Maricopa Jane Doe Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to find any mugshots for them either.
But maybe someone could call and see about getting copies from where they were in jail? Were both of them in Maricopa County jails?

Even though they don't appear to be online for these guys, mugshots are public record. Also it seems like Maricopa County releases mugshots a lot on their own, so we'd probably have a decent chance of them releasing them to us? They have a page on their website specifically set up to tell you how to request police reports, etc. Here is the link

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Request_Report

It should be either the Criminal Records Section or the Departmental Reports Section who would have the mugshots on file. My best guess is Criminal Records but I'm not sure.
I am super:chicken: and also really bad on the phone- does anyone else want to give them a call (assuming they were both incarcerated in MC jails- I get confused since they've been arrested so many times) ??

I will call then again and ask. :)

I mentioned this all along time ago about the purse and whether the LE had ever spoke with Shaine But nobody would listen to me LOL They probably left her purse lying on the side of the road. It makes me wonder if it could still be laying out there with the other rubbish. They should have looked for that right away. It sounds like they had too many people working on this and things got over looked and mixed up

I do not believe they left her purse there. I do think it's possible whatever else was in that purse was taken by the first responders. And, we will NEVER know what was there. We are going to have to press on without that information as it is not listed in evidence. Dang it! Lost forever IMO.

Me too!

I was wondering if it is at all possible to contact the tribal police regarding the case and seeing what information they might have...

My LE contact is a detective with the tribal police (Gila River PD). :rolleyes: They're working with the Pinal County Sheriff's Office.

According to the police report, an AZ DPS Officer was first on the scene,(then Pinal County officers) so that's probably who Shaine talked to.

Still no more on Robin Angers.

My LE contact is a detective with the tribal police (Gila River PD). :rolleyes: They're working with the Pinal County Sheriff's Office.

According to the police report, an AZ DPS Officer was first on the scene,(then Pinal County officers) so that's probably who Shaine talked to.

Still no more on Robin Angers.

Oh dear! :eek:

The non profit I have been working with in Phoenix has lined up 10 people who were assisting street kids in the late 90's who might have knowlege of our girl. They are very interested in obtaining mug shots of Lipsey since their folks would either know him by site or street name....I am sending them a zip file compiled by Angie of images of "Mariposa." If anyone shakes loose a mug shot of Alonzo and KTL, please, please image and send to me???

Hugs!

This is great news, believe09!!! Thank you. I cannot find a pic of Lipsey, but I do sincerely hope these folks have some memory of MJD!!!

It's on her police record If you look up her alias it comes back that she is really Robin White.

Thanks. If it's an AKA - guess they could find her with either name. I feel pretty confident LE can find her - not matter what name she goes by.

She looks pretty tough by the looks of her picture. Who knows where she could be. Why would LE look for her? They already questioned her. Not unless they feel she knows more? Which is possible.

She looks pretty tough by the looks of her picture. Who knows where she could be. Why would LE look for her? They already questioned her. Not unless they feel she knows more? Which is possible.

I haven't seen her mugshot - but the fact that she has one tells me LE can track her - even now. My understanding (and I may be mistaken) is that there is a new detective on MJD's case. I do believe if they feel they need to find Robin, they will be able to. Do you think Robin looks like a leopard who can change her spots?

Hi all,

I was wondering if those who are fantastic at making facial reconstructions could make one of MJD 'made up'...you know like with make up. It might just ring a bell or two...

Keep up the good work!!!

hi, iam new here but this case has really caught my eye. such a pretty girl,to have such a tragic end. just thought i would try and help, here's the best i could do.
picture.php

"You may be able to obtain a copy of Alonzo Fernandez’s picture from Pinal County and a copy of Lipsey from Maricopa County."

"Jane Doe 0042 is featured in the Phoenix New Times this week"
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Cool Thanks Fm here is a link to the story as SOME of the info on our MARIPOSA

Dale Buehner, a long-distance trucker based in Michigan, remembers the moment vividly, even though it happened almost a decade ago.
"My partner was driving, coming out of Phoenix," Buehner tells New Times from the road somewhere in Pennsylvania.
"We were going to stop in Eloy — get a shower and a bite to eat. It's daytime. As we passed this Cadillac, we noticed that there was a man in the front seat, a woman in the passenger seat, and somebody in the back seat. Stuff was going on. It looked like an argument, or something, but I didn't think much of it."
The Caddy then passed Buehner's semi, got about a half-mile ahead of it, and then slowed down.
"When we pass it on the left lane for the second time, I see the driver's got one hand on the wheel and he's looking in the back seat trying to do something with his free hand."
"As we get ahead of them and pull into the right lane, I look into my rear-view mirror, and this girl comes right out of the car. Just bounces off the road!
"My first thought process was that she was pushed out, but thinking about it, she had to roll down the window, and she went out like a diver with her hands outstretched.
"She hit the asphalt and rolled into a clump in the ditch. People behind her stopped right away, but the Cadillac kept going and speeded up. We were trying to block it and call the cops. He was passing us on the right-hand side, and speeded up."
This was before cell phones were commonplace, so Buehner jotted down the license-plate number, got off at the next exit, and dialed 911.
Then they got back into their truck and continued down the road.
"Just before the Eloy exit, we saw that the police had pulled the car over. We stopped, and I went over and asked about the girl.
"All the cop told me was that the girl in the car was extremely nervous. I didn't think [the other] girl we saw rolling into the ditch could have lived. That's the only time I spoke to the cops. Twenty minutes and we were gone."
Buehner asks New Times, "Exactly what is this all about?"
That's a hard one to answer.
Back at milepost 173, another eyewitness had stopped and rendered aid to the young girl, who was unconscious and seriously injured.
She was airlifted to Scottsdale Memorial Hospital, suffering from massive head trauma and several broken bones.
The deputies took the two people in the Cadillac, Alonzo Fernandez and Lindsey DeJong, both in their 20s, to the Casa Grande substation for questioning.
According to a Pinal County sheriff's report, DeJong said she didn't know the girl and that she'd jumped out of the moving vehicle for no apparent reason.
She said that Fernandez had met the girl earlier that day, and that the trio planned to spend a few days in Tucson before driving to Miami.
DeJong told police that the girl had been riding in the middle of the front seat, which differs from what trucker Dale Buehner says he saw. She said the girl suddenly asked to be let out because she feared her boyfriend would beat her up if she went to Florida.
Fernandez told her to wait until the next exit, and he would let her out. The girl said she was going to vomit, so DeJong rolled down the window.

DeJong said the girl then lifted herself over DeJong toward the passenger-side window, stuck her head out, and somehow propelled herself out onto the freeway.

• Jamie Peachey

Subject(s):

Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office, Suzi Dodt, unsolved crimes
Fernandez's story was that he had met the nameless girl outside a liquor store on 24th and Van Buren streets. He said the girl had told him that she, too, was going to Miami and could use a lift.

He also said she had jumped out of the Caddy for no reason, which had confused and frightened him enough that he continued to drive without rendering aid.
Fernandez claimed that he had stopped near Eloy because he saw police behind him "and wanted to find out what was going on."
Not surprisingly, the cops didn't buy it.
(Neither Fernandez, DeJong, nor a Valley woman named Kim Senegal, whom Fernandez later listed in court documents as his girlfriend, could be located for this story.)
On February 4, 1999, a Pinal County grand jury indicted Alonzo Fernandez on charges of manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident, and possession of marijuana.
Lindsey DeJong wasn't charged, and police re-interviewed her the following month at a Motel 6 back on Van Buren.
Her account changed somewhat: She said Fernandez hadn't wanted to let the girl out of the car. The girl started crying when he wouldn't stop, seemed to panic, and leapt to her death.
DeJong again swore that she never knew the girl's name.
Fernandez spent almost four months in the Pinal County Jail before he was sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, a felony.
He told a probation officer that "all three of us were on the freeway smoking marijuana. She started freaking, saying her boyfriend would get mad if she left, and she jumped out of the car. I saw her in the rear-view mirror, and people were stopping to help her. I was scared and kept going. I never knew her name. I'm still haunted by this 'til this day."
In September 1999, a county judge issued a bench warrant after Fernandez failed to report to his probation officer repeatedly.
Authorities still haven't found him.
The dead girl's body ended up at the Medical Examiner's Office, where it became known as 99-305.
Among possible clues to her identity was a small tattoo of a blue heart near her chest.
Another clue was a gold-colored ring with the initials DMA engraved inside of it.
Sometime after an autopsy, authorities released the body for burial.
The advent of Dodt's Unidentified Persons Bureau two years ago brought attention to the unsolved case.
99-305 has become a cause célèbre on sites devoted to unidentified and missing persons. So far, no luck.

http://phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-07-...eturn-the-nameless-dead-to-their-loved-ones/1

Great article from the Phoenix New Times, they have pretty good reporters over there. Will have to check out the site. WOW things may start hopping if they have a new detective working on the case!

I do not believe they left her purse there. I do think it's possible whatever else was in that purse was taken by the first responders. And, we will NEVER know what was there. We are going to have to press on without that information as it is not listed in evidence. Dang it! Lost forever IMO.

Shaine says he was the first one on the scene. I highly doubt that he would have taken her purse, then years later mention it to us. I believe he is a credible witness and honestly do believe what he says regarding MJD. I highly doubt that Shaine would have taken this girl's purse.

Shaine mentioned there was someone else there, a college student with a cell phone, who called the police then left. Then Tribal Police arrived on the scene, followed by the paramedics.

I'm assuming that since Shaine saw that there were condoms in her purse that it must have been open and either on her person or very near the vicinity of her body. Shaine says he was with her, holding her hand.

If the purse was on or near her body, maybe the paramedics lost the purse on the way to the hospital (or stole it)? Maybe someone at the hospital took it after she died? Who knows?

I wonder if any of the other witnesses (the truck drivers) could confirm or deny the appearance of a purse as her body flew out of the car?

I sent the composites to Shaine. I will let you all know what he says. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa