Maria Osmond Hospitalized

I think I agree, too. Marie has gone on national TV far too many times re depression, sexual abuse, post-partem depression, etc. to start being coy at this point. The only thing that might change my mind is if she has some big TV deal in the works... and then I think the idea that she is unstable at this point might make TV-land honchos a bit nervous... so she might lie then.

Floh said:
And some years back she had questionable plastic surgery.

that would depress me, for sure.

When I saw the "after "photos of her face i couldn't believe it. It didn't even look like her! And I always thought she was so pretty. She didn't "need" plastic surgery at all.

I hope she will be okay.

JBean said:
I'm with you on this Anngelique.
For once you and I finally agree on something..heehheehheehhee:D

I agree with most of your parenting ideas. So we don't disagree as often as you think :razz: :D

Anngelique said:
I agree with most of your parenting ideas. So it's not quite as bad as you think. :razz: :D
heehee just teasing you, I agree with most things you say, except when you are wrong.:angel:

JBean said:
heehee just teasing you, I agree with most things you say, Unless you are wrong.:angel:

But I'm never wrong, just ask my hubby. He's say, Yes, Ma'am! :D :blushing:

Jeana (DP) said:
If she was taking some sort of medication that isn't a sleeping medication or a narcotic, why not tell the world what to be careful of? What kind of "medication" not taken to excess would lead one to blackout? If it was just a run of the mill medication, like say, high blood pressure medication, why not just say what it was? I think they're hiding something.

My mom took one dose of Ultram, a popular medication to treat pain, and had some sort of blackout. She remembers standing on a little ladder to dust the picture hanging over the mantle, and "came to" sitting at her computer THREE HOURS LATER. This is apparently a not-unheard of reaction to Ultram, and if my mom had fallen off the ladder, she might have been seriously injured.

It may be that Marie does not want to reveal what medication she was taking because it will open up her personal health to endless discussion by unkind media.

kgeaux said:
My mom took one dose of Ultram, a popular medication to treat pain, and had some sort of blackout. She remembers standing on a little ladder to dust the picture hanging over the mantle, and "came to" sitting at her computer THREE HOURS LATER. This is apparently a not-unheard of reaction to Ultram, and if my mom had fallen off the ladder, she might have been seriously injured.

It may be that Marie does not want to reveal what medication she was taking because it will open up her personal health to endless discussion by unkind media.

Well that may or may not be better than what they're saying now. I just think if you add all the secrecy, you fan those flames. Of course, I haven't had to live my life with the paparazzi in my front yard, so my opinion may not have much merit! :)

Anngelique said:
She doesn't drink alcohol, never has. But she could have tried to overdose as she tried that once before. But she was very open about it. I would imagine she would be open about it again and not try to hide because she wants people to be aware of depression. I'm betting that it truly was an interaction to something. Who knows.

I don't know that much about her at all; my alcohol use/drug thing was purely hypothetical.

I sympathise with her with all the problems she's had; don't know that much about her though.

If you're feeling poorly, sick or just haven't eaten, sometimes just about anything will cause you to pass out - once long ago I took alot of antihistimines when I was sick with a "bug", got up one morning and fainted.

My husband called an ambulance; ER experience; big deal over nothing much, but 2 days in the hospital signifies more to me that's all.

How did her children burn the house down? I want to know more about this story.

It was just one of the kids... the 9 year old boy. He did something that caused something to burn and then instead of doing anything about it, he decided to go watch cartoons. The father was asleep, and thought the boys were, too. Marie and the girls were gone. Weird.

was it one of the adopted kids? think she has 4 natural kids and 3 adopted--hope Marie Osmond is ok--she is stil really attractive,saw her on Larry King some time ago--although she did act a little strange at times on larry's show--and a few years ago,she abandoned all her kids briefly when she had that severe post-partum depression--but I hope everything works out for her--she is someone that is hard to dislike

JBean said:
I'm with you on this Anngelique.
For once you and I finally agree on something..heehheehheehhee:D

I wonder if she was on some new medication and that was why she was acting strange when some of you saw her on TV. Maybe she had taken it for a certain length of time and it finally really reacted. I have a friend who thankfully was in the hospital when she was given Valium and boy did she ever have a reaction to it. Our other friend said that she wasn't making any sense and acted like she had completely lost it. They had to give her a shot of something to counter the valium. I guess it was pretty scary. My friend doesn't remember any of it.

If Marie was open about her suicide attempt before it doesn't seem that she would tell her PR person to lie now. I used to watch Donnie and Marie when they were young but had kind of lost track of them through the years. I did hear Marie talk about her depression after she had written a book about it...I believe. I have a lot of respect for her as she really has been through a lot and she isn't embarrassed to talk about it. I'm surprised that Tiny Tom Cruise didn't attack Marie when she came out and talked about her depression. Maybe he was afraid the Mormans would go after him.

I don't think it is important to name the medication that she reacted to because it could be something that most people wouldn't react to. I'm allergic to Sulfer...I breakout all over and get deathly sick but it probably doesn't bother most people. Many people are allergic to different kinds of medication. It is just that their body chemistry can't handle that particuliar med.

Marie is a long-time sufferer with depression. I believe she also suffered from PPD after the birth of one of her kids. I believe some of her kids are bio and some are adopted. I give her kudos for adopting unwanted kids but I think she has a lot on her plate.

Floh said:
Back in the 70s she was my hero. i'm sure i could still sing
Paper Roses all the way through and pretend i was her.

i understand she had an upset when her daughter posted some internet sex talk on myspace, or someplace?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/100092004.htm

Jeana (DP) said:
If she was taking some sort of medication that isn't a sleeping medication or a narcotic, why not tell the world what to be careful of? What kind of "medication" not taken to excess would lead one to blackout? If it was just a run of the mill medication, like say, high blood pressure medication, why not just say what it was? I think they're hiding something.
If I had such a reaction to medication, I would not feel obligated to warn the public. Of course I'm not famous. But, imo, being famous does not negate MO's right to privacy over personal medical issues.

Perhaps when she is past this crisis, she will indeed, share the details, as she has done in the past regarding her depression.

I have always thought she had a lot of class. I wish her well.

Marthatex said:
Sounds like she might be overwhelmed with problems with her daughters and husbands health problem.

She could have combined alcohol with some drugs, like antidepressants or sleeping pills. I would think though, since she spent two days in the hospital, something pretty serious happened.

These days you can't get into the hospital unless you're dying. Everything else is "outpatient". Of course exceptions are made for celebrities I imagine.
its not celebrity that they make the exception for-its money..I think if u have the money to pay for your stay thats all u need..

newtv said:
its not celebrity that they make the exception for-its money..I think if u have the money to pay for your stay thats all u need..

Either money or great insurance. If you don't have either you are out the door as soon as you can get from the bed into a wheelchair to be rolled to your vehicle or the city bus :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back