Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wait - We had three (3) Americans onboard that flight...Did I miss statement from someone from the U.S.A. ? President, or maybe Secretary of State?

CNN reporting breaking news that the plane turned and dropped 20,000 feet. We've known this for a while, how is this breaking news?

I totally agree that it would be curious to know where those 2 were seated. Since the friend said they left his car separately on purpose then they may have got seats sitting apart but it would be interesting to know if they were within hand signals viewing of each other.

Them being possible hijackers is still one of the theories that is possible IMO

yes exactly what I meant......or could have the pilot(s) been with them in a plot? Or was this a Hi-jacking?

The Seating Docket is another piece of info to be looked at, released, and should be part of any *proper* investigation!! IMHO

Eye-07-june.gif

I've been trying to provide y'all links on who the Captain of the Ship was but since not allowed to Sleuth here on the "crew", they were rejected. The Captain had a thing against his gov't and evidently separated from his family hours before taking off on this flight. As soon as I heard about where the plane went down, I immediately thought about the depth of the water. There you go.

:seeya:

Depth charts are hardly private or secret information, so I would not understand why one would presume that searchers had failed to locate a downed jet because of information only a pilot would have; moreover, I don't quite understand why (assuming this is the case) someone wishing to kill himself and 238 others would care much about whether the jet were found or not. I don't see how your assumptions about the pilot's character would help explain why he (and only a trained pilot like himself or a member of the crew) would do this. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but it's a long series of unsupported assumptions, and with each one, the plausibility becomes more suspect.

I'm with you. We are being alternately misinformed, lied to, and/or kept in the dark for one or multiple dubious agendas. I'm done with being yanked and will tune in when they post real news.

(And if they want me to read it, they better not head it with BREAKING NEWS. Seriously.)

I agree, PoirotryInMotion. This has been the biggest cluster.....you get my drift.

CNN reporting breaking news that the plane turned and dropped 20,000 feet. We've known this for a while, how is this breaking news?

Liberal news will not give you news. British newspapers give most updated news. USA has maybe one jet left to research...This is pitiful, y'all.

INMARSAT satellite ping updates

For anyone who missed it, yesterday on the previous thread user NuttyMare passed on new information from the satellite maker (INMARSAT) discussed by aviation reporter Jeff Wise on CNN.

Wise published an article on Slate with the story. If you want to understand the very latest (as of yesterday) interpretation of the plane's possible location from the satellite pings, it's a great read. An even better, more detailed version with lots of maps and graphs is on Wise's own blog (linked at end of Slate article).

INMARSAT analysts say now:

-- The satellite pings were definitely MH-370. They are coded as such, can't be faked.
-- MH-370 gave off SEVEN pings, once every hour from 2:11am to 8:11am.
-- MH-370 moved farther AWAY from the satellite with each ping.
-- MH-370 did not travel west across the Indian Ocean.
-- If it traveled north, it crossed the coast near Bangladesh, possibly across its border with India or the other side with Burma(Myanmar). At 8:11am it was in the Kazakhstan area with at most an hour of flying time left.
-- If it traveled south, it crossed Indonesian military radar airspace. At 8:11am it was in/near the area of the southern Indian Ocean currently being searched.

A few things here to add information:

-- The plane clearly flew west while on military radar, so it's reasonable to believe the Inmarsat analysts meant when it was away from those sightings, when it was truly 'lost'. Or I'll have to reference that with the 2:11 ping to see if that's all they mean (data is from 2:11 onwards).

-- Kazakhstan has an alliance with Russia that would have the Russians monitoring their territory. Detail far below.

-- Indonesia says that the southern route would have begun west of Banda Aceh (I gave a good link a post or so ago). Map below (Banda Aceh is on the western tip of the northern part of Sumatra).

tsunami-effected-areas-world-map1.jpg

http://www.cacianalyst.org/publicat...tan-clinch-“alliance-for-the-21-century”.html

"...Based on an earlier agreement signed in May 1992 in the wake of the collapse of the Soviet Union, this treaty reaffirms Russia’s and Kazakhstan’s desire to foster relations “built on mutual trust, strategic partnership and comprehensive cooperation” (article 1). Upon recognizing their mutual respect for state sovereignty and territorial integrity (article 2), the two sides state their intention to avoid participation in any blocs and alliances directed against either of them. They also pledge their commitment to coordinate their foreign policy initiatives (article 3)....

Chances are the Russians monitor all of their old territories' airspace if they still border Russia or China, but that is more speculative. (China and the Soviets had their own fears of nukes across their borders from each other and surely still monitor airspace for that [planes included, because those still can carry nukes, too, obviously :D]).

Depth charts are hardly private or secret information, so I would not understand why one would presume that searchers had failed to locate a downed jet because of information only a pilot would have; moreover, I don't quite understand why (assuming this is the case) someone wishing to kill himself and 238 others would care much about whether the jet were found or not. I don't see how your assumptions about the pilot's character would help explain why he (and only a trained pilot like himself or a member of the crew) would do this. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but it's a long series of unsupported assumptions, and with each one, the plausibility becomes more suspect.

Thank you for your thoughtful comment.

I've been trying to provide y'all links on who the Captain of the Ship was but since not allowed to Sleuth here on the "crew", they were rejected. The Captain had a thing against his gov't and evidently separated from his family hours before taking off on this flight. As soon as I heard about where the plane went down, I immediately thought about the depth of the water. There you go.

:seeya:

Hi AuburnSchnauzer :seeya: are you referring to the Ibrahim Sodomy trials? We have discussed that periodically throughout the thread quite a bit.

Not sure what you mean about him separating from his family, although I am a day or so behind. I know his wife and daughter left to go to their second home, but I don't believe that was unusual for them. Do you have a link for the separation, I'd love to see that!

ETA: I also am very suspicious of the pilot and have been for a while. IMO everything I've learned so far points in that direction, and even more so upon learning about the pay in advance cell phone call. We know of course that it may not even be a woman that called him, that's just who bought the phone.

But, I do want to keep all the facts straight, as much as we can in this mess.

lol.....

Breaking News -- Well (see pic posted)

:floorlaugh:

And I know my eyes aren't what they used to be, but when they show the pics of the possible debris field, all I see are waves and the reflection of the sun.

This is another reason i should refrain from posting, as i hate being criticised for trying to help.

I asked a Malaysian friend - he said It was Arabic
I asked an Egyptian friend - he said it wasn't Arabic, possibly Parshi or Persian
I asked a Lebanese friend - he said it was indeed Persian language

Persia no longer exists, i believe it is now known as Iran.

I tried to help, I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgeable in languages as you are. Maybe you could have translated it yourself for us?

I think in future i'll stick to lurking & not try to be helpful.
Don't worry MummaP, I don't think most of us on here knew that Persian isn't a language. I sure didn't know that. Your post was great and I hope you will continue to speak your thoughts!

Google says that most fruit entering this country (United States) now arrives here by ship. This is because there was a problem with a certain type of fruit fly entering the country a few years ago. Your links speak about Canada.

neither of my links were canada specific and they were not intended to describe how fruit arrives solely to the US. sorry for any confusion.

I wish you well. My husband attended law school after graduating from AUBURN UNIVERSITY. He first went to Alabama, and couldn't stand it, took a test and was accepted at The Cumberland School of Law, and then wanted to get Tax Law degree, so went to Emory in Atlanta...He then wanted to go to NYU for some more but his Daddy said that is it, Son...:seeya:

Good for him! Tax law degrees are awesome.

I'm not a fan of law school and can't wait to be done in May - I don't know if I'll end up taking the Bar. I love the academics of it, and researching/writing the arguments but I hate the culture of it - they really exploit students with promises of riches that long ago evaporated, and the snobbery and desperation is amazing. It's a different world than when your husband went. I would not recommend it to anyone at this point because it hasn't caught up with the realities of modern legal practice, but I love the training and the knowledge that comes with it.

Do you own a schnauzer?

The news is so awful .

Then the very night I swore off Tomnod. CNN starts posting the images making me look at them again.

It has been 16 days and they have made statements ,and retracted stuff to the point the only story that is fact is:

Malaysia has had a 777 go missing .

Crazy
It was it pinged until 8:11 am
Radar lost it at Appox 130 .
Radar lost it.
the 2:11 ping is not radar.
Is anyone aware of another RADAR signal after this ? It was over land and was still not on Radar. I know the radar is out there . You can see it on flight radar. Even over the ocean. And they also have the live shipping routes.

Pilots didnt make the plane invisable to radar.

This is another reason i should refrain from posting, as i hate being criticised for trying to help.

I asked a Malaysian friend - he said It was Arabic
I asked an Egyptian friend - he said it wasn't Arabic, possibly Parshi or Persian
I asked a Lebanese friend - he said it was indeed Persian language

Persia no longer exists, i believe it is now known as Iran.

I tried to help, I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgeable in languages as you are. Maybe you could have translated it yourself for us?

I think in future i'll stick to lurking & not try to be helpful.

Please keep posting, MummaP! I don't think they were trying to be critical, even though I can see why you may have felt that way. Hey, I didn't know it wasn't a language either.

For all the posters who are sick of seeing Breaking News headlines that is old news, be grateful that a lovely websleuther who I met on another forum is not posting on this one. Her ws name is you guessed it Breaking News. Every time she posts, I get an adrenalin rush! Love you BN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member