Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a 6k search area, spreading out from the Dusun. They reduced their search area to 4k about 2/3 days ago.

The Malaysian police said they had searched and re - searched some areas within this 4k.
Thank you very much. I had missed all that, probably through skim reading. I didn’t realise how wide the search had been!

NORA QUOIRIN - MEDIA RELEASE
13th August 2019

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BREAKING

The Lucie Blackman Trust can confirm a body has been found in the search for Nora Quoirin.

At this time we cannot confirm it is Nora. However it sadly seems likely. Investigations are underway to confirm identity and cause of death.

The Charity will update as soon as possible. Please respect the family and do not approach them at this difficult time.

All at The Lucie Blackman Trust are thinking of the family and continue to support them as they come to terms with this news.

ENDS

Lucie Blackman Trust

I thought that this discovery makes it seem more likely that she wandered off. Others get the opposite impression. What am I missing?
The police chief is quoted as saying she was found “in an inaccessible area”, which could suggest the body was left there by someone else, given Nora’s mobility limitations. However, it could be the result of a fall from above. We really have too little information at this stage to make any kind of logical deductions.

Speaking in Malay, he said: “We found a female body, with white skin, around two kilometres from the house where she was staying.

“A man had phoned the police hotline at 1.15pm to say he had found a body by the waterfall.

“The body is intact.”

At 4.15pm local time, her parents Irish Meabh, 45, and French Sebastien, 47, were seen being driven through the cordon in a black Sedan.

[...]

An officer at the scene told the Mirror: “We think we have found a body, but we need to confirm it's her. Please be patient. The area is difficult to access.

“We will let you know as soon as it's confirmed."

Body found in hunt for British schoolgirl Nora Quoirin, 15, in Malaysian jungle

So a little over a mile. I wonder how far it is from the TOP of the waterfall? I would love to believe that Nora simply stepped off the edge and died very quickly. I still find it hard to believe she'd go there on her own.... but I'd love for that to be her cause of death.

Daily Mirror‏Verified account @DailyMirror

Police chief leading search for missing Nora Quoirin says: "We found a female body, with white skin, around 2km from the house where she was staying. A man had phoned the police hotline to say he had found a body by the waterfall." More details here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-missing-nora-quoirin-body-18922639?a …

Daily Mirror on Twitter

2km seems a long way to wander with mobility difficulties..though could an animal have moved her ..also been found just after a reward announcement..all thoughts just running through my mind at the minute

Daily Mirror‏Verified account @DailyMirror

Police chief leading search for missing Nora Quoirin says: "We found a female body, with white skin, around 2km from the house where she was staying. A man had phoned the police hotline to say he had found a body by the waterfall." More details here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-missing-nora-quoirin-body-18922639?a …

Daily Mirror on Twitter

Oh my goodness, from the article:

A source said: “The police need to confirm its definitely Nora, because the local population bury their relatives in shallow graves in the area.

Someone will have to identify and they might want to see for themselves where she was found. I hope the siblings are not there though.

I understand that but identifying can be done through a picture or later... and they can be shown the spot later. I'm concerned that IF this is a crime scene it's going to be trampled. Not to mention the trauma of these parents seeing their daughter out there...

Oh my goodness, from the article:

A source said: “The police need to confirm its definitely Nora, because the local population bury their relatives in shallow graves in the area.

Well since they can visually see the skin and gender unless someone's white female relative died this week.... I think it's Nora.

Though, that certainly would have complicated things for the cadaver dogs. Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo