Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The high school buddy said they stayed "a week". He must have been in contact until they left.[/QUOTE

This confuses me how could they be in MAL a week - their tickets were bought the day before the flight??]

I disagree. Strongly. Let's put this into perspective... He's a qualified INSTRUCTOR who is also certified as an EXAMINER by the Malaysian Civil Aviation Safety Authority

And again... (we really need a FAQ Thread!)

This is my home simulator... does it make me a potential terrorist???

Looks like fun. How expensive is a set up like that?

I disagree. Strongly. Let's put this into perspective... He's a qualified INSTRUCTOR who is also certified as an EXAMINER by the Malaysian Civil Aviation Safety Authority

DUDE! I want to come over! As my sons would say, that is the s*** :seeya:

I went back to pull this out of my old post from 3/11

Retweeted by Jon Ostrower
Thom Patterson ‏@thompatterson 6h
NO IN-FLIGHT SVS: Malaysia Airlines' ISP AeroMobile tells CNN's @aaroncooperdc that #MH370 "was never fitted with the AeroMoible service.”

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

What's a supergrass?

An informant with serious and reliable information that points to a number of people who may be involved in a conspiracy. Sometimes they are whistleblowers.

The photo is like that because the placed one photo on top of the other. We are seeing the legs from the bottom photo.

Yeh they said they put both on the zerox together - save paper who knows huh ?? SO silly

What he has is much more than an Xbox or game simulator. Look at the separate foot pedals, the separate thrust levers, all the supporting hardware, and those nice monitors. This is not your run of the mill simulator you can just buy at Best Buy. This is no doubt an elaborate system he had.

Well, I guess we must know different kinds of people! Sure, I couldn't do it, and I sure couldn't afford it, nor would I have any interest in it, BUT that doesn't mean that it is out of the ordinary for a PILOT, or even someone with an interest in flying.

Baer on CNN, I think I heard him say that they (Malaysia) still has not turned data on passengers to US authorities assisting investigation. He further said he thinks they are in denial.

At this point nothing is worth hiding. They need to open up, not to the world, but to assisting investigators.

If you google "flight simulators in home", you get a ton of links. Everything from DIY to buying the cockpit already made. I'd never heard of it until this case! And I think that it was reported that the pilot built his own. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :seeya:

I may have to "throttle back" a little bit my view of the system that he had. Pun intended :)

I blame it on the media as they really had me believing he had quite an elborate system the way they talked.

I do realize it is a great hobby and lots of people have smaller systems that they enjoy. In fact, there was the one kid in the US that stole a small plane and successfully landed it somewhere and he told LE he learned how to fly from a typical flight game simulator.

But all that said, this particular pilot has his plane missing and most people with simulators dont have planes missing too. So, I keep looking at the totality of the evidence so far. Even though it is still not much to go on yet, this guy and the things we are learning about him just rise to more than an inkling for me right now.

Dad of missing passenger on CNN, oh his pain, I am so incredibly sorry.

This confuses me how could they be in MAL a week - their tickets were bought the day before the flight??]
I am confused by this, too. This raises some questions. What were they waiting on? Where did they stay? Who were they in contact with besides a criminal who provides false documentation to people along the way? How convenient is it to run into an old high school buddy in another country as soon as you arrive then be invited to stay with them a day or so?

UGH! I can't even refresh the page. :(

OFF TOPIC!!!

I have a slight (ok, maybe to you, but HUGE to me!) emergency and you intelligent folks I'm sure can help me! I lost my address bar! I'm using firefox. I can't type in any websites to visit!!! I don't know what I did, but it's GONE!!! SOS, MAYDAY, HELP!!!

Close your browser and restart your computer without saving anything? Hopefully it will go back to normal settings. Otherwise you can right click on the bottom and hopefully get some choices?

OFF TOPIC!!!

I have a slight (ok, maybe to you, but HUGE to me!) emergency and you intelligent folks I'm sure can help me! I lost my address bar! I'm using firefox. I can't type in any websites to visit!!! I don't know what I did, but it's GONE!!! SOS, MAYDAY, HELP!!!

Try restarting your computer. :)

I am confused by this, too. This raises some questions. What were they waiting on? Where did they stay? Who were they in contact with besides a criminal who provides false documentation to people along the way? How convenient is it to run into an old high school buddy in another country as soon as you arrive then be invited to stay with them a day or so?

Waiting on passports and tickets? Maybe the passports weren't available when the first set of tickets were purchased? I am surprised that the mother waiting in Germany for her son hasn't been interviewed.

According to people in this thread YES! That is way to elaborate and expensive to own. You set it up your self? I'm calling the FEDS NOW! Why on earth would a pilot enjoy a flight simulator? Why would a pilot want to practice flying? The only conceivable reason is TERRORISM.

to run into an old high school budd

my thoughts EXACTLY makes no sense -- how can you be in MAL for a week when you arrived in MAL from another flight to catch 370 on that day!??????

Click on the orange Firefox tab at the top left of the screen. Click on options and see if the navigation toolbar is checked. If not, click it to check it and see if it shows up. Hope that helps!

Edit: Meant to quote 2hope4.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads