Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall Street Journal ‏@WSJ 6m

Breaking: Malaysian Airline chairman: Must accept that no one aboard #MH370 flight survived http://on.wsj.com/1jzD7LT

Wall Street Journal ‏@WSJ 1m

Breaking: Australia defense minister says until debris is identified, everything is "virtually speculation." http://on.wsj.com/1gwf1Ea #MH370

:waitasec: Those two statements don't seem to go together...

How much is 5,000 dollars? It said that's what Malaysian airlines have offered to the closest of kin of each passenger.

No they have all ready gotten that amount to help cover cost during the 17 days they have been there waiting .

I can't imagine....I just can't. Now they saying media not suppose to film the protest! This...I just can't imagine. I guess we take our freedoms for granted way too much.

I guess I am not feeling that many of the things stated early on were intentional lies. As much as misinformation based on confusion, fluid situation, etc...but jmo.

:eek:fftobed: Had enough for today....

Good night folks, be safe & well.

Breaking: Malaysian Airline chairman: Must accept that no one aboard #MH370 flight survived http://on.wsj.com/1jzD7LT

Breaking: Australia defense minister says until debris is identified, everything is "virtually speculation." http://on.wsj.com/1gwf1Ea #MH370

Exactly! :banghead: :banghead:

I get a feeling there is a highly censored government on anything they release or say and I for one am glad I live in a free country.

Malaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy and was part of the British empire until becoming independent in the 50's. Freer than Australia then by the looks.

I am saying once some debris is found...I can understand being doubtful now. Though I am unclear why they would think that basically the whole world would basically join in a Malaysian conspiracy. JMO

Once some debris is found (that is definitively tied to MH370)...have no idea how they'll react, honestly. I don't think they think the world has joined a Malaysian conspiracy - I think they probably think the world is as much in the dark as they are, in part due to the inadequate communication of the Malaysian government (especially at the beginning of this).

:banghead: And people wonder why the families are upset:banghead:!

I guess I am not feeling that many of the things stated early on were intentional lies. As much as misinformation based on confusion, fluid situation, etc...but jmo.

The transponder was turned off no other way to track plane.

Next day after issues are bought out.. ACARS were off.

No other way to track plane ,

Then satellite pings.

No radar signals ..well 2 then none.

It sounds fishy . Pilots did not make this plane disapear off radar. They just didnt.

The the funny feet photo. No explosion, and now a crash with no wreckage.

:eek:fftobed:

Goodnight fellow WS'ers and my thoughts to the victims and loved ones of MH370.

One day the media was stating that there are sensors on the plane that would go off if the plane crashed. In fact, said even landing the plane those sensors had to be turned off because it would cause alerts. That was one of the biggest reasons for stating the plane didn't crash, but could have landed somewhere because there had been no signal of a crash. Well...what happened to that theory? Because we haven't heard that a signal was detected that the plane did crash! UGH!

It's hard to know, that's the problem. My first impressions were simply that they were so inept I felt sorry for them. And the more they stuck their foot in their mouths, the worse it got until soon it became hard for an honest person to find a way to deny there'd been a deception (eg. the doctored photo). That one made me angry (because I was convinced it'd been a shoddy attempt at deceit with an even shoddier attempt to cover that up). The problem is, once there's been a couple indisputable lies, then people start going back in history and thinking, "Hey, was that a lie, too?"

Especially people in highly fraught emotional states. :-/

So I just heard on the news that they didnt think the plane went north because of the radar coverage. so they used that information with known planes and the satellites pings to come up with a math problem that solved the issue of where the plane is.

So what if the plane was sheilded by radar and the math problem is wrong because the data is based on excluding the northern part of the red line ?

One day the media was stating that there are sensors on the plane that would go off if the plane crashed. In fact, said even landing the plane those sensors had to be turned off because it would cause alerts. That was one of the biggest reasons for stating the plane didn't crash, but could have landed somewhere because there had been no signal of a crash. Well...what happened to that theory? Because we haven't heard that a signal was detected that the plane did crash! UGH!

That's the media being ridiculous and running with sensationalism. The fact that the beacon didn't go off was something to discuss as it could mean the plane had landed, as you said. But it was never conclusive - the beacon might not go off if the plane hits the water at full speed and it gets buried in the debris and can't float up. Very few things in life are guarantees, and the media just won't acknowledge that stuff. We'll have to wait to hear more about that.

I similarly don't see anything wrong with the Malaysia v. Australia statements. I assume they are very confident that they've found the plane, but do not know what led to the crash. It it still all speculation. What is not speculation is that the passengers are dead. If the plane is in the ocean, no one is alive. That's not a contradiction or a leap of logic. I doubt he'd tell the families that on a whim. They must be very confident, probably largely due to the tracking, and through exclusion of other possibilities. It may be hard to release something definitive to the public, but I hope they can do so soon for the families' sakes.

So I just heard on the news that they didnt think the plane went north because of the radar coverage. so they used that information with known planes and the satellites pings to come up with a math problem that solved the issue of where the plane is.

So what if the plane was sheilded by radar and the math problem is wrong because the data is based on excluding the northern part of the red line ?

I don't think the shielding thing was ever really a possibility - that was put out there as something cool to talk about, but I imagine the governments have dismissed that based on other data. I don't think the governments ever really thought it happened - it's pretty far-fetched.

I don't think the shielding thing was ever really a possibility - that was put out there as something cool to talk about, but I imagine the governments have dismissed that based on other data. I don't think the governments ever really thought it happened - it's pretty far-fetched.

So it vanishing from radar was a lie?

It was INMARSAT that figured it out, not radar. Check out this link.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/24/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-satellite-tracking/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/24/flight-mh370-inmarsat-aaib-analy

"Based on their new analysis, Inmarsat and the AAIB have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.

Using the data from just eight satellite "pings" after the plane's other onboard Acars automatic tracking system went off at 1.07am, the team at Inmarsat was initially able to calculate that it had either headed north towards the Asian land mass or south, towards the emptiest stretches of the India Ocean.

McLaughlin told CNN that it was a "groundbreaking but traditional" piece of mathematics which was then checked by others in the space industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa