Malaysia airlines MH370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #26

Man, I can't believe this has almost been 10 years ago. I was obsessed with this in the early days/weeks when this happened. I remember staying up late at night to watch a press conference thinking they were going to announce they'd located the plane.

SEPT 1, 2023

Barnacle evidence
A Weird Animal May Finally Expose Where Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 Crashed

SEPT 04, 2023

According to Richard Godfrey the prime location is 29.128°S 99.934°E, which is 842 nautical miles (nmi) (1,560 km) from Perth.

The crash area is 70 nmi by 40 nmi (130 km by 74km) and about 46% of the new area has been searched before.

Scientists may have found the location of Flight MH370

So much fascination with this airplane flight MH370 and the 227 passengers. My mind has never changed in all these years. It was intentional, imho. The at-home simulator is an over the top obsession with a purpose. Was the pilot able to cloak his simulated flights?

SEPT 05, 2023

Has Flight MH370 Been Found in the Cambodian Jungle? What We Know

British video producer's claim of having found the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 in dense Cambodian jungle has resurfaced online despite serious doubts having been cast on his theory.

MH370 disappeared from radar on March 8, 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, China. Onboard were 12 crew members and 227 passengers.

The plane's last communication with air traffic controllers on the ground was around 38 minutes after take-off while over the South China Sea. It was subsequently tracked on radar for another hour, seemingly deviating from its flight path westward towards the Indian Ocean.
MSN

“It could be a quick thing. Until the wreckage of MH370 is found, nobody knows (what happened). But, this is a plausible trajectory,” Marchand said, according to Australian news site news.com.au.

Marchand said the “swift” search could be a good proving ground for the company’s new unmanned sub-nautical search technology.

Mr Marchad described it as an “atrocious one-way journey”, which he believed was likely carried out by an experienced aeroplane pilot.

“We think, and the study that we’ve done has shown us, that the hijacking was probably performed by an experienced pilot,” Mr Marchad said.

“The cabin was depressurised ... and it was a soft control ditching to produce minimal debris. It was performed so as to not be trapped or found.

“Certainly, the aircraft was not visible except for the military. The guy knew that if search and rescue would be triggered, it would be on the flight path.”

There is a comment on The Search for MH370 website (run by Richard Godfrey, UK engineer) that ... There has been no update on a new underwater search for MH370 since 27th September 2023, where Ocean Infinity confirmed that they are: “still keen to get back out there for another search.”

So far, 43 pieces of floating debris have been found. Almost half of them washed up in Madagascar. Some have been confirmed as debris most likely from MH370 (seeing that they are Boeing 777 debris, and no other Boeing 777 has crashed in the southern oceans).

There is a comment on The Search for MH370 website (run by Richard Godfrey, UK engineer) that ... There has been no update on a new underwater search for MH370 since 27th September 2023, where Ocean Infinity confirmed that they are: “still keen to get back out there for another search.”

So far, 43 pieces of floating debris have been found. Almost half of them washed up in Madagascar. Some have been confirmed as debris most likely from MH370 (seeing that they are Boeing 777 debris, and no other Boeing 777 has crashed in the southern oceans).

BBM: Wow, I didn't realize that 43 pieces have been found! I hope that MH370 can be found, not just to give the public the answer to what happened, but to give the families some peace finally.

I can't believe this happened almost ten years ago.

I found this today while looking at the Daily Mail. I wonder if this may be a possible answer as to why MH370 hasn't been located.

LINK

He told the Sun that investigators have wrongly worked under the assumption that the plane was out of Shah's control after its final contact with authorities on March 8, 2014.

'I think [the search team] may have gone wrong with the assumption that the aircraft wasn't under control at the end,' he said.

'We were taking this quite seriously during the search, that the aircraft may have continued to be under control in one form or another after it crossed the 7th Arc.

'Once that had happened, the aircraft was probably further south.

'...if the aircraft was still under control at the seventh arc then the size of the Indian Ocean they could of of reached is so unimaginably large that you wouldn't have been able to afford to search it all.

'There was a whole lot wasted effort looking in the wrong areas.'

He says he believes the theory of Simon Hardy, a Boeing 777 expert who posits that Shah was 'suicidal' and deliberately flew the plane towards the Geelvinck Fracture Zone.

BBM: I wasn't aware of the theory that the plane wasn't under control when it went missing. I thought the general assumption was that one of the pilots had control of the plane.

My other question is would the debris that has been found be in the same areas it has been located at if the plane crashed in this area that he thinks it did?

I found this today while looking at the Daily Mail. I wonder if this may be a possible answer as to why MH370 hasn't been located.

LINK

He told the Sun that investigators have wrongly worked under the assumption that the plane was out of Shah's control after its final contact with authorities on March 8, 2014.

'I think [the search team] may have gone wrong with the assumption that the aircraft wasn't under control at the end,' he said.

'We were taking this quite seriously during the search, that the aircraft may have continued to be under control in one form or another after it crossed the 7th Arc.

'Once that had happened, the aircraft was probably further south.

'...if the aircraft was still under control at the seventh arc then the size of the Indian Ocean they could of of reached is so unimaginably large that you wouldn't have been able to afford to search it all.

'There was a whole lot wasted effort looking in the wrong areas.'

He says he believes the theory of Simon Hardy, a Boeing 777 expert who posits that Shah was 'suicidal' and deliberately flew the plane towards the Geelvinck Fracture Zone.

BBM: I wasn't aware of the theory that the plane wasn't under control when it went missing. I thought the general assumption was that one of the pilots had control of the plane.

My other question is would the debris that has been found be in the same areas it has been located at if the plane crashed in this area that he thinks it did?
I believe it was Shah but I don't know if he could be physically under full control of the plane till the end.
I think it had to happen fast - as there were enough passengers and the crew. So after he made a U-turn, very fast and who knows where?
I would not be surprised if the plane disintegrated into pieces, but maybe, drowning it in one piece is faster.

March 8th will mark the 10th anniversary of the disappearance of MH370.

Who would have thought after 10 long years not only has MH370 not been found but none of the miscellaneous debris found seem to have been positively connected to the aircraft?

With all the technology we have at our disposal, it seems things can not only still disappear, they can remain unfindable.

March 8th will mark the 10th anniversary of the disappearance of MH370.

Who would have thought after 10 long years not only has MH370 not been found but none of the miscellaneous debris found seem to have been positively connected to the aircraft?

With all the technology we have at our disposal, it seems things can not only still disappear, they can remain unfindable.

They think they have positively connected a few pieces of debris to MH370.

(ETA: So far, 43 pieces of debris have been found, and no other Boeing 777 has crashed in the southern oceans - as per an article I linked a little further back.)

Two pieces of debris found in Mozambique are "almost certainly from MH370", Australia and Malaysia said Thursday, after technical analysis provided fresh clues to the fate of the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft.

Until the latest discoveries, only a wing part recovered from a beach on the Indian Ocean island of La Reunion, which lies east of Mozambique, had been confirmed as coming from the plane that disappeared two years ago.

"The analysis has concluded the debris is almost certainly from MH370," Transport Minister Darren Chester said, adding that investigators had found the pieces were consistent with panels from a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 aircraft.

"That such debris has been found on the east coast of Africa is consistent with drift modelling performed by (national science body) CSIRO and further affirms our search efforts in the southern Indian Ocean."

The two pieces are a flat grey fragment with the words "No Step" printed along one side, found on a sandbank, and a metre-long piece of metal picked up by a holidaymaker.

Last edited:
In a Sky News Australia documentary MH370: Ten Years On- which premiered on Tuesday at 7.30pm (AEDT) - experts weighed in on the theories surrounding the disappearance.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 vanished shortly after it departed Kuala Lumpur on March 8, 2017. Greg Wood - Pool/Getty Images)

Speaking to Sky News Australia for the exclusive documentary, Mr Cassano was asked if he thought locating the missing aircraft would be similar to the Titanic.

"I think it's more challenging than finding Titanic because Titanic, there was a fairly known location," he told Sky News host Peter Stefanovic.

"They were able to find Titanic as technology advanced. And so, you know, it's just a matter of time."

It is hard to believe it is the ten-year anniversary of the tragic MH30 flight. When I started the original thread, I never could have imagined the exact spot the plane crashed would not be known, that there would be so many unanswered questions about the cause of the crash and what happened onboard, the remains of the crew and passengers would not be returned to their loved ones and the flight data recorders would not be found.

I’m in disbelief at what has happened since the news about the flight started being reported and that the families of the passengers and crew continue to suffer tremendously because they do not know for certain what caused the plane to crash, how their loved ones died, and they have not been able to have funerals for them. It is unimaginable how much all the families are suffering and the emotional pain they continue to endure.

My thoughts and prayers are with the crew and passengers of MH370 and their loved ones. May all the victims who were onboard the flight Rest In Peace.

I can't believe a decade has passed without a resolution to this beyond a few pieces of debris and a lot of theories. This case captivated me when it first broke. I'd stay up late so I could watch press conferences, certain they'd announce they'd found the plane.

I have an extended time off of work this upcoming week so I think I'm going to dive back into this one. I know there's a Netflix documentary I've not yet given the time to watch and I did buy a book by someone researching it a little while ago that I've been wanting to get through.

Let's hope it doesn't take another ten years to bring those folks home.

It is hard to believe it is the ten-year anniversary of the tragic MH30 flight. When I started the original thread, I never could have imagined the exact spot the plane crashed would not be known, that there would be so many unanswered questions about the cause of the crash and what happened onboard, the remains of the crew and passengers would not be returned to their loved ones and the flight data recorders would not be found.

I’m in disbelief at what has happened since the news about the flight started being reported and that the families of the passengers and crew continue to suffer tremendously because they do not know for certain what caused the plane to crash, how their loved ones died, and they have not been able to have funerals for them. It is unimaginable how much all the families are suffering and the emotional pain they continue to endure.

My thoughts and prayers are with the crew and passengers of MH370 and their loved ones. May all the victims who were onboard the flight Rest In Peace.

I doubt we’ll be able to ever find the black boxes. As to the bodies, ocean is probably the grave. It is not the Titanic.

MOO - logic makes me think it was captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, and it was related to Anwar Ibrahim and also, to conservatism of the Malaysian society regarding certain issues. Then-Malaysian government didn’t want to discuss it because marginally, it was a protest against their ruling party. The current government, with Anwar Ibrahim, doesn’t want to talk about it because give or take, they promised way more than what they delivered.

Does any political protest justify such acts? By me, no, but again, it comes to the mental health issues of the pilots.

RIP the victims.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike