Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange thought reading last few posts- dad and children jet lagged, mum essentially not. Strange that dad was up first, not mum, especially as she hadn’t seen her children for the last week or so. Changes nothing, but just something I hadn’t considered until the last few posts.

So if they were told that why wait 3 hours?

I can't imagine they've endeared themselves to the Malayans. Now it makes sense they were so careful to thank them. And now were know they were busy appointing an attorney while locals gave up their holiday to look for their daughter... sound like a bit of white privilege for me l'm afraid. IMHO.
Aug 5/6 search area and resources from Bernama. YouTube has drone videos of the dense jungle. Ground search takes time.

But the parents wanted police to immediately consider kidnap and ransom scenario. They set up an email for the kidnapper and started online fundraising for ransom.
Screenshot_20190815-013954.png

I'm not real sure, when "an attorney", no full name is quoted, I buy it. Most attorneys want to make sure to get their name out, especially in a high profile/media case. Just saying,...

His name is out there, referenced in many articles. The parents retained him the second day she was missing. I just didn’t feel I needed to go look it up and write his name when it’s very common knowledge that they hired him.

I thought her husband was French. Maybe he still has citizenship.

The attorney clarified what he said because initially the media completely misinterpreted him. (they tend to do that a lot)
He said they were asking for a criminal investigation. Imo

Ah, thanks for that clarification.

Strange thought reading last few posts- dad and children jet lagged, mum essentially not. Strange that dad was up first, not mum, especially as she hadn’t seen her children for the last week or so. Changes nothing, but just something I hadn’t considered until the last few posts.

Mum's flight from Sydney is shorter than Dad and kids from UK

What if Nora and her parents had argued? Nothing out of the ordinary for parents and kids. Or maybe Nora and her siblings had argued. Was something said which Nora took literally? Did this prompt her to leave. Even the most sensitive and kind people can have a meltdown and need to cool off.

What do we make of this press conference?

Not in any schools that I’m aware of. This is definitely not the case in WA, and wasn’t ever the case when I was a kid and went to school in 4 states. I’ve never heard of this before.
Not when I went to school either!
They started doing it about 20 years ago, some states took longer than others, and some have not started it yet.
Everything is done by computer now, and the kids have a card that they swipe when they buy lunch at the cafeteria that scans their fingerprint. It's so they can quickly know their status as to whether or not they get free lunch, reduced price, or have to pay cash.
I'm shocked that they don't have this system in WA yet.
Maybe you just don't remember your child making their print? They only do it once.

Three kids, one is handicapped traveling an 18 hour flight, the the drive to the resort in a taxi, maybe stopped for groceries, language barrier, new time zone. Of course, jet lag, even if you take away the kids.

8 AM in Malaysia is 1 AM in the UK. So dad was up at 1am UK time.....uh....

And, the first day is the worst.

Jmo

Where is the 18 hours coming from? Google shows its less than 13 hours from London to Kuala Lumpur.

press conference is now online.

>estimate time of her death, was 2-3 days
>few bruises and small cut on her foots, but that not causes for her death
>no evidence that she was raped, her hymen still intact
>no evidence of kidnapping
>roughly report, that the cause of her death was gastro-internal bleeding. She did not eat for a very long time.
>there are still undergoing intensive diagnosis for further clarification cause of her death.

OK folks, is it close to time for the press conference? Two o'clock....

Anyone have the Twitter links handy?
@HayLouise

LOL this reminds me of a house on the way to the barn where my daughter rides. It is on a large hunk of property and has a long driveway. The driveway has a working electronic gate, but it isn’t attached to anything on either side. You can walk or drive right around. It’s so weird and it looks really dumb. Why have that??

Thanks for a belly laugh!!! So needed... :)

press conference is now online.

>estimate time of her death, was 2-3 days
>few bruises and small cut on her foots, but that not causes for her death
>no evidence that she was raped, her hymen still intact
>no evidence of kidnapping
>roughly report, that the cause of her death was gastro-internal bleeding. She did not eat for a very long time, plus so also under extremely stress.
>there are still undergoing intensive diagnosis for further clarification cause of her death.

No, her mother said she does not understand concepts, not that she has little ability to comprehend anything.
As I understand it, Nora was on about a first grade reading level.
She loved to play cat Bingo and tell jokes. She loved to wear clever shirts and bright colors.

She would have a good grasp on what is appropriate or what is not appropriate to do or say. It would have been taught to her at school on a daily basis when she was younger.
She would have understood a lot of things. She obviously had a sense of humor and the ability to tell jokes so she sounds to me like she was very high functioning considering her disability.

I've had students with similar disabilities who were nowhere near as high functioning and that's a reflection of the quality of services her parents have obviously provided for her.
Not every parent does that.
They seem like they are compassionate and dedicated.

I think her mother's description sounds accurate to what she would have been capable of.
She would have needed assistance with daily living skills and had to rely on her parents to do what many can do on their own. So she was not independent. She didn't even go out in their garden by herself.

But yes, she would have understood it if someone said to her, don't make any noise or something bad will happen to your parents. Imo

Ah yes, I apologize for confusing concepts with comprehension. You’re right, that is exactly what she said, and there is a big difference in the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517