Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this has been done, could you all share link. If not, could one of our awesome mappers have time to draw a circle around an area that they had enough fuel to travel to? Maybe starting at airport. I was trying to figure it out and I'm just not savvy enough computer wise to do it.

Please and thanks.

Pilot suicide is always possible, but I always have trouble wrapping my mind around that. Even the cases where it's considered the likely cause, it's so hard to say for sure. I know one possible case involved a pilot who was on his last flight before he was being forced to resign due to allegations of inappropriate behavior with women - I could see rage at the airliner as a motivator, but few other cases. I know many times things happen that are hard to understand, but rarely does someone take many innocent people out with them without having been noticeably angry and distressed beforehand. It's possible more could come out regarding the pilot, but I find that unlikely.

I would like to see those records, if they exist(ed).

O/T
Just wanted to jump on in here.

Thank you to all who are following along, articulating articles and sharing theories. I followed early on in this event and was just speechless. My father was an airline captain and started his career in the late 50's until his last professional flight during the 1st Gulf War.

I recall growing up around big airports, little airports and everything in-between. When there were airline tragedies or airport drama I loved to listen in or be lucky enough to question him, he was so uniquely bright and passionate about flying. The stories I could tell about my exciting childhood!

My father died last January and on the eve of his death after we left the hospital, the wind was rippling, violent, sharp, and steady at over 40 mph with gusts at 60mph and it was as if my father was taking his final flight. It was powerful and beautiful and I stood with my arms extended as that wind penetrated me taking in every last moment of his life.

Thanks for letting me share. Miss you dad.

JMO

Prayers for the families. They will always be in your heart.

Oh my WideOpen, you brought tears to my eyes.
What a gift to have a father who shared so much with you. I'm so sorry for your recent loss.

I had two weird responses in a row that left me scratching my head.
As I pointed out, the thought the couple hijacked the plane never crossed my mind. I just can't figure out why they'd be on the plane unless one has to fly out of Vietnam to another airport prior to flying to Beijing (probably so). If so, maybe the price did influence their choice as KL is under an hour flight from Vietnam but in a southern direction.

Yes, i've gone "backwards".

I fly from the interior, to the ocean (West), just to turn around and go the opposite direction to central Canada.

It is weird, but they are cheaper flights and sometimes it's good if you have a long layover. IDK.

and :peace: everyone. :loveyou:

O/T

Thank you to all who are following along, articulating articles and sharing theories. I followed early on in this event and was just speechless. My father was an airline captain and started his career in the late 50's until his last professional flight during the 1st Gulf War.

I recall growing up around big airports, little airports and everything in-between. When there were airline tragedies or airport drama I loved to listen in or be lucky enough to question him, he was so uniquely bright and passionate about flying. The stories I could tell about my exciting childhood!

My father died last January and on the eve of his death after we left the hospital, the wind was rippling, violent, sharp, and steady at over 40 mph with gusts at 60mph and it was as if my father was taking his final flight. It was powerful and beautiful and I stood with my arms extended as that wind penetrated me taking in every last moment of his life.

JMO

Thanks for sharing this with us. It really warmed my heart.

CNBCWorld ‏@CNBCWorld 3m
#BREAKING Malaysia air force chief denies saying that missing jet was last detected over Strait of Malacca

https://twitter.com/CNBCWorld

:doh:

So back to the beginning?

We have a missing plane in the Gulf of Thailand
No distress signal or any communication
No debris found where it last signaled.

What else is out there..

:saber:
:ufo:

Some REAL Concrete answers would be great

O/T

JMO

That was beautiful

Previous cases of (highly) suspected pilot suicide

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990"]EgyptAir Flight 990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SilkAir_Flight_185"]SilkAir Flight 185 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Air_Maroc_Flight_630"]Royal Air Maroc Flight 630 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

New! [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAM_Mozambique_Airlines_Flight_470"]LAM Mozambique Airlines Flight 470 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_D._Button

O/T

JMO

Stunningly beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

I just got the creepiest thought/feeling that if it did happen like this and the pilot never turned around and the plane continued on course... unmanned ...it would have probably crashed on solid land. The mental image of all that made me nauseous.

Which leads me to wonder why are they not searching the jungles?

Maybe there is leftover bombs from the Vietnam war? I am surprised no other planes from 30,000 - 39,000 did not see, hear this. :banghead:

Here I go, brain is in overdrive.

:doh:

So back to the beginning?

We have a missing plane in the Gulf of Thailand
No distress signal or any communication
No debris found where it last signaled.

What else is out there..

:saber:
:ufo:

Some REAL Concrete answers would be great

CNBCWorld ‏@CNBCWorld 3m
#BREAKING Malaysia air force chief denies saying that missing jet was last detected over Strait of Malacca

https://twitter.com/CNBCWorld

I have read it, and reread it and read it again. So he denies SAYING the info, but he never quite denies the actual info. In the original source, Reuters, it was quoted as an unamed source AFAIR

O/T

JMO

Off topic

Sorry for your loss WideOpen it is great that you and your dad had a shared interest and passion for flying. I personally find flying an exciting activity and even in this day and age I still think it is amazing these magnificent machines enable us to connect with people across the globe and allow us to experience different places and cultures.

It is a shame that these rare tragic events mean flying isn't a happy experience for everyone.

Who's a conspiracy theorist? :shush:

Although today I spoke with an ex-airforce colleague at work and he believes a wing (left?) broke off and hence why the plane in the opposite direction from it's flight path.

The only question is why was there no distress calls? Isn't that proper protocol?

The only thing I can think of is from a "Mayday" episode where the older, more experienced Captain was not listening to a younger, inexperienced co-pilot and the 53 y.o. captain thought he could handle the broken wing and land the plane safely?

Good evening!

Agree, that is one possibility at this point. It appears, at least from what I'm reading and hearing today, that the two impostors have been ruled out as having participated in a terrorism plot and/or taken the aircraft down? That they were basically two men seeking refuge in Europe?

Unfortunately I don't believe anything within reason should be ruled out until something is found to contradict a particular theory. However, the aircraft sitting on the ground at some remote airport with 239 people aboard is not reasonable, in my opinion.

MOO

New thread is open so you can start posting there. This thread will close in 10 minutes... thanks!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237716"]Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Great question!
(The reasonable answer is because no pilot in their right mind would want to turn the transponder off.)

Why have it located/placed where it can be turned off? Especially when taking into account hijackings and the like. There must be a reason other than cost or leaving an open door to additional tragedy (like not being able to find a missing plane).

BBM ~ Sadly, not, imo. These corporations would lose too much $$$ if they had to recall every single airplane. It's a gamble, until a tragedy happens.

OT but I was in a bad motorbike accident in Thailand and the dammed hospital had my passport. That made me more mad.

They'd probably steal me before they steal my passport. ;)

Yikes! Didn't they treat you well? Were you in Bangkok or rural?
Rural can be shocking. Can be really, really third world.
We tried to get an open wound on my leg fixed up once and it was unbelievably difficult - filthy, no sanitation or alcohol, couldn't recognize it needed a bandage. We laugh about it now but it wasn't funny then because I didn't want to get an infection which is why we sought out the 'first aid' place.

o/t but what do you mean steal you? Never feared anybody trying to take me but was warned and careful to guard my stuff (like when on a bus or walking around in a crowd at a market).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998