Man Grows Bark Like a Tree

That picture grossed me out!! and with 4 children (3 of them boys) that is a HUGE task!!

Who on earth lets their skin get that bad????

It's really not as though he lives in a western country with access to treatment. i honestly don't believe it was his fault. :(

It's really not as though he lives in a western country with access to treatment. i honestly don't believe it was his fault. :(

No, and even with treatment they're saying it might grow back. With everything that is growing on the outside, isn't it weird to think about that it's not growing on the inside... it would have choked out all his organs by now if it were.

Which may or may not work, if it covers his strain of HPV and even then, it's not 100%.

The HPV vaccine is for the strain that causes cervical cancer, which rarely actually causes warts. The HPV that he has is on his skin so therefore only causing warts probably on hands, feet and face. There are very many strains of HPV and most people carry HPV sometime in their life.

The HPV vaccine is for the strain that causes cervical cancer, which rarely actually causes warts. The HPV that he has is on his skin so therefore only causing warts probably on hands, feet and face. There are very many strains of HPV and most people carry HPV sometime in their life.

My daughter refused the HPV vaccine because she insists she doesn't need it since she is not sexually active. I assume once I show her this man, she will consent to the vaccine.

My daughter refused the HPV vaccine because she insists she doesn't need it since she is not sexually active. I assume once I show her this man, she will consent to the vaccine.

The HPV vaccine might not protect against this strain. Like another poster mentioned, it's mostly aimed to cover the ones that can cause cancer. There are, at least, a hundred strains of HPV...low risk ones can cause warts (genital and otherwise) and the high risk ones can cause cancer (cervical and possibly others..anus, throat, etc).

Wow - that's crafty, Glitch. I never thought of using it as a parenting aid...!

Have to credit my Mom on the parenting aid where you can find it, thing. She was deeply involved in special education as a college professor and would show me medical books depicting the most severe disabilities of people and say "This is what happens when you use drugs."

I never used drugs. Even when I found out they were birth defects caused by multiple other reasons.

It might not be completely honest, but it worked. I also have a great deal of respect for people with disabilities.

Have to credit my Mom on the parenting aid where you can find it, thing. She was deeply involved in special education as a college professor and would show me medical books depicting the most severe disabilities of people and say "This is what happens when you use drugs."

I never used drugs. Even when I found out they were birth defects caused by multiple other reasons.

It might not be completely honest, but it worked. I also have a great deal of respect for people with disabilities.

Putting this in my aresenal for sure!!!

That picture grossed me out!! and with 4 children (3 of them boys) that is a HUGE task!!

Who on earth lets their skin get that bad????

That was my thought a well. My husband had a little wart on his hand and I had a fit until he went to the doctor with it. I would think that it would have taken years for it to get as bad as he had it. You cant say well he does not live in America. So he cant go see a doctor as easy as we can here. He found a freak show I show he could have found a doctor.

That was my thought a well. My husband had a little wart on his hand and I had a fit until he went to the doctor with it. I would think that it would have taken years for it to get as bad as he had it. You cant say well he does not live in America. So he cant go see a doctor as easy as we can here. He found a freak show I show he could have found a doctor.
What does working for money in a freak show have to do with finding and being able to pay for a doctor to cure him?

He had/has HPV which is contagious and it's curious that no one else living in close quarters with him contracted it.
If he does find someone to marry him I hope they get the vaccine if he is still harboring the virus.

Not all cases of HPV turn into warts. Not all warts are HPV.

They didn't say that he has HPV specifically; they said he has a rare immunodeficiency where his body cannot control the warts.

It's true that not all HPV cause warts, but all warts are HPV...from what I have read. I think what is going on is his immune system is unable to fight the HPV.

It's true that not all HPV cause warts, but all warts are HPV...from what I have read. I think what is going on is his immune system is unable to fight the HPV.

Exactly, even if he went to a doctor there were too many warts for them to remove. They may have tried medicines that did not work. Some people have to have warts surgically removed if meds do not work. He has a immunodeficiency, which means he has an immune system similar to an AIDS patient. He cannot fight off the virus so it spread like mad. It is amazing he is still alive and has not died from something his body could not fight off.

Oh! My heart is breaking for this poor man - he looks so uncomfortable!

I'm happy that he was able to get some treatment and now has some use of his limbs (oh gosh, after writing that it sounds like I'm talking about tree limbs).

What an interesting story.

Does anyone know if there will be future surgeries to remove more of the warts? I hope so.

Someone needs to tell those warts they are barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back