Man suing N Charleston police, Slager for Taser incident urges others to speak out

Given all the incidents of African-Americans beaten, tased or murdered by LE, maybe the "suspect" (as you like to call him) was frozen with fear. I suspect I would be, were I black, based on how some of my black friends have been treated at routine stops.

Regardless, failure to obey an officer's instructions should not be a capital offense.

Obeying an officers instructions these days can be a death sentence - lose, lose for the person involved and taxpayers that have to pick up the tab. Jmo.

So, once a felon, always a felon, there's no chance to turn their life around ever?
correct, once you're a felon you're always a felon, barring getting your conviction overturned or your record expunged thru some first offender status deal. turning your life around, as a felon? have at it

Given all the incidents of African-Americans beaten, tased or murdered by LE, maybe the "suspect" (as you like to call him) was frozen with fear. I suspect I would be, were I black, based on how some of my black friends have been treated at routine stops.

Regardless, failure to obey an officer's instructions should not be a capital offense.
I dont know any blacks who are frozen with fear at routine stops. theres got to be more to your black friends stories. how many were tazed or murdered?

I dont know any blacks who are frozen with fear at routine stops.
I imagine this guy is, after his experience.

3202d77f.gif

Video shows Groubert pulling up to Levar Jones, who had just parked at a gas station (the stop was ostensibly over a seat belt violation).

Groubert instructed Jones to get his license, but when Jones reached into the car to retrieve it Groubert began shooting. Groubert continued firing even after Jones, who was unarmed, had backed away from the car with his hands raised.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

I dont know any blacks who are frozen with fear at routine stops. theres got to be more to your black friends stories. how many were tazed or murdered?

I would imagine the murdered ones are no longer afraid.

correct, once you're a felon you're always a felon, barring getting your conviction overturned or your record expunged thru some first offender status deal. turning your life around, as a felon? have at it

How can a felon turn their life around if the solution is to never let them out?

3202d77f.gif

Video shows Groubert pulling up to Levar Jones, who had just parked at a gas station (the stop was ostensibly over a seat belt violation).

Groubert instructed Jones to get his license, but when Jones reached into the car to retrieve it Groubert began shooting. Groubert continued firing even after Jones, who was unarmed, had backed away from the car with his hands raised.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link
dont know im

How can a felon turn their life around if the solution is to never let them out?
not letting em out was the solution to:
For anyone disliking a felon suing LE, the solution to prevent such costly and unnecessary cases in the future looks relatively simple to me. Jmo.

technically a felon could turn their life around in prison, never let out, but who cares. I dont work there

3202d77f.gif

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

I had never heard of this :( Thanks for sharing.

That officer was way too jumpy :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back