Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #19

Discussion in 'Malaysia Airline Disasters' started by gregjrichards, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

WARNING ALERT - Australian press conference with Prime Minister Abbott & Prime Minister of Malaysia at 11:15am just over 2 hours and 15 minutes from this post. 11:15 am Perth Australia time according to mainstream media twitter. 11:15 am Perth Time, 4:15 am London Time, 11:15 pm New York time, 7:15 pm Los Angeles Time, 5:15 am Paris time.

UPDATE NOW AT 11:15 AM 30 MINUTES TIME FROM THIS UPDATE

AustraliaNetworkNews ‏@an_news 11m

#MH370 update: @TonyAbbottMHR and @NajibRazak to give joint press statement on missing plane search in #perth at 1115WST 1415AEST 0315UTC

2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

Ahh...but it's one thing to speculate or state our opinion that the wreckage came from the plane, it is quite another to go on national media as an expert and declare emphatically (and wrongly) that it is "absolutely" parts from the plane. With media coverage like that added to the malarky that's coming out of Malaysia, is it any wonder we're confused?

LOL @ fishy link

3. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

4. miley

miley New Member

hmm... do you think they found the plane?

5. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

Mohd Ariff, who blogs as Sakmongkol, said unlike Singapore, the Malaysian government didn’t use the submarines in the operation although billions have been spent to purchase them.
    “We did not send our submarine rescue ship either (SRS) – the one built by a company known as Target Resources Sdn Bhd. We are paying RM6 million a month to Target Resource’s to be on standby. How come we did not send the SRS? Singapore did,” he said in blog posting titled ‘Making sense of our defence spending’.
    “The fact that we did not, suggests that our own SRS hasn’t got all the specs with full underwater search capabilities.
    “Do we have a remote operated vehicle that comes along with our SRS? Do we have trained divers on the ships- the ones using suits like astronauts? If we don’t have these, then what did we spend on,” asked Mohd Ariff who is also DAP’s Raub MP.
    He questioned why the government has yet to utilise its submarines even though the SAR operation has been moved to the Indian Ocean.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/04/02/where-are-our-submarines/

6. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Yeah, I see what you're saying. If anyone involved with this could get their doo doo straight it would be nice.

7. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

Am I alone in never having heard of a mangosteen before the plane disappeared?

8. Soulmagent

No ,I Had not either. I wish I still was unaware of them.

9. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

I think they'll say that a satellite has identified another big pile of trash in the ocean and this time they're positive it's the plane wreckage. They have planes and boats headed that way. :rolleyes:

10. Amee

Amee Active Member

todays search

Media Release
    3 April 2014—am

Up to eight planes and nine ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority has determined a search area of about 223,000 square kilometres, 1680 kilometres west north-west of Perth.

Eight military planes will assist in the search. One of these planes will be tasked to drop self locating datum marker buoys within the search area. The first aircraft departed for the search area at 6am WST

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr004.aspx

AMSA News ‏@AMSA_News 2h

Today's search area charts are now available on the #MH370 media kit page. http://bit.ly/1qYcbe8

11. Momoffourboys

:waiting:

12. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

I think the press conference will be just welcoming the Malaysian Prime Minister and repeating that the search will go on.
    Nothing new....

13. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

If they say that and CNN reports it....someone else can post the link cause I'm not going to do it. :banghead:

14. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

Did you google them? They're so cute, like acorns on steroids.

15. Momoffourboys

Very apropos...

Malaysian police confirm they have interviewed farm workers who handled fruit cargo aboard missing MH370 in case they were used to smuggle a bomb onto the jet
    Police went to interview everyone who handled a cargo of mangosteens
    Raises question of whether an explosive device could have been planted in the cargo of four tons of the exotic fruit
    Revealing police 'have clues' to the disappearance of the aircraft

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...case-used-smuggle-bomb-jet.html#ixzz2xmaxZ44Z
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

ETA: if the mangosteens are found to be responsible...i give up!

16. Soulmagent

I did an I think I am going to get the lotion..

17. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

We really are back to square one. Soon we'll be hearing (again) how there was no explosion caught by the satellites and that events such as the tracking equipment being intentionally shut off and the plane continuing to fly until at least 8:11 rule
    out a catastrophic event.

18. Tiepos

Tiepos New Member

Until you see the inside and then they look like eating brains. :scared:

19. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

Yummy with fava beans and a nice chianti.

20. SilkySifaka

SilkySifaka Active Member

I have one sitting on my desk. Good eating. And I live in a very small town but they carry them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.