PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Man lifts car off trapped cyclist

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Gina_M, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060731/od_nm/car_dc;_ylt=AnH2g_TirLjzkm2FHyeTKVDtiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-

A hefty bystander at a road accident in southern Arizona heaved a car clean off a trapped teenage cyclist, possibly saving his life, police said on Friday.

Eighteen-year-old Kyle Holtrust was struck by a car as he pedaled along a Tucson highway late on Wednesday and pinned beneath it, city police said.

Tucson paintshop worker Tom Boyle grabbed the Chevrolet Camaro car and lifted it, allowing the driver to haul the injured cyclist clear.

"He lifted that side of the car completely off the ground," police spokesman Frank Amado told Reuters by telephone.

Amado said Holtrust was being treated in hospital, and was expected to make a full recovery.

Local media said Boyle is 6 feet four inches tall and weighs 300 pounds (136 kg).

"It was outstanding," Amado said. "It is quite unusual to have that strength."

2. Anita Richman

Anita Richman New Member

Thanks, Gina, for posting this great story! The man held the teenager and stroked his head until the ambulence arrived. He said his "fatherly instinct" kicked in when he saw the accident and hoped someone would do the same for his children. What a hero!

3. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

He really is a hero!

4. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

oh that brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for such an uplifting story!

5. Paladin

Paladin Former Member

I love stories like these that showcase how people can sometimes summon superhuman strength for the good of their fellow man. Bravo!

6. TheShadow

TheShadow New Member

One fellow who works for the same company I do has actually saved people like this twice. Once by lifting a car off a child and another time I think someone was pinned or something. He said he didn't know where he found the strength and he could not lift that weight under normal circumstances. He's superhuman!

7. richandfamous

richandfamous New Member

[​IMG]

Here's the hero himself. Tom Boyle

8. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

Well done!!!! :woohoo: