholicism is a very strict religion.

Unfortunately nowadays too many are "cafeteria Catholics", browsing and choosing which rules and regs they will obey and which they will ignore.

BTW, I have mixed feelings about in vitro pregnancies. I feel that God must be present at every human conception to make life start; therefore He must be there when an in vitro baby is conceived. However, I wish they could perfect the process so that human lives, little tiny human lives, would not be started only to be frozen forever or "reduced", i.e. aborted.

all I will say about religion - if the church only allowed devout followers into their churches - including the catholic church - then there would be a lot of empty pews all over the world -

as the bible speaks - look into the plank in your own eye before you criticise the splinter in others

all I will say about religion - if the church only allowed devout followers into their churches - including the catholic church - then there would be a lot of empty pews all over the world -

as the bible speaks - look into the plank in your own eye before you criticise the splinter in others

That is very true Gord, no person in this world is perfect "Even the just man falls seven times a day"

The point was not that the Church should be unkind to sinners, expel them or refuse them admission. The point is that people should not be hypocritial about how devout they are when they actually are not!

Isabela Avila is the Chilean psychic who sees Madeleine in poor condition but still in life & in Portugal. Martin Van Wyk is not a psychic but a bounty hunter & finder of lost persons. He thinks Madeleine left 5A to look for her parents and that someone took her as she was on her way (toward the beach) & vulnerable. Because the case was shortly termed a kidnap, he thinks this person panicked and killed her. Van Wyk says she is buried in PDL. From what I know, there is a problem w. the doors to 5A if she tried to exit and I don't think she went out the window unaided.

The McCanns religion may create a obstacle to publicly using psychics. I am not a catholic so I am not sure.

The McCanns trot out their religion when it is convenient to do so, or when it makes them look innocent.

The reason I say this is because "In Vitro" fertilization is frowned upon by the official church on the grounds that it is against nature, and also because it often results in many embryos being implanted, just to harvest one or two. The unwanted embryos in utero are "reduced". IOW, aborted, so the couple can have the one or two children they desire.

Since the McCanns have used "in Vitro" twice, I would say they are NOT strict Catholics.

Therefore they may not be opposed to using psychics, whereas strict Catholics believe that is a sin against the First Commandment.

OT - But most infertility clinics will not transfer more than 2 or 3 embryos. If all take or split to create more than the numbers that were transplanted does not mean they WILL selectively reduce. Some couples will actually continue the pregnancy even if more than the "desired" numbers are achieved.

Also there are some Catholic priests who will support a couples wishes to have a family by invitro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member