Marcia Clark Investigates: The First 48

Thank you. I missed that bit. Unfortunately I can't watch it. Hopeful it will be available in another way soon.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Schmattz - Baez's team uncovered the deleted data on the "fool proof suffocation" search in the Anthony PC by using the (I think) 13.7 version of Firefox or Mozilla and it revealed that the search was made at 1:51 pm - a time at which both GA and CA were in the house - because of a glitch in the program which effected the time stamp. When run with the 14.5 version (which eliminated that glitch) the true time of the search was revealed to be 2:51pm, at which time GA would have been en route to work for his 3pm shift, leaving only CA as the one to make that search.

The DA admitted that it's tech team only used one of the programs (Firefox or Mozilla) and the one they didn't use is the one that recovered the deleted data. The 1:51pm search information came from Baez's team in pre-trial, but I suppose since they couldn't prove that CA made the 1:51pm search, they didn't consider it of importance OR they didn't have it before the pre-trial, it wasn't introduced by Baez and the DA couldn't get use it as evidence. Maybe they didn't have time/program? I just don't know how this slipped away. Also mentioned was that the terms "full proof suffocation" were not among the search terms given by investigators to the tech people.

GA, by all accounts, was desperate to find out what happened to Caylee and even resorted to some physical violence against CA. Cindy wanted to not pressure CA, not talk about it and just let her eventually tell what happened. It was obvious to everyone who saw or talked to GA that he was not in any way involved in the death and disposal or CA as suggested by Baez. Cheney continues to pretend that he doesn't know how the child died or who dumped her body.

The argument that the body could not have been there from the beginning because people passing by would have spotted it was shot down by a re-enactment of depositing a similar size object in a black plastic bag, exactly 17'4" from the curb in the brush. If you recall, this is the distance from the curb to where the skull and plastic bag with bones still in it were found, as measured by crime scene techs. Even with the brush still not grown up over the site, it was impossible to see the bag from the street.

It just drove home the point that CA murdered Caylee because Caylee interfered with her desired life style. The car decomp tell us that she drove around with the body for a few days before finally tossing it into the swampy area at the corner of her street. While she was shopping for movies with Tony, the baby was in the trunk, dead.

It is all so sick. How is she a free person?

I haven't watched it yet because I've been boycotting anything to do with her.

When I first heard the advertisement for the show, and they were going on about "new evidence that showed someone did searches on the home computer and then tried to delete them", I felt all defensive right away, wondering if the show was going to take credit for figuring out the correct timestamps, because I know it was JWG and AZLawyer who did. So happy to hear that you all got the credit you deserve! I may have to reconsider watching this now. I just hope my blood pressure doesn't skyrocket when I have to listen to Baez and Mason making excuses for her, or any of the jurors spouting off about not having enough proof. I have very little tolerance for stupidity.

Schmattz - Baez's team uncovered the deleted data on the "fool proof suffocation" search in the Anthony PC by using the (I think) 13.7 version of Firefox or Mozilla and it revealed that the search was made at 1:51 pm - a time at which both GA and CA were in the house - because of a glitch in the program which effected the time stamp. When run with the 14.5 version (which eliminated that glitch) the true time of the search was revealed to be 2:51pm, at which time GA would have been en route to work for his 3pm shift, leaving only CA as the one to make that search.

The DA admitted that it's tech team only used one of the programs (Firefox or Mozilla) and the one they didn't use is the one that recovered the deleted data. The 1:51pm search information came from Baez's team in pre-trial, but I suppose since they couldn't prove that CA made the 1:51pm search, they didn't consider it of importance OR they didn't have it before the pre-trial, it wasn't introduced by Baez and the DA couldn't get use it as evidence. Maybe they didn't have time/program? I just don't know how this slipped away. Also mentioned was that the terms "full proof suffocation" were not among the search terms given by investigators to the tech people.

GA, by all accounts, was desperate to find out what happened to Caylee and even resorted to some physical violence against CA. Cindy wanted to not pressure CA, not talk about it and just let her eventually tell what happened. It was obvious to everyone who saw or talked to GA that he was not in any way involved in the death and disposal or CA as suggested by Baez. Cheney continues to pretend that he doesn't know how the child died or who dumped her body.

The argument that the body could not have been there from the beginning because people passing by would have spotted it was shot down by a re-enactment of depositing a similar size object in a black plastic bag, exactly 17'4" from the curb in the brush. If you recall, this is the distance from the curb to where the skull and plastic bag with bones still in it were found, as measured by crime scene techs. Even with the brush still not grown up over the site, it was impossible to see the bag from the street.

It just drove home the point that CA murdered Caylee because Caylee interfered with her desired life style. The car decomp tell us that she drove around with the body for a few days before finally tossing it into the swampy area at the corner of her street. While she was shopping for movies with Tony, the baby was in the trunk, dead.

It is all so sick. How is she a free person?

Wow. Thank you so much for doing this for me! Very kind and helpful and much appreciated.
This case still baffles me. Well... not what happened, but how this woman is walking about freely.
Didn't a single mom of 4 recently get jail time for leaving her kids at a food court, while going for a 30 minute job interview? I mean...

This is being shown today on A&E at 1pm CST.

Thanks everyone for the news about the show. I havent had a chance to watch it yet but plan to.

JMO
I think I shared this in another thread about the CA trial. The biggest issue I had with the prosecution was they spent way too many days and days and days going over lab analysis and making it way too complex.

I felt they lost some of the jury when they made it harder than it needed to be. I feel it could have been simplified and was so obvious that CA was the guilty person. The trunk, the chloroform, the location of the body which was known to be her childhood haunt, the lying when she claimed she had a job and taking the joyride with LE, etc. etc.

I just felt they made it way harder than it needed to be and when it became days and days of talking about test results it came across like they were trying to fool someone rather than just getting to the point of what it was they were trying to show. I know they lost me at that point but I still knew she was guilty.

The jury was foolish and could not see the forest because of all the trees that were planted by both the defense and the prosecution. Way too many trees planted in this trial. It was a simple case when you just look at the nuts and bolts of it.

Oh well Just my two cents on it.

Im looking forward to watching the show with Marcia and our WS people. Congrats on figuring out about the time stamp.

I use Firefox and they are always haunting me to download a new version so it sounds exactly right to me. :)

I hope like heck the Feds decide to charge her.

She is one SICK and Twisted woman.

She also has a facebook page. I totally believe it is her too.

I believe it too and I haven't even seen it... Do I dare look? :scared:

I want to find that Facebook page but the only one I thought looked maybe legit says her name is pronounced, "mommy dearest," so I can't imagine that's her? Any help?

I watched this again because it came on tv this afternoon and want to clear up some errors I made.

The 1:51pm time for the 'fool proof suffocation' search came from Baez's book. The information was not available for trial.

The programs were Internet Explorer and another that I can't remember already - it is all gibberish to me. Firefox was used to locate the deleted searches - I think.

The old program with the date stamp issue - I have the numbers all messed up. These are not things that I can remember because they are meaningless to me.

Mea culpa to anyone who went sleuthing based on my report on the show.

I watched this again because it came on tv this afternoon and want to clear up some errors I made.

The 1:51pm time for the 'fool proof suffocation' search came from Baez's book. The information was not available for trial.

The programs were Internet Explorer and another that I can't remember already - it is all gibberish to me. Firefox was used to locate the deleted searches - I think.

The old program with the date stamp issue - I have the numbers all messed up. These are not things that I can remember because they are meaningless to me.

Mea culpa to anyone who went sleuthing based on my report on the show.

This is all based on memory but I think is correct:

Casey's parents used Internet Explorer as their web browser. Casey used Firefox. Someone deleted the Firefox history on the family desktop more than once, and the last time was just before Casey's arrest. The Sheriff's Office knew Casey had deleted her Firefox history, because the prosecutors asked them to do some word searches, including "chloroform," and they found a chunk of the history in deleted space at that time. They didn't find the most recent chunk (from right before the arrest) because it didn't contain any of the words the prosecutors asked them to search. But they knew it existed and could have found it SUPER easily by searching words that would appear in ANY Casey-related internet history, like "google," "facebook," "myspace," "photobucket," etc etc etc.

This is what Baez's expert did when he was given a mirror copy of the entire hard drive for examination, and he found the Firefox "fool-proof suffication" [sic] search. But the defense (for obvious reasons) didn't want to use this evidence, and was not obligated to tell the prosecution that they had found it.

Near the beginning of the trial, the prosecutors told the judge that they might want to introduce into evidence the "internet history" from the day Caylee disappeared. If you watch the video you can see the defense is in a panic. They thought the prosecution had finally found the "fool-proof suffication" search. Baez objected that this was new information that hadn't been properly disclosed. The judge pointed out that the defense had the hard drive for ages and had plenty of time to have their expert review it. We all rolled our eyes at Baez's stupidity in not at least looking at the internet history for the most important day...but in reality it was the prosecution that hadn't looked. At the time of that hearing, the prosecution had only just asked the sheriff's office to print up the internet history for that day, and hadn't even seen the results. They got the results, and it was all boring stuff from George on Internet Explorer--the undeleted stuff--so they told the defense (Cheney) they weren't going to use it after all. The sheriff's office didn't think of checking for the deleted Firefox history at that time (even though, again, they knew it was there, knew it was the browser Casey used, and knew it was deleted before Casey's arrest).

The defense was confused by this because they STILL assumed (quite reasonably) that the prosecution had actually checked the deleted Firefox history. So they came up with this explanation that the prosecution must have decided not to use the "fool-proof suffication" search because the time stamp was 1:51 pm, while George was still home, and George had said that Casey and Caylee left the house that day around 12:50 or something like that. So they thought the prosecution didn't want to make it look like George did the search. But in reality the prosecution didn't know about it.

Baez put all this about the 1:51 pm time stamp and the prosecution's supposed strategy in his book (AFTER the not-guilty verdict), which is the first the prosecution heard of the "fool-proof suffication" search. The prosecution asked the sheriff's office if the search was real, and the sheriff's office searched for those words and found the whole last chunk of Casey's deleted Firefox history, which I got through a public records request.

The program used by Baez's expert to time-stamp the search had a glitch that failed to correct for Daylight Savings Time. The program wasn't fixed until after the trial. The corrected program has the correct time stamp of 2:51 pm. The wrong time stamp is out of sync with other evidence of internet and phone activity; the correct time stamp makes perfect sense with the other evidence.

Hi AZlawyer! I believe Casey encouraged the 9th of June as the date Caylee was last seen because she hasn't yet deleted the 16th browser history. She bought a little more time by throwing them off. Remember how she asked her Mom for one more day...

Hi AZlawyer! I believe Casey encouraged the 9th of June as the date Caylee was last seen because she hasn't yet deleted the 16th browser history. She bought a little more time by throwing them off. Remember how she asked her Mom for one more day...

I remember coming to the tentative conclusion that George was recalling June 9 instead of June 16 when he talked about them leaving while he watched his favorite show.

I'm not sure she would have thought a "fool-proof suffication" search would go unnoticed even if it was done a week after Caylee supposedly disappeared. I think she just knew there was stuff on there that she needed to delete ASAP.

Smashing job, AZlawyer!
:loveyou::happydance::loveyou::happydance:

I don't believe it's her.I think it's a male.

Is this thread only for the Casey Anthony investigation? I've watched that episode and am presently watching the episode of the Drew Peterson case concerning the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

Can someone tell me if this thread covers all investigations of Marcia Clark Investigates The First 48?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back