Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

There is a sort just check the 1 thru 5 I looked at 1 thru 4.

IHAVENOCLUE, Kaykedi, dotr and 2 others like this.

2. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I believe it was her aunt speaking.

3. Simply Southern

Thanks I had not seen this. I would think the owner rather than a staff member formally speaking with the press would be more appropriate.

4. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Well that turned out to be a bit of a damp squib! The reporter said the parents didn't feel able to speak. They showed a brief appeal clip of the aunt speaking and another male and female unidentified with her. There was a brief phone conversation with the grandfather in France, speaking French, with audio translation. He said his granddaughter was "very shy, very reserved, very fearful".

The reporter also stated on the intro that it was the window in her (Nora) room that was found open.

5. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

Yeah a bit odd especially some of the reports and those signs. It’s not the most welcoming and slightly threatening vibe..,

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

The aunt of missing teenager Nora Quoirin has made an emotional appeal for help in locating her niece.

Éadaoin Agnew asked people to keep the 15-year-old, who disappeared in Malaysia on Sunday, in their thoughts.

Fighting back tears at one point, she said Nora's disappearance had been "extremely traumatic for the whole family".

"Nora is still missing. She is very vulnerable and we need to do everything we can to bring her home," she said.

Malaysian police said they had "not ruled anything out" as to the reason for Nora's disappearance.

Video is here: Missing girl's aunt makes emotional appeal for help

7. unknown402

unknown402 Well-Known Member

One of the weird things about this case to me has been the disconnect between the family and everyone. Let me lead this by saying I don’t believe that the family is involved with the disappearance. My main logic being how the hell could a tourist from London make a girl disappear in the forest in Malaysia without getting lost themselves in such a good hiding spot even locals can’t find it. Maybe it’s possible but it seems crazy to me. Furthermore I’d guess if the family was involved in foul play they’d stop demanding to look for foul play.

That being said I don’t understand the behavior. It seems family usually buddy up with the cops who suggest to not talk to the media so they don’t hinder the case, or they cozy up with media because they dont agree with the police work or just to keep their kids name in the news. Neither of these things are happening though. They disagree with the cops but won’t tell the media explicitly why. Basically we are left knowing almost nothing for sure. The only thing we can all agree on is she went missing on August 4th and no ones seen her since. Everything else about Nóra from which house or room she was staying in, what she was wearing, her mental abilities...it’s all speculation

8. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

You are vocalising what I've been thinking.

9. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

After reading more about the resort and how remote it is, if she didn't wander off, it would definitely have to be someone familiar with the place, and possibly that she was an easy target.

How did they arrive, taxi? Car rental? Sorry if its been mentioned.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  10. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

BBM

Mohamad said it was too early for police to conclude that the 15-year-old had been abducted or kidnapped.

“A search of the girl’s room at the resort did not turn up any evidence of a criminal element in her disappearance. The victim’s sister noticed that one of the windows in the room was opened on the morning she went missing, and believes Nora had gone out the window herself.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/crime-c...e-rule-out-abduction-disappearance-irish-teen

11. Blamhappy

Blamhappy Well-Known Member

She had been there since the previous day, so her smell would be within a 100 metre perimeter anyway, wouldn’t it? Depending on which direction it was in and whether they’d walked that way already, I guess.

12. Blamhappy

Thank you. I wonder where they got that from. Did the journalist interview the child? I wouldn’t have thought so.

13. unknown402

unknown402 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the whole “sibling implies she went out the window thing” is where the disconnect began and why they aren’t allowed to speak to the police or media. Maybe they took an 8 year olds suggestion and made it a key element in their case.
    (EDIT: Later commenters are informing me that the sister is the elder 12 year old who would have said that. Still it could have been an offhand comment not even under official questioning that was taken out of context and used against them. I think even a 12 year old would rather believe their sister left willingly)

Dre, IHAVENOCLUE, Mayfly and 8 others like this.
  14. Tortoise

It was a quote from the police chief that the media reported.

15. Blamhappy

Sorry, yards.

Suglo likes this.
  16. Simply Southern

The grandfather clarified this as did police. The window was downstairs in a hallway.

17. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

From reading some two star reviews I agree there are plenty of eye openers, if of course they are true.

18. Tortoise

That doesn't alter the fact of what police reported the sister said she believed Nora did. They all know where the open window was when they spoke to police. It's reported it was the sister who found the open window.

AnnaGrace, HayLouise, Alyce and 2 others like this.
  19. Simply Southern

I take this with a grain,of salt. The kid was 12, scared to death. If ask, what happened that's the only response that makes sense to an 12 year old.

Its bizarre police would base the investigation on a statement from an 12 yo. that was asleep.

peytnsmom, Mayfly, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
  20. Tortoise

The sister is 12. It's the brother who is 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.