Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen any statement as to whether the window was definitely shut when they went to bed. It's implied that it was by the fact that it's seen open in the morning, but I would like to hear that someone did actually notice the state of the window at an earlier time.

Mind you there's an awful lot I would like to know that hasn't been stated. Such as whether Nora was sleeping on the ground floor, who was occupying the attic space and where the siblings were sleeping. Whether her shoes are missing, whether Nora takes any kind of sleeping medications, whether it's possible she could have mistaken the front door for a toilet door, whether she is likely to have been vocal if she was distressed, if she is inquisitive, quite a list.

7 August 2019:

Nora Quoirin: Malaysia investigates fingerprints in missing London teen's holiday cottage

Officers have said they are not ruling out a possible criminal element after previously saying there were no signs of foul play in Nora Quoirin's disappearance.

skynews-che-zakaria-othman_4738535.jpg

Negeri Sembilan deputy chief Che Zakaria Othman said a forensic team was analysing fingerprints found in the cottage, but declined to give details.

He said the search and investigation is still ongoing and that they are "using all the man power" available.

This includes a special team from the federal police headquarters as well as from the forensics and criminal investigation departments.

Nora Quoirin: Malaysia investigates fingerprints in missing London teen's holiday cottage

Yes quite a lot I’m wondering about too.

Can lawyers prevent police doing their jobs and questioning people? I assume siblings are minors?

They might have some valuable information as grandfather says they were all in the same room sleeping ( at some point at least)

In his interview last night that @HayLouise linked to, the second possibility of "being harmed by someone", was actually "being harmed by someone close to her".

Just for clarity, this is what Jim Gamble said about the three possibilities.

Information is thin on the ground and I think the predicament they're in is there are three hypotheses that any investigation is going to look at.

Number one, the obvious one that, the child has gone missing that she's walked out of her own volition and somehow got lost, her fallen or trapped somewhere. And given what we know about Nora, she's 15 she's got severe learning difficulties, her parents think it's unlikely that she do that and she's never done that at home, she's never wanted off at home these things can happen

Hypothesis number two that you have to always consider, clearing the ground beneath your feet, is that someone close to her could've been involved in an incident that has occurred and thereby she's disappeared.

And number three, an opportunistic predatory engagement where she is a abducted by a third party, and that would need to be very opportunistic.

I know the family are seriously considering the abduction theory the police seem to still be pushing ahead with the missing.

Whatever way it is the key is that the police, while they pursue the missing theory, do not lose sight of number two and number three, because that's about the critical golden hours when they have the opportunity to collect and secure evidence that won't be there later.

Evening Extra - 06/08/2019 - BBC Sounds

Interview starts at 47:45.

The part I've quoted starts at 49:15.

7 August 2019:

Malaysian police question 20 in search for Nóra Quoirin

Malaysian police questioned at least 20 people in the search for Nóra Quoirin, who disappeared from a holiday resort this week, as more than 200 searchers, dogs and two drones scoured the surrounding thickly-forested area

Police interviewed Nora's family and resort staff, and swept the hotel room where she was last seen for fingerprints, a police spokesman said.

"Our forensics team has gone through the entire building, and the investigation process is still ongoing," he added.

Malaysian police question 20 in search for Nóra Quoirin

How old are the sister and brother she was sharing the room with? I can't see how someone would have crept in and grabbed her, without her crying or screaming and not waking the others. This does have similarities to the McCann case in that respect, and certainly immediately citing abduction before any other theory. More likely, in both cases, they wandered out of window of own accord. This girl, although with learning difficulties, may have woken and felt inspired to explore this strange new place.

I'd say one of her siblings were around 11 and the other a few years younger, going by photos I've seen. So old enough to speak up about anything they might know.

Personally I dont think she wandered off though, not knowing the new information about her needing someone to go out into the garden with.

Sylvain Quoirin said by phone from Venisy, in north-central France where he is the mayor: 'Nora disappeared in extremely mysterious conditions since she was sleeping in the room with her sister and brother.

'In the morning, the window was open and she had disappeared, whereas after an 18-hour flight and a seven-hour time difference you would sleep soundly and not go for a stroll at night.

'Everyone went to bed tired, and in the morning Nora wasn't there.'

BUT then this:-

Negeri Sembilan deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman said that a forensic team was analyzing the fingerprints but declined to give any more details.

He also clarified that it was the window in the living hall downstairs that was left open, and not the one in the bedroom upstairs where the girl was.

Her siblings were sleeping in another room upstairs.

He declined to say if the window could be open from the inside, saying the investigation was ongoing.

So which is correct? Where did Nora sleep and which window did her sibling see open?

Sometimes little facts like these, which could be crucial, and are easily verifiable, i.e. which window and who sleeping where, seem to get so muddied. Is it to do with translation or just simple not fact checking or what?

I’m surprised they so lawyer’ed up already. I understand protecting family’s privacy but if my child went missing I’d be on every news channel.
I wondered the same. Is it normal to want lawyers at this point? Are lawyers for more than just protecting oneself if suspected of something?

I suppose they might be concerned that the questioning was distressing the children and they felt that all had been covered already? I’m taking it from information above that they had been questioned once already (“the family”).

since the family is currently distraught... And wish for no communication at this time...

It would be interesting if perhaps her teachers from her school could be contacted for information on Nora's abilities/disabilities?

I noticed a school called St. Bernadette School sent hash tags of concern...

Perhaps this is Nora's school?

JMO

I'm really sorry but I find this inappropriate. You can't contact what you think is her school and ask what her disabilities are. JMO. Sorry.

7 August 2019:

Officers have said they are not ruling out a possible criminal element after previously saying there were no signs of foul play in Nora Quoirin's disappearance.

How can they rule out previous holidaying families finger prints though?

skynews-che-zakaria-othman_4738535.jpg

Negeri Sembilan deputy chief Che Zakaria Othman said a forensic team was analysing fingerprints found in the cottage, but declined to give details.

He said the search and investigation is still ongoing and that they are "using all the man power" available.

This includes a special team from the federal police headquarters as well as from the forensics and criminal investigation departments.

I’m surprised they so lawyer’ed up already. I understand protecting family’s privacy but if my child went missing I’d be on every news channel.

I think this family are not only in a living nightmare of their daughter going missing, but a bigger nightmare because their other children must be distraught, might also have learning difficulties and are probably trying to cope with a different style of speaking/police/style etc being in such a far away exotic location. I would say its an extremely upsetting situation all round and if I was in that situation I would also get a lawyer to stop escalation of the stress, when all you want to do is focus on getting your daughter back. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members