Mali - Twenty killed in Radisson Blu Hotel attack, Bamako, 20 Nov 2015

"We saw two of the attackers. One was wearing a balaclava. The other was black-skinned. They forced the first barrier," Dembele told Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/us-mali-attacks-idUSKCN0T90SK20151120

In the wake of last week's Paris attacks, an Islamic State militant in Syria told Reuters the organization viewed France's military intervention in Mali as another reason to attack France and French interests.

"This is just the beginning. We also haven't forgotten what happened in Mali," said the non-Syrian fighter, who was contacted online by Reuters.

"The bitterness from Mali, the arrogance of the French, will not be forgotten at all."

France said it was dispatching 50 elite counter-terrorism officers to Bamako imminently.

Good morning all

So all those who have been following this Mali disaster - is this Al Qaeda , as opposed to ISIS?

:thinking:

Not sure, but ou know what just hit me, if its the ISIS gang scary casue they just seem on a steak. If Alquda scary cause it would seem that they are now thinking theh ahd better step up their game, if it some other entity then then it scary casue its like they are saying welll take advantage of the how active it has been so lets keep it rolling .

Kinda like copy cat - but at any rate lets keep the world on the angle of hate etc

But what I found (posted linked earlier) interesting was Mali had has huge issues with France , in tnense for some time ----we can all conclude.................

Goodness gracious

they are allowing people out who are Muslim and can recite the Koran - they are sparing people based on their religion...
........that's just so wrong isn't it!

and there as a big "diplomatic" meeting at the hotel last week...............................

do we know if the three (dead) ones are from West?

and there as a big "diplomatic" meeting at the hotel last week...............................

do we know if the three (dead) ones are from West?

It was said two Mali and one French were dead. The Mali were probably guards.

These ****** terrorists have made up their own religion, and their converts are brainwashed way beyond any death cult before them and there seems to be end no to people lining up to kill and die.

Why???

Cockroaches who kill.

Because it gives them something to live for. Large parts of our world are so empty of hope for all of us, rich, poor, disenfranchised, and the elite. Most of the ME has been bombed back to the stone age, and the bombing/destruction continues. The young are not able to follow a dream and rebuild their society/culture. All that is left for them IMO is something to believe in, and die for - Islam fills that void in them, a hard belief that they can give their lives for.

Conversely, Americans/Europeans have become so fat, dumbed down and brainwashed, we don't have anything to believe in or live for either. Christianity is so milk toast it's useless. There is nothing left for our young to believe in, to strive for. Jobs are very scarce and that puts the American dream out of reach. What is left for our young people? All I see is a void, a nothingness, a place where there is no longer any meaning. Many Americans have lost their will to do anything constructive, and our govt is partially responsible, but that's just how I see it. I would Americans had something left they could believe in as strongly as Islam.

Don't be taking this wrong, I am not advocating Islam, I am merely stating how I see things in today's world. Death, feeling pain, is better than feeling nothing at all. And I believe this is where we are, right here and right now.

Rant over.

Al Qaeda and ISIS have a contest going on now, huh?

Competing terrorist groups......that's all we need.

Thankfully, I heard via the White House the other day that they were contained....so nothing to worry about, right ?

attachment.php

73 officially freed, but more have come out since that number was released, approximately 90 unaccounted for still

Bamako securing city, schools etc..

Three dead

Very bloodied and injured people being brought out.

Done by Jihadist forces according authority on the ground

Apart from Mali, related to the Paris attack: Brother of Abayood taken into custody in Morocco

Witness to Events:
Office near hotel, heard gun shots, police came quickly. Two men wearing masks. They started shouting. At that time their accomplices in the hotel, so we don't know how many there are. Friend came out of the hotel...

http://www.france24.com/en/timeline/global/

At any rate the big good news is people are getting out.
Very bloodied and injured people being brought out
This does not sound like being "relaased " - sounds like be rescued ,or escaped.

But in my mind there a differences
_ escaped good they dont have total cotrol
- injured being out sounds like "rescue"
-out and not injured possibly supports being asked questions (like the university , Chritian or whatever that particlar individual agenda was before choosing to attack or not. IMO

Thankfully, I heard via the White House the other day that they were contained....so nothing to worry about, right ?

Yes and these jihadist are looking more like al qaeda then isis

30m ago
09:45
A small team of US troops have been helping with efforts to rescue hostages, US Africa Command has confirmed.

Six US citizens are among the people who have been recovered from the hotel in Mali, Army Colonel Mark Cheadle told Reuters.

38m ago
09:37
French special forces have now arrived at the hotel, AFP reports, citing the French defence ministry.

A US military spokesman said six US citizens were among those “recovered” in the hotel, according to Reuters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...o-live-updates#block-564f2e4ae4b08be930847d11

Yes and these jihadist are looking more like al qaeda then isis

This should do wonders for air travel over the coming holidays.

Everybody needs to show up at the airport 10 hours before their flight takes off so they can strip down naked and have an MRI and a ct scan before they board their plane.

Police pull out hostages from Radisson hotel in Bamako, Mali
[video=youtube;5zPle0eKwg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zPle0eKwg0[/video]

30m ago
09:45
A small team of US troops have been helping with efforts to rescue hostages, US Africa Command has confirmed.

Six US citizens are among the people who have been recovered from the hotel in Mali, Army Colonel Mark Cheadle told Reuters.

38m ago
09:37
French special forces have now arrived at the hotel, AFP reports, citing the French defence ministry.

A US military spokesman said six US citizens were among those “recovered” in the hotel, according to Reuters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...o-live-updates#block-564f2e4ae4b08be930847d11

First picture here.?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unch-grenade-shooting-rampage-hotel-Mali.html

I gotta say I can't believe anyone would build a hotel there in the first place, they still have dirt roads. They need to catch up. jmo

I'm really wondering what the end game is here.

Are they going to detonate a bomb and blow up everybody in the hotel ?

What is it they're after ? Are they asking for anything ?

"We saw two of the attackers. One was wearing a balaclava. The other was black-skinned. They forced the first barrier," Dembele told Reuters.

In the wake of last week's Paris attacks, an Islamic State militant in Syria told Reuters the organization viewed France's military intervention in Mali as another reason to attack France and French interests.

"This is just the beginning. We also haven't forgotten what happened in Mali," said the non-Syrian fighter, who was contacted online by Reuters.

"The bitterness from Mali, the arrogance of the French, will not be forgotten at all."

France said it was dispatching 50 elite counter-terrorism officers to Bamako imminently.

This sounds bizairre - but in attempting to understand what the heck is going on overthere, its very schizophrenic--one speaks one language, one heard speaking English , one wearing jeans, another more militant garb.

The notion that tey were tested (understand a muslem thing) then released, the composition of those released (unless that goes back to escaped or rescued) bt it IS very just weird IMO

Yes indeed Steelman. We were also told that Al Qaeda was all but "crushed", and that those JV Islamist terrorists ISIS are on the run. That we are lied to so often about something so important is absolutely unforgiveable.

THIS lying (or incompetence, or both maybe) is why there is fear in this country, it is the direct result of a government that is arrogantly dishonest with it's people not the terrorists themselves.

Hi Miss Ellie!

We must stop meeting like this!!

No matter wo what why here is --(we are all aware of copy cat dynamic) I think this is just gonna speread everything out, in terms of where and how , ant technique, and up body cats, and what can get the most airtime and on and on .

It does seem tho (possiblyu good keep death count lower? BY that I mean there not doing the Paris just aim and fire as fast as possible., while at the same time they seem dedicated to whatever there deal is as it relates to duration of event

but just reported it seems death count is rising per CNN seeing bodies being removed.............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back