Man arrested for brutal murder of his wife, Anggy Diaz, 21

Just... why??

Texas newlywed Jared Dicus allegedly confesses to decapitating 21-year-old wife Anggy Diaz | Daily Mail Online
The law enforcement officials said there have been prior incidents involving the couple.

'There have been prior calls, disturbance-wise, but nothing to this effect, to this level of violence,' Guidry told reporters Thursday.

The woman is believed to be dead since around 11pm the night before her body was found after Dicus' family members called law enforcement to their home in the 200 block of Oak Hollow Boulevard.

The call came in around 4.45pm.

The couple live in a cottage behind his parents' house outside of Houston.

Newlywed wife decapitated by husband in 'gruesome' killing: Texas sheriff (nypost.com)

The sheriff said Diaz was killed with a kitchen knife.
Diaz’s head appeared to have been cut off and her headless body was left inside the house.

Dicus remained at the home until deputies arrived. He and the family were taken in for questioning and he later confessed to the killing, according to detectives.
This remains an ongoing investigation.

Diaz's friends told KHOU 11 she was from Nicaragua and was working two jobs to try and pay for her mother's cancer treatment back home.

Her coworkers described her as a young woman full of joy and said she was always smiling.
Diaz and Dicus had just gotten married in October 2022 after they met at her job.
Her friends said they could tell something wasn't right after the wedding, but never expected it to end in this way.
1673576689689.png
RIP sweet Anggy.
this should've been the best part of her life, I feel so devastated for her and her family. wow.
man... idk... this one is real bad. may not even be able to follow this one.
you love & trust a man, and you marry him, and he cuts your head off 4 months later. seriously? i can't even handle this world. idc what anyone says, there has to have been loud flashing warning signs before he did this, and i suspect we will find out more regarding the other disturbances at their household. soul crushing.

Just... why??

Texas newlywed Jared Dicus allegedly confesses to decapitating 21-year-old wife Anggy Diaz | Daily Mail Online
The law enforcement officials said there have been prior incidents involving the couple.

'There have been prior calls, disturbance-wise, but nothing to this effect, to this level of violence,' Guidry told reporters Thursday.

The woman is believed to be dead since around 11pm the night before her body was found after Dicus' family members called law enforcement to their home in the 200 block of Oak Hollow Boulevard.

The call came in around 4.45pm.

The couple live in a cottage behind his parents' house outside of Houston.

Newlywed wife decapitated by husband in 'gruesome' killing: Texas sheriff (nypost.com)

The sheriff said Diaz was killed with a kitchen knife.
Diaz’s head appeared to have been cut off and her headless body was left inside the house.

Dicus remained at the home until deputies arrived. He and the family were taken in for questioning and he later confessed to the killing, according to detectives.
This remains an ongoing investigation.

Diaz's friends told KHOU 11 she was from Nicaragua and was working two jobs to try and pay for her mother's cancer treatment back home.

Her coworkers described her as a young woman full of joy and said she was always smiling.
Diaz and Dicus had just gotten married in October 2022 after they met at her job.
Her friends said they could tell something wasn't right after the wedding, but never expected it to end in this way.
View attachment 395010
RIP sweet Anggy.
this should've been the best part of her life, I feel so devastated for her and her family. wow.
man... idk... this one is real bad. may not even be able to follow this one.
you love & trust a man, and you marry him, and he cuts your head off 4 months later. seriously? i can't even handle this world. idc what anyone says, there has to have been loud flashing warning signs before he did this, and i suspect we will find out more regarding the other disturbances at their household. soul crushing.
I know. It’s sooo horrific. Was he hearing voices maybe?! Unbelievable!!

‘Gruesome scene’: Husband charged after confessing to killing 21-year-old wife who was found decapitated inside home, sheriff says (click2houston.com)
Investigators said they believe Jared used a kitchen knife to partially dismember Diaz’s body and described the scene as being very “gruesome.”

The sheriff’s office said although they are still in the beginning stages of the investigation, Jared did confess to the crime but a motive has still not been determined.

KPRC 2 spoke with co-workers of Diaz at Chepes Meat Market and Taqueria.

“She was a wonderful person, intelligent ad hard-working,” said manager Ruth Armendariz.

Customers were equally saddened by word of Diaz’s death.

“No matter what time you walked in or what time it was or how you felt or whatever, her smile just lit up the room. It was incredible,” said neighbor Mark Kulisek.

Armendariz also said Diaz did express concerns about her marriage to Dicus.

“She was not happy,” Armendariz said. “She said he was a different person before the marriage and a different person after. He became very jealous.”

‘Gruesome scene’: Husband charged after confessing to killing 21-year-old wife who was found decapitated inside home, sheriff says (click2houston.com)
Investigators said they believe Jared used a kitchen knife to partially dismember Diaz’s body and described the scene as being very “gruesome.”

The sheriff’s office said although they are still in the beginning stages of the investigation, Jared did confess to the crime but a motive has still not been determined.

KPRC 2 spoke with co-workers of Diaz at Chepes Meat Market and Taqueria.

“She was a wonderful person, intelligent ad hard-working,” said manager Ruth Armendariz.

Customers were equally saddened by word of Diaz’s death.

“No matter what time you walked in or what time it was or how you felt or whatever, her smile just lit up the room. It was incredible,” said neighbor Mark Kulisek.

Armendariz also said Diaz did express concerns about her marriage to Dicus.

“She was not happy,” Armendariz said. “She said he was a different person before the marriage and a different person after. He became very jealous.”
So, so sad.

This story is literally making me sick. How effed in the head do you have to be to DECAPITATE your wife, much less your loving devoted wife who works 2 jobs for send $ back to her mom for CANCER TREATMENTS in her native country! I mean, honestly! I'm so sad for Anggy. It sounds like she was a wonderful person, beautiful on the inside and outside and so hard-working and devoted. I'm furious for her, actually, and for her family. Can you even imagine enduring cancer and your beloved daughter's head is chopped off? There are no words...

Such a horrible, disgusting situation!

The only thing I am thankful for is that his parents called it in. They didn't cover their son's crime up.
Sadly as we well know by all of the cases we have followed, this is not as often the case as one would like to believe. Glad they did the right thing, although it was far too late.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back