Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nora was an average healthy 15 year old who went missing and was ultimately found deceased by a waterfall, what would everyone think happened to her?
Would it change anything?
Well, it would be much more likely that she could have survived if she had gotten lost.

But I think it would be the same, it would have appeared from the beginning that she was abducted.
With the open window, her being in her underwear with no shoes and nothing missing I would immediately assume the same.

Especially since my daughter is shy and sensitive, too. Imo

Woah, some stuff being said about Malaysia, the locals and LE are terrible.
I think the local LE did the best they could, and the locals were nothing but respectful and kind to everyone. If they need to keep Nóra's body for a little longer in order to find what really happened to her, that doesn't make them terrible people and it doesn't mean that they're covering up something.

I don't think they deserve that big of a pat on the back. They didn't come when initially called and the locals said they wouldn't even bother coming unless you went to get them in person. So not exactly a crack team of police. Hopefully the their superiors at the national level were better than the local police. I have no criticism of the locals at all though. But I'm seriously unimpressed with a police force that can't be bothered to show up if you tell them your handicapped child has disappeared. They got on the ball mostly after this hit the news. That motivates people who would otherwise not bother much.

Not sure if this satisfies the waterfall question or not, fwiw..
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...y-found-near-waterfall-nora-was-excited-visit
"KUALA LUMPUR: The body found by rescuers searching for Nora Anne Quoirin was located on a steep slope by a stream not far from a waterfall.

It was the same waterfall the 15-year-old teenager had told her family she was excited to visit when they arrived at The Dusun resort, according to British newspaper Daily Mail.

The report said this bit of information was told to them by one of the volunteer searchers.

It is thought Quoirin had been told about the spectacular waterfall by her mother, Meabh, after arriving at the resort for a two-week holiday.

Hours before her body was found, volunteer Shirley Yap told Daily Mail she was setting off to search around the waterfall having been told the missing girl was “excited” to see the attraction.

“We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort. We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain,” the news outlet quoted her as saying."

Well, it would be much more likely that she could have survived if she had gotten lost.

But I think it would be the same, it would have appeared from the beginning that she was abducted.
With the open window, her being in her underwear with no shoes and nothing missing I would immediately assume the same.

Especially since my daughter is shy and sensitive, too. Imo

Exactly. My parents would assume I was abducted at 15 yo if I disappeared in my underwear while everyone else was sleeping and not even shoes on me.

I totally have a 16 yo boy though who might step outside in the jungle barefoot and wearing some shorts. But not just his underwear. He's always been a risk taker and an early riser though. Not a shy handicapped teen girl.

I don't think they deserve that big of a pat on the back. They didn't come when initially called and the locals said they wouldn't even bother coming unless you went to get them in person. So not exactly a crack team of police. Hopefully the their superiors at the national level were better than the local police. I have no criticism of the locals at all though. But I'm seriously unimpressed with a police force that can't be bothered to show up if you tell them your handicapped child has disappeared. They got on the ball mostly after this hit the news. That motivates people who would otherwise not bother much.

You know... not every place has police within a 5 minute drive. They probably had quite a drive. They did show up, within a few hours. This place was very RURAL!

Can we all agree we know waterfalls have been mentioned in general terms, but please no one send us down rabbit holes reading articles and links etc unless it specifically says, Nora's family believe she could have gone to the waterfall? And not hearsay from the last two days, that doesn't count either ;)

Specifically, it's where the searchers heard it from that interests me because crucially this directed them to Nora, apparently.

So far, I don't believe we've validated a source to back them up.

Me too -
So far, all we know from msm is that Shirley Yap had heard this information. When and where we have no idea.

do the residents and tourists of that part of Malaysia not deserve to know if theres a murderer lurking amongst them? some information at this point would be in the interest of the public, surely
the area probably still has a large police presence.
I think if it was murder the police are investigating.
The results of the PM will be known tomorrow.

My son looks absolutely helpless and very ill if you only look at his medical records. In actuality, he is a Supervisor of other people with disabilities, and works outside in the stifling Florida heat 3/4 of his 40 hours. As another poster said, the description of her sounds like a medical record/ report for benefits

Do you remember how long it took them to arrive once they were called? I thought I read 3 hours but I'm not sure.

I did just read that the staff at the hotel searched the hotel property on the day she went missing, searching through the thick jungle. They must have looked on the path to the waterfall if they did all that. They know the area well, so it's surprising there was no sign of her anywhere. She could not possibly have gone far at that point.

I wonder why, since her scent stopped just at the edge of the jungle, they were so convinced that she had gotten lost. Imo

Nora Quoirin: Body found in Malaysian jungle is missing British teen | Daily Mail Online

"The 15-year-old told family she was 'excited' to visit a waterfall, a searcher said"

This what you were looking for?
*I posted this earlier this morning. It is still unclear to me as this was after her body was found.

It is thought Nora had been told about the spectacular waterfall by her mother after arriving at the resort for a two week holiday.

Hours before the body was found, volunteer Shirley Yap told MailOnline she was setting off to search around the waterfall having been told Nora was 'excited' to see the attraction.
Nora Quoirin: Body found in Malaysian jungle is missing British teen | Daily Mail Online

Source? What I remember being said is that the Resort people didn't want to call the police and said that, if the father wanted to talk to the police, he had to go there himself.

Me too -
So far, all we know from msm is that Shirley Yap had heard this information. When and where we have no idea.
Right. We have no idea if the parents told investigators or someone heard them talking about it or Nora herself said it to someone or when it was mentioned.
I'm sure the parents would have told the kids before the trip all of the exciting things they were going to see there. The kids were probably talking about many things they were excited about. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal