Marcia Clark: Huckaby's Crazy Defense

You know, this whole thing about her being a "Sunday school teacher", which we're constantly hearing her identified as, raises several questions right off the bat: If that church really had a tiny congregation of at most 15 people, just what kind of an active enrollment did they have in Sunday school? How many children were enrolled there and how often did she teach a class there?

You've got 15 people total who belong to the church, and you're going to get a good-sized class of youngsters out of that? How is that possible? Or were there children who didn't necessarily belong to the church who took classes?

So...how many kids in the class, how often did they attend, and how often did MH actually teach a class there? Have we actually heard from any of the parents of these children? I don't recall any mention in the news about this.

I think it's a bit odd that we haven't read much at all about that church, or heard from any parishioners. There are conflicting reports, so I won't make any hard conclusions yet, but at least one of the reports had it that the church hasn't held any services since 2007. I am trying to track down the source of that report, which I personally read. I just can't recall where it came from...

I'm kind of bothered about the whole recent history of the church, among other oddities in this case.
I recall reading somewhere that it wasn't that church she taught at, it was a different one.

I think MH looks totally mentally disordered. She looks like a nut. The body language, facial expressions, the fact that she basically begged LE to look at her and suspect her. But legally insane? He!! no!
I didn't read Clark's article yet but I learned enough from law school to know it is VERY hard to mount a defense of not guilty by reason of insanity. She would either have to be so out of it that she did not know that what she was doing was wrong OR, so out of it that she did not even know what she was doing. The example we learned for the latter would be someone choking someone actually thinks they are squeezing a lemon. The fact is, being emotionally disturbed or mentally ill does not relieve a person of their responsibility to refrain from committing an atrocity like this. It is not an excuse. It may provide a partial reason for why the person felt a desire to do whaty they did but it does not prevent them from being able to stop themselves.
She knew very well what she was doing and she knew it was wrong. Otherwise, she would not have done it in secret, she would not have tried to cover it up, she would not have lied about it. We know and Mellissa Huckaby knew. Now she needs to pay for that. Period.
Yes, and she tried to kill herself, so she was aware what she did was wrong. Case closed.

I have a hard time with the credibility of any author who can't do the most basic fact/spell checking. I stopped reading when I got to the sentence about "Kaylee" and her mother who is awaiting trial.

Ever heard of google, Marcia? Who proofs this stuff?

She may be absolutely correct, but mistakes like that make it appear as if she just dashed off this memo on her Blackberry.

What really bothers me about the crazy defense is the entire (supposedly) family say they are just "shocked" by this. So lets check out the family then if they think that she is so darn normal. Come on.

Plus from what I am hearing she came to take care of her grandparents, they seemed to handle life just fine , they don't really seem to need her help .
I think she was trouble and she was hoping to start new somewhere else. (It is not meant to say IN trouble but just plain trouble)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back