Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes good sense for the investigation to be based in Australia as we have the capabilities, is the place where wreckage would be immediately be taken and our relationships with all the countries involved in the search is on the whole pretty good.

I think Australia can be trusted to perform an objective investigation. I think the families of the Australians on the plane would be in favour of this too.

It's Malaysia's decision of course.

Good morning all, hoping today is the day at last!

The Malaysian Ministers continue to shoot themselves in the foot in public. The posted article said an Interpol check of a passport takes 0.2 seconds. That was in response to one of the Malaysian Ministers telling their Parliament that the reason the Interpol program wasn't used is because it takes too long!

Interpol also said other countries had used the service millions of times over the past year and Malaysia - not once.

It does make one wonder.

At first I thought the Malaysian Ministers were just unsophisticated. And while that may indeed be the case, there does seem to be a bit more going on. No passports ever checked with Interpol? That is quite strange.

CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 1h
On Saturday, a Chinese Ilyushin IL-76 aircraft spotted 3 suspicious objects in the Indian Ocean, which were white,red & orange (Xinhua)

CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 1h
Families of the #MH370 will take a MH361 flight to Kuala Lumpur at 01:30 BJT on Sunday.50 people have registered for the trip so far.#MH370

The Malaysian Ministers continue to shoot themselves in the foot in public. The posted article said an Interpol check of a passport takes 0.2 seconds. That was in response to one of the Malaysian Ministers telling their Parliament that the reason the Interpol program wasn't used is because it takes too long!

Interpol also said other countries had used the service millions of times over the past year and Malaysia - not once.

It does make one wonder.

At first I thought the Malaysian Ministers were just unsophisticated. And while that may indeed be the case, there does seem to be a bit more going on. No passports ever checked with Interpol? That is quite strange.

bbm, Absolutely, and scary to. Makes one wonder how they are not required to check passports against interpol. So glad I have no desire to ever travel in that part of the world. I can't imagine.

AMSA News ‏@AMSA_News 16m
HMAS Toowoomba has left Fleet Base West near Perth to join the international search for #MH370. The 1,800 km trip will take about three days

https://twitter.com/AMSA_News

I heard bad weather should be moving in within the next 48 hours.

CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 21m
Equipped with high-precision GPS & black box locators, 2 Chinese ships continue the search for #MH370. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fP43cPIamM … #MH370

Wow ... so the two Chinese ships have black box locators on them. I didn't realise that.

I see Ocean Shield will take the US black box locator to the site - leaving Perth on Monday (some articles say leaving on Sunday).

Australian Defence patrol vessel Ocean Shield is due to dock tonight at HMAS Stirling naval base on Garden Island, south of Perth, to join the search.

It will tomorrow be fitted with a Towed Ping Locator and Bluefin-21 underwater drone which uses sonar to scan the sea floor for signs of wreckage.

Ocean Shield is expected to set sail on Monday and take two to three days to reach the search zone, 1850km west of Perth, depending on the weather.

It means the crew and air crash investigators would likely arrive at the search zone on Thursday or Friday, just three or four days before the ping is due to start fading.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...size-of-victoria/story-fnhocxo3-1226868567514

bbm, Absolutely, and scary to. Makes one wonder how they are not required to check passports against interpol. So glad I have no desire to ever travel in that part of the world. I can't imagine.

Most countries don't routinely check passports against Interpol records. They aren't required to. A recent article reported that .001% of international arrivals to Australia are checked against Interpol.

I've been to Malaysia. I didn't like KL much but I really liked Penang. I would go back.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...abase-of-stolen-passports-20140317-34y4a.html

Thought I should stop lurking now things are a bit more quiet and join in on here! I was following the forum but couldn't keep up with all the posts though so I've missed out on a lot and just getting information from news reports lately!

I was holding onto hope of the plane landed with survivors, but hope soon the black boxes are located for answers and the families and friends can try to move on as best as they can. :( The whole situation has just been unbelievable.

I am another Aussie, my partner is in the Navy and there have been more Navy ships heading out to search as he got asked if he wanted to go the other day while they were about to head out of Sydney (he is just covering a few days here and there at the moment as he just got back from 6 months deployment!).

Looking forward to being apart of the discussion! :)

P.S I just had to comment on some earlier posts about our lovely accents, LOL. I was always used to the Aussie way of talking and thought American's totally had our accents wrong until I spent 2 months in the States to fly back into Sydney airport and realise how terrible we sound!!! :p

Thought I should stop lurking now things are a bit more quiet and join in on here! I was following the forum but couldn't keep up with all the posts though so I've missed out on a lot and just getting information from news reports lately!

I was holding onto hope of the plane landed with survivors, but hope soon the black boxes are located for answers and the families and friends can try to move on as best as they can. :( The whole situation has just been unbelievable.

I am another Aussie, my partner is in the Navy and there have been more Navy ships heading out to search as he got asked if he wanted to go the other day while they were about to head out of Sydney (he is just covering a few days here and there at the moment as he just got back from 6 months deployment!).

P.S I just had to comment on some earlier posts about our lovely accents, LOL. I was always used to the Aussie way of talking and thought American's totally had our accents wrong until I spent 2 months in the States to fly back into Sydney airport and realise how terrible we sound!!! :p

So glad you joined us Indi! Welcome!

Welcome!:loveyou:

OT

Sitting here in the dark, Earth Hour has just begun.

20 mins more til Qld darkens.

Out of interest, who is going to turn their lights off at 8.30 pm their local time tonight?

Just thank my post if you are participating so we don't clog up the thread with answers.

First pilot back today .... didn't find anything. :sigh:

Amy McNeilage, the Sydney Morning Herald tweets: "Unfortunately we didn't find anything"- Russell Adams first pilot back from #MH370 search today pic.twitter.com/kJIlahGYpl

Ummm ... are we a bit hungry for news??

Bj4m2MvCYAAcmB4.jpg:medium

First pilot back today .... didn't find anything. :sigh:

Amy McNeilage, the Sydney Morning Herald tweets: "Unfortunately we didn't find anything"- Russell Adams first pilot back from #MH370 search today pic.twitter.com/kJIlahGYpl

Ummm ... are we a bit hungry for news??

Bj4m2MvCYAAcmB4.jpg:medium

the photo face is way funny.

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 1h
Australian pilot just back from search for #MH370 says the objects seen y'day by Chinese have been marked with buoys, so ships can find them

The investigation into what happened on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is likely to be based in Australia as it becomes increasingly likely that the ill-fated aircraft crashed in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Perth.
However, Malaysian authorities have said that no inquiry will be established until the plane's black box has been recovered, which could take years.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/29/15/48/mh370-inquiry-may-be-based-in-australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member