"Make him stop" - Casey to Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
From watching the video: I don't know ... so I'm asking: do others usually have the privilege of being able to cozy up to their lawyers, and hide in them, as KC was? Do those lawyers usually hold their hand/arm, and protectively hover over them? Just seems KC gets away with special privileges all the time. Maybe it's happened before, I've just never seen it.

Also: She does seem to cry .. but she certainly takes ALLOT of time wiping her eyes and making sure they're properly cleaned off, and no makeup is disturbed. My goodness! Also, she STILL makes sure she just lightly brushes her hair back, so it looks good, stays in the same style ... instead of just putting it behind her ears for convenience.

She is REALLY concerned on appearance ... no matter what the situation and cost. That really does point to narcissism big time.

Absolutely, you are correct IMO. She took advantage of the situation and tried to make it work to her advantage. Too worried about the long locks and mascara and the looks around to see who noticed. If her attorneys were really paying attention, they would coach her on not accentuating her concern for her appearance. This isn't her mother she's dealing with now and I think she's in for a very rude awakening. Well, actually, I know it.

FWIW, I think that Casey has not been so completely dismissed like yesterday. I mean, since she has been in jail, she has been buffered from being confronted with having murdered her child and the likely way she did it. Her family is not allowed or not allowing themselves to see her, and it is not like her attorneys will be hammering her with details of things she wants to forget. So yesterday was the first day that someone has stood in front of her and told the world what they think she did. In detail. Whether she liked it or not.

The Anthonys erase bad deeds-they pretend it never happened. So I am certain that it rocked her to hear that the world has not erased it-and while the state may not know every detail, they believe that not only did she do this heinous thing, they want her to pay for choosing to do it. That has to be a new experience. I am certain that there are many who would leave the room rather than hearing the details of how their loved one suffered. She took it further-she demanded that someone make the man who is sworn to get justice for her murdered daughter shut up. I think Hornsby nailed it. She tried to hold on and keep a stoic face, but her hatred for the state's attorneys showed (understandably) and then she had to listen to these people tell the world how they believe she killed her child. Sucks to be her.

But I didn't see tears.

What I saw was one pissed off female. She was mad, real mad. And While mad, she hid her face. All we see is a peek a boo of her RED face. Which could also be from anger. The heaving chest.. again....

When she was done.. where was the super wet face that such a crying fit should have caused? Where was the streaks of mascara? The runny nose? There was no evidence that she had a massive crying fit of grief.

There was no evidence, cause it did not happen.

She, JB and AL was trying to control her rage in public. AL didn't comfort her, cause she didn'tneed it. She restrained her, which is what she needed. A firm grip. JB told her what for, and she hides her face from view.

The whole mess was good for JB and AL. Their client is a hot rocket, ready to explode. Their client needs to learn to deal with this, before being in front of a jury. If that happened in front of a jury... OUCH!

Oh my gosh Spangle, I typed this before I even read your post. ITA!

This is what I saw (I'm paraphrasing):

Ashton: Caylee was almost 3 when she died with duct tape over her nose & mouth
Casey: Make it stop
A/L (I assume): I can’t
Ashton: Any child that age should have been able to remove the duct covering her airway preventing her from breathing
Ashton: A juror may conclude Caylee was restrained either chemically or physically
Camera pans to Casey: She is MAD, not crying, not emotional, but MAD. She grabs her wrist, shakes her head, fixes her hair.
Ashton: ….that would render her unable to resist
Casey is still MAD then JB whispers something to her
Asthon: … methodically applied 3 layers of duct tape to cut off her air flow
Casey is still mad
Ashton: …then let nature takes its course
Casey covers her face, chest is heaving, but she is not wiping any tears. In fact, I never saw her wipe any tears until A/L got back up to talk and it was her usual dabbing at her eyes.

My conclusion: Casey is so mad and frustrated that she can’t make Ashton stop that she covers her face and puts on a show. A/L is holding her arm making it appear that she is comforting her. In reality, AL is probably afraid Casey will start beating the table.

IMO…FWIW

We have extensive coverage here on several news channels. We're are very close to Orlando and the case updates are never far away. We have many videos of the same coverage yesterday from many sources and I can tell you there are plenty of tears that are visible. This was not an act. Out of all the times, she should have cried, it should have been like this. Unfortunately that hasn't happened until now. I don't see how this kind of emotion would have hurt her in front of a jury. Can you explain please?

I'm sorry. I read through your post several times. And I STILL don't see her crying. You didn't provide proof. You provided reasons why I should just believe you. Which are the same credentials I've got.

I agree. Her emotions where very real. She was very angry and she really felt it. Not fake. I don't think she faked the heaving chest or the red face.

You might not see it. But put it next to her jail video from when she explodes. You will noticed alot of the same stuff.

As for explanation. Very simple. If the only emotion that the jury sees is the defiant, angry KC that we seen yesterday, then all the jury will pick up from KC is negativity, darkness. Folks don't feel pity and compassion for folks that radiate negativity and darkness. It would pretty much go hand in hand with the evidence of her parting after Caylee's death.

The jury will be looking, searching, for some sort of connection they can have with KC. It is part of the 'mental' part of figuring out if she is innocent or guilty. Kinda like being the Mother, kinda plays a role in that. Some folks want to believe a mother can not do the crime, hence are more likly from the start to believe she is more innocent then guilty. If they can find a positive connection, it will lean towards innocence. Negativity makes it all more believable. Human reaction. We ALL can believe someone did something wrong, if we don't like the person. LOL!

If you can see how only seeing anger and defiance would impact a jury differently, please explain.

I'm sorry. I read through your post several times. And I STILL don't see her crying. You didn't provide proof. You provided reasons why I should just believe you. Which are the same credentials I've got.

I agree. Her emotions where very real. She was very angry and she really felt it. Not fake. I don't think she faked the heaving chest or the red face.

You might not see it. But put it next to her jail video from when she explodes. You will noticed alot of the same stuff.

As for explanation. Very simple. If the only emotion that the jury sees is the defiant, angry KC that we seen yesterday, then all the jury will pick up from KC is negativity, darkness. Folks don't feel pity and compassion for folks that radiate negativity and darkness. It would pretty much go hand in hand with the evidence of her parting after Caylee's death.

The jury will be looking, searching, for some sort of connection they can have with KC. It is part of the 'mental' part of figuring out if she is innocent or guilty. Kinda like being the Mother, kinda plays a role in that. Some folks want to believe a mother can not do the crime, hence are more likly from the start to believe she is more innocent then guilty. If they can find a positive connection, it will lean towards innocence. Negativity makes it all more believable. Human reaction. We ALL can believe someone did something wrong, if we don't like the person. LOL!

If you can see how only seeing anger and defiance would impact a jury differently, please explain.

Seems we disagree on the tears bit.........and that's fine. We don't have to agree on that. It's not important.

I was trying to understand your meaning of how her actions would have impacted a jury negatively as in "ouch". You explained it very well, thank you. I already don't believe a jury, any jury is going to like what they see in the trial of KC, but I could be wrong. We never know.

My take is, KC said "make him stop" before he even got started. She knew where he was going and didn't want it said aloud for everyone to hear.
JMO

I think she's being coached by her attorneys to save the story for the trial. I really do. They keep saying, her story will be told! Why not tell it now and get it over with? I agree but, that's what I think is happening.

Consider the source. She also didn't admit she didn't have an office, until she had to pick witch office she worked in.

Also, if she has a story, she would have to prove that story. After so much evidence, the jury is going to be expecting proof for everything. Florida doesn't allow surprises in the courtroom. If she has a story, she would have to tell it before the courtroom, so the SA can also look at the evidence to verify it.. before it enters the courtroom.

She can get on the stand, tell a story.. but that doesn't mean she will automatically be believed by anyone. Which is where her needing to provide evidence comes in. To prove her story. If she hasn't provided the evidence to the court ahead of time... she has no proof for the jury. And no excuse for why she didn't provide it ahead of time.

It also opens the door for the State to ask her questions about all sorts of stuff that would hurt her case even more. It's not in her best interest for her to take the stand.

I tried to call in to HLN, JVM, and the NG show last night but no luck. I posted the following on NG's Blog in hopes she reads it.

I just hope that someone else caught on to this as well. Casey's reaction and tears were from anger/not getting her way.
Not getting her way and not being able to walk away as some have said. She demanded that Baez make JA stop and he couldn't so what else was Casey to do?

If you look back at Casey's jail visit from Aug 08 I think, where she displayed her anger. Put the pictures side by side, they are exactly alike "IMO".
Wish I knew how to add them here so we can compare.
It was all about her as always. Well, right before the crocodile tear came she displayed that same reaction. Then Baez leaned over to her and said something and that is when she broke out the tears. I also caught when she asked the defense to make JA stop twice. The tears came when they were discussing the DP. So, again this is not about Caylee..or any remorse.
It's about Casey and Casey saving her rear. She did not cry when Caylee was out of her life the first seconds, minutes, hours, or days, and that whole month that she did not report her missing. She did not cry when she spoke with 911 about Caylee being kidnapped, she did not cry when she lead LE to Universal, she did not cry over Caylee at any time and still has not.
As for AL, well I was not impressed with her what so ever. Maybe Casey was already getting frustrated early on. I did.... I did notice Casey roll her eyes once when AL was finished talking about the Jail Videos and Family Visits. If this is how AL will be during trial I feel the jury will be put to sleep.

All my opinion and the way I viewed it of course..
BBM

I told Santa that all I want for Christmas is to know what Baez said to KC at that moment.

Consider the source. She also didn't admit she didn't have an office, until she had to pick witch office she worked in.

Also, if she has a story, she would have to prove that story. After so much evidence, the jury is going to be expecting proof for everything. Florida doesn't allow surprises in the courtroom. If she has a story, she would have to tell it before the courtroom, so the SA can also look at the evidence to verify it.. before it enters the courtroom.

She can get on the stand, tell a story.. but that doesn't mean she will automatically be believed by anyone. Which is where her needing to provide evidence comes in. To prove her story. If she hasn't provided the evidence to the court ahead of time... she has no proof for the jury. And no excuse for why she didn't provide it ahead of time.

It also opens the door for the State to ask her questions about all sorts of stuff that would hurt her case even more. It's not in her best interest for her to take the stand.

So, what the attorney is saying is a "facade"?

She's had a lot of practice and she's good at it. Once the conversation went back to the "lawyer lingo", she pulled herself together. AL already knew when she left her side, she was going to change the conversation as she'd already received a request from KC to "make it stop"......and she did.

In that last picture, it doesn't look like she just finished crying hysterically.

That is my problem. I'm looking at the whole show. she starts out very noticeably angry. The she hides her face, (to cry, it's said), then she looks like she hasn't been crying, but still a little peeved.

She was having such a fit, that her face should have been a mess. It should have taken her face longer to recover. And I'm not even addressing the make-up issue.

Oh my gosh Spangle, I typed this before I even read your post. ITA!

This is what I saw (I'm paraphrasing):

Ashton: Caylee was almost 3 when she died with duct tape over her nose & mouth
Casey: Make it stop
A/L (I assume): I can’t
Ashton: Any child should that age should have been able to remove the duct covering her airway preventing her from breathing
Ashton: A juror may conclude Caylee was restrained either chemically or physically
Camera pans to Casey: She is MAD, not crying, not emotional, but MAD. She grabs her wrist, shakes her head, fixes her hair.
Ashton: ….that would render her unable to resist
Casey is still MAD then JB whispers something to her
Asthon: … methodically applied 3 layers of duct tape to cut off her air flow
Casey is still mad
Ashton: …then let nature takes its course
Casey covers her face, chest is heaving, but she is not wiping any tears. In fact, I never saw her wipe any tears until A/L got back up to talk and it was her usual dabbing at her eyes.

My conclusion: Casey is so mad and frustrated that she can’t make Ashton stop that she covers her face and puts on a show. A/L is holding her arm making it appear that she is comforting her. In reality, AL is probably afraid Casey will start beating the table.

IMO…FWIW

Thanks! That is exactly what I saw. I just don't explain things as well.

So, what the attorney is saying is a "facade"?

Pretty much. He isn't on the stand, he isn't under oath. and he doesn't have to be held to it. But he does have to project a positive out look (other wise he would be saying publicly she is guilty).

BTW, I agree. Yesterday had to be hard on CA and GA. Reminding them of what might have happened, when they try so hard not to think about it.. OUCH! But they have many more days of this before it's all said and done. During the trial, they might have aheads up of which days they might want to miss. So they will be able to avoid some of it. I think.

Maybe she just meant she wanted JB to object or something, not realizing that he couldn't.

let's be sure to keep this thread on topic of that comment please.

In that last picture, it doesn't look like she just finished crying hysterically.

That is my problem. I'm looking at the whole show. she starts out very noticeably angry. The she hides her face, (to cry, it's said), then she looks like she hasn't been crying, but still a little peeved.

She was having such a fit, that her face should have been a mess. It should have taken her face longer to recover. And I'm not even addressing the make-up issue.

I understand what you're saying.......but like I said she's had a lot of practice and she's good at it.

Just to be clear, I never saw her crying "hysterically". Just some tears from a nerve being touched and it was short lived. I don't believe for one minute KC is innocent.

Maybe that "Make It Stop" was because she didn't want her parents to hear a possible scenario of how she murdered Caylee. Does she not realize that it's all coming out at trial? That yesterday was just a taste? I guess she does now.

Once the prosecutor got into the story, didn't George leave the courtroom? There were about 5 or 6 people who left rather in a hurry.

Once the prosecutor got into the story, didn't George leave the courtroom? There were about 5 or 6 people who left rather in a hurry.

Yes, George bolted out of there, but I'm not sure who else. I'd love to know who else.

If you watch the jail visit videos, listen to the jail call audios, read GA, CA, and LA statements, interviews, and depositions, what you see is that for years, over and over and over and over, nobody but nobody is ever permitted to say or question in KC's presence any of her wrongdoings.

This is what she's well used to, this is what she expects. Her fury at the beginning of Ashton's statement, and her 'make him stop', are exactly the same reactions she always has when confronted even in a very mild manner with simple questions laced with terms of endearment ('sweetheart').

Of course KC demanded that her attorney make Ashton stop. Ashton was daring to do what is not permitted around KC. Of course KC expected that someone would stop him from speaking of her wrongdoings - someone always does.

When fury and demands didn't work, a whisper from her attorney, likely cautioning her to 'zip it', she cried with angry frustration. Her parents stomped out.

But noone could stop Caylee's story from being told. What a glorious day. The silence is over. Justice for Caylee has begun.

I totally agree with you. When I saw her reaction I immediately thought she was having an emotional temper tantrum. It was obvious she did not like being confronted with the truth. Those were tears of anger and frustration because she could not get her way, not tears of sorrow.

Yes, George bolted out of there, but I'm not sure who else. I'd love to know who else.

If you watch the video but look behind KC you can see Cindy and George leaving when Ashton says about the tape 'first one, then two, then three until no breath is possible' (paraphrased - I don't have the exact words handy).

People who posted they were there confirmed it was Cindy and George, Joy Ward and some of those other people who were with them.

There's a video of Kathi Belich as Cindy, George, then Brad left the courtroom and then got onto the elevator. You can see their whole entourage more clearly in that video. I recognized Joy but not the other people. The man looks vaguely familiar to me, but I can't place him.

ETA: Oops sorry. I'm O/T.

We all know that JB & crew and the A's will use this phrase and seemingly "hysterical crying" as a spin of it being a natural reaction by a grieving mother. But, we also know that just ain't true! We've seen the "Make it stop" mantra from the A's many many times over the past year and a half. LP being thrown out of the house, TM being dismissed and bad mouthed, LE being bad mouthed, getting nasty with Morgan, being snippy with reporters, bad mouthing bloggers who disagree. Whenever they have heard something they didn't like or want to hear, they have "made it stop" (or so they felt).

I think AL was holding kc close for fear she may have had an outburst or try to leave. It reminded me of one of my cousins who has Autism. When he was younger, if he didn't like something being said or a noise, he would get very angry, cover his ears and rock back and forth. My aunt and uncle would usually hold him close to calm him and lessen his outburst.

I never heard a "stop it" or saw a red face or any tear-like substance leaking from her face at the hearing where they discussed her daughter's remains and the release of the autopsy report and pictures. I wonder what the difference was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa