Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellmau

Reaction score
Girl, 15, vanishes on Malaysian holiday

Nora Quoirin, who has learning difficulties, arrived there with her family on Saturday for a two week "trip of a lifetime".

They were staying in the town of Seremban, on the edge of rainforest near Kuala Lumpur.

When her parents awoke on Sunday morning they found her missing and the window of her hotel room open.

The friend of the family, who works for the BBC in Northern Ireland, estimated that by noon UK time she had already been missing for 12 hours.

Malaysian Police are said to be looking for Nora with sniffer dogs.

ACTIVE SEARCH - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Thread #2 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Thread #3 - Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Thread #4 -Found Deceased - Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Thread #5

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok so the article in the Mirror clarifies that they had a second post mortem in the UK, and this is the one that they are awaiting results from. Still, seems a long old wait considering it must of taken place around end of August.

Ah ok so the article in the Mirror clarifies that they had a second post mortem in the UK, and this is the one that they are awaiting results from. Still, seems a long old wait considering it must of taken place around end of August.

I wonder if they're waiting on tox reports as that's what usually takes longest, but it's usually (in the UK at least) about 6 weeks for full testing.

Just going back to whether Nora died in situ or was moved there - I think if there was any indication she did not die where she was found we'd know about it already as it would mean a third party was definitely involved, and the family surely would have said something to that effect.

I wonder if they're waiting on tox reports as that's what usually takes longest, but it's usually (in the UK at least) about 6 weeks for full testing.

Just going back to whether Nora died in situ or was moved there - I think if there was any indication she did not die where she was found we'd know about it already as it would mean a third party was definitely involved, and the family surely would have said something to that effect.[/QUOTE

Even so 4 months for toxicology reports...? :eek:

It's so confusing HKP. In typical cases (and this is a sweeping generalisation) a teenage girl would be sexually abused by a kidnapper. Did someone take Nora and, upon realising she had special needs, decide to just let her starve to death before dumping her body?

Did we ever find out what was in her stomach, i.e. had she been drinking stream water and eating from the land? And were her feet worn and injured from wandering barefoot through dense undergrowth? If the answer to both of those is 'no' then it seems likely to me she wasn't outside all that time. Was a second PM conducted back in Ireland? I hope there's an inquest and the family get answers.
As I believe, Nora’s disability would have meant that she would have been incapable of just eating anything (like you or I would do, insects etc), she would not realize that she was lost, in her mind she would think that her parents would have known where she was. To her food was a meal, she would not have known to eat other things for sustenance.

I agree with Nora's parents, I also believe there was a criminal element to her disappearance. I've always thought the key to solving this mystery, is working out how Nora left the family's accommodation that night. That's something I've thought about a lot.

At first I considered an abduction to be highly improbable. The problem with an abduction scenario is, in extracting Nora, it's likely her siblings would have been woken too. For a perpetrator, that makes an abduction, in these circumstances, far too risky. Then I was considering how Nora could have been taken, without her siblings being disturbed. The most likely method, as someone has already posted, would have been to drug the children. If they were drugged, it was most likely sometime earlier in the day. Then, in the middle of the night, someone, maybe two people, entered their accommodation, probably using a stolen or copied passkey. They crept upstairs, and with all the children deeply asleep from the effects of a drug, took Nora from her bed. They then walked or carried Nora downstairs and out the front door. Before closing the door, one of the abductors opened the window, as a decoy and diversion. Then Nora was carried to the nearest road, placed in a waiting van or truck, (the noise of a vehicle was heard on the night) and driven away. That's why no trace of Nora was ever found in the vicinity, and there were no sightings of her either.

I agree with Nora's parents, I also believe there was a criminal element to her disappearance. I've always thought the key to solving this mystery, is working out how Nora left the family's accommodation that night. That's something I've thought about a lot.

At first I considered an abduction to be highly improbable. The problem with an abduction scenario is, in extracting Nora, it's likely her siblings would have been woken too. For a perpetrator, that makes an abduction, in these circumstances, far too risky. Then I was considering how Nora could have been taken, without her siblings being disturbed. The most likely method, as someone has already posted, would have been to drug the children. If they were drugged, it was most likely sometime earlier in the day. Then, in the middle of the night, someone, maybe two people, entered their accommodation, probably using a stolen or copied passkey. They crept upstairs, and with all the children deeply asleep from the effects of a drug, took Nora from her bed. They then walked or carried Nora downstairs and out the front door. Before closing the door, one of the abductors opened the window, as a decoy and diversion. Then Nora was carried to the nearest road, placed in a waiting van or truck, (the noise of a vehicle was heard on the night) and driven away. That's why no trace of Nora was ever found in the vicinity, and there were no sightings of her either.

But why would anyone do all that just to starve her to death then dump the body or leave her to die in the jungle?

I think the state of her feet must have been consistent with wandering the jungle for days and she must have died in the place she was found because if one or both those things weren't the case, surely a criminal investigation would be well underway. I don't discount that she might have ended up where she did because of the actions of another person or persons but it does seem improbable without motive. This whole sad case is improbable and baffling to be honest.

I can't believe she survived a week out there without the numerous search parties finding her or a trace of her. But apparently she did.
Where are her clothes? Why would she go out there at all, given her character as described by those who knew her best, and especially so poorly dressed for the environment. How would someone abduct her from the villa without anyone noticing and leaving no trace, and moreover, why?

I don't blame the family at all for their current line of thinking, nothing about this makes sense. Thinking of them at this difficult time of year for families grieving.

I wonder if it’s possible she was so stressed that she stopped eating on her own. I had stress issues as a teen and couldn’t eat, just the thought of food made me sick to my stomach. Had to go to the Dr. and he prescribed medication.
Just a thought.

Interesting. It implies that security lapses contributed to the tragedy due to a third party if I'm reading this correctly. Latch on window and no cctv for instance.

The couple, Meabh and Sebastian Quoirin, claim the entrance gate to their jungle cottage was left open at all times, no guards were stationed outside and there was no CCTV installed at the premises. They also say the latch of a window was broken and it could be easily opened by anyone from outside.The teen’s parents argue that her disappearance and death were “caused directly by the defendant’s negligence and/or recklessness,” the documents said.

Surely security guards and CCTV were not what they expected from this resort? Surely the appeal of it was the remoteness and tranquility, being off grid etc? I'm also not at all convinced that someone kidnapped Nora via the window. So I'm a bit confused, is this a symbolic suing to try to prompt an inquiry or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member