Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Ellmau, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronbaby

bronbaby Well-Known Member

i thought the police played down the possibility of abduction due to tourism. this kind of incident has the potential to damage their economy big-time. MOO

tennison, IHAVENOCLUE, dotr and 7 others like this.

2. overthemoon

overthemoon Well-Known Member

Not everyone reacts the same way after a long haul flight. I’ve done too many 8,000-mile journeys to count. Back to Europe, I’ll be in a sleeping-like-a-baby mode. Out to Asia, I’ll be creeping around in the middle of the nite, all wide-eyed and bushy tail. It all depends.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  3. SerenSimone

SerenSimone Well-Known Member

Yes, as I said a few pages back, when someone goes missing near a body of water, they're often in the water. Glad divers have got involved but hope they search all areas thoroughly. I hope she is not there!

IHAVENOCLUE, dotr, Amonet and 5 others like this.
  4. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

I agree, from my friend Google....I discovered there are many of these type compounds in surrounding areas and most stay booked up.

I'm interested in how the locals feel about these compounds moving into their homeland. JMOO

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    IHAVENOCLUE, dotr and Kaykedi like this.
  5. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

most definitely. flying east for more than 5-6 hours = severe jet lag. flying west, no problem. i've done it 100s of times. always the same. and jet lag can get you really down and/or loopy for days and days.

IHAVENOCLUE, dotr, Alyce and 4 others like this.
  6. Summer66

Summer66 Member

they are a well travelled family visiting numerous destinations in a year so I think Nora would be quite used to travel and spending time away. Previous holidays have been in similar environments.

The photograph with mum is not recent. She is quite tall in more recent photos. In my opinion i find the abduction out of a window unlikey. Also why would she climb out the window? She doesn't appear to have significant special needs in the photographs but again just my observations.

Kaykedi, Stanly, dotr and 4 others like this.
  7. Mercsw

Mercsw Well-Known Member

There are three possibilities to these sort of cases. Based on timelines and situation, two of these are now bad news...

The stuff I have seen implied in reviews gives me some hope for the third possibility. That resort is pretty much toxic now and no one would stay there. I know we can’t use tripadvisor as fact but if there are some local resentments and threats, well this pretty much kills off these resorts. It also gives hope of her being ok and hidden

8. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

that very nearby quarry and also a nearby water treatment plant.....they worry me....a lot

9. bronbaby

Is her mother Northern Irish? which would mean either, having an Irish or British passport, or both which is the prerogative of a Northern Irish Citizen.

Kaykedi and dotr like this.
  10. bronbaby

Jim Gamble "And number three, an opportunistic predatory engagement where she is a abducted by a third party, and that would need to be very opportunistic."

11. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

They carry weapons because that's their thing there. I know my parents live in a gated community, in a third world country and security guards walk around with shotguns. I guess it's essential.
    or maybe in case of animals?

12. ACG2x

ACG2x Well-Known Member

That is supported by the timeframe on this one which is incredibly tight. What we know so far:
    • Saturday day: NQ & family arrive at resort
    • Saturday night: Last known sighting of NQ in her bedroom at resort
    • Sunday morning: NQ’s family enters her bedroom and sees window open and her gone
    Depending on when specifically they arrived on Saturday and when they entered her bedroom on Sunday, if this was a random abduction it would’ve given the abductor(s) a window of less than 20 hours to notice NQ even there, plan the logistics of taking her and act.

If this is a random abduction, the perp is either someone who works at or affiliated with the resort or a random person. Given how remote this place is, a random person isn’t likely.

Nothing adds up here. The window just seems way too tight.

13. jslk

jslk Well-Known Member

I need a floor plan of the house, I am struggling to get my head round where the bedrooms and stairs and window(s) are...

14. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find any creepy Trip[ Advisor reviews and have looked back to 2013.

Kaykedi, ErinC, broadviewren and 4 others like this.
  15. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

As to the question of bringing in some UK detectives---I don't think it is a question of corruption.

I think it is a matter of the family needing a liaison, as to the language barriers and the cultural differences, perhaps.
    Also, Malaysia relies heavily upon tourism, financially. Maybe they are reticent about focusing on kidnapping/abduction?

Kaykedi, IHAVENOCLUE, Mayfly and 4 others like this.
  16. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

The Dusun @ Seremban

Pictures and explanation from guest of house.

17. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Everyone is different - very possible to be up and about in the early hours even after a long flight.

Kaykedi, IHAVENOCLUE, dotr and 4 others like this.
  18. Jackalyn

Jackalyn Well-Known Member

You do not have to look different to have special needs. I led an advocacy course for the learning disabled where several we're vulnerable as they looked like any other teen

therion20, Kaykedi, tennison and 6 others like this.
  19. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Has anything been mentioned about whether the other villas within the complex were occupied?
    <modsnip - info from TripAdvisor is not verified>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2019
  20. Alyce

Alyce Well-Known Member

Ah, the reporting on this case is confusing.

According to the Dusun website, Sora and Emas houses are the only ones that seem to be capable of accommodating a family with 3 children.
    Even so, these houses only have two bedrooms.
    One double bedroom downstairs - double bed
    One bedroom upstairs - with one double and one single bed

so how can this statement be accurate ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.