Mark Redwine confused and sent to hospital by Police in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think he is all alone in this world.

When I think of someone being all alone in this world, I think of the people who have no relatives, no siblings, no nieces/nephews, cousins, and no children.

And I think of people with no chance to make friends because they moved around a lot or were incarcerated or hospitalized or institutionalised. And had no steady set of co-workers.

However none of these things fit MR's situation. He had a lot of relatives, whom initially supported him emotionally and publicly. Many spoke out in support of him. He has lived in the same small town for decades, so had plenty of chances to make steady friendships. And has worked for same company for awhile.

So if he is now all alone in the world, it is his own doing. jmo

still :fence: and waiting to take my lead from LE but I find this apparent mental breakdown interesting. Could he be paranoid or could LE still be heavily investigating possible involvement/responsibility for Dylan's death? I am watching to see what comes next.

Drinking and a guilty conscious combining? Could be.

Of course if he is innocent, the attention over the long term from folks accusing him of murder I suppose could also drive one to drink to the point of not thinking clearly and paranoia

Playing Devil's advocate here, he could have had numerous issues that make him difficult to live with, contributing to both the marriage problems, and conflict in dealing with his son. That said, if he's ever had such breakdowns in the past it may explain how/why he lost track of things in keeping an eye on Dylan when Dylan went missing.

If he's capable of psychiatric/substance related blackouts, there's room here for consideration that we don't have the complete story from him.

Also, the weird news "retractions" about "being in custody" could be subtle or oblique methods of pressuring him into talking, by stoking his anxieties.

I'm not saying that's what's happening, but the thought seriously popped into my head, when I heard the retractions, that someone in authority might be playing head games.

IMO as always.

Yes and no, IMO. If you read the article SurfieTX posted, MR says that he had two guns in his truck nearby. "After he was picked up, no weapon was found on Redwine. However, Redwine tells 9Wants to Know he had two guns in his truck nearby." I think he was near his truck and whomever called it in saw the weapons (in my experience, a lot of trucks have a gun rack and people openly carry their shotguns and rifles in the truck on the rack), or he might have even had a weapon out at one point, but put it back in his truck. The fact that MR did not have a weapon on his person at the time LE arrived is a good thing, but that doesn't mean he might not have been waving a gun around. So it is important if a paranoid man, by his own admission-again it is in the article, has access to a loaded weapon (not that I have any idea if the guns were loaded or not, but LE would not take that chance when a person is reported as having a weapon).

SBM

The article that SurfieTX linked is the article that had false information in it about Mark being "taken into custody" by LE. That makes me wonder what else they got wrong.

If Mark was seen waving a gun around and was acting paranoid, I would think that LE would have probable cause to search his vehicle for guns. I would be surprised if they didn't look for a weapon if they felt the report of Mark having a weapon was valid. MOO.

Mark, if he has problems, they will keep him at least for 72 hours. At least. Maybe longer. It will be interesting to know when or if he's released. jmo.

Pressure has to be high for him, especially if drinking is involved. jmo

Dylan Redwine's father released from hospital

Mark Redwine was released from the hospital later on the same day that he was taken. I'm not sure that means he doesn't have any problems, just that they didn't have a reason to hold him for 72 hours. MOO.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/05/03/father-of-dylan-redwine-taken-into-custody/2128630/

If he were publicly intoxicated and create a nuisance, he could have been arrested. However, because of the high profile nature of the case, I assume LE is handling this with kid gloves and preferred to send him for an evaluation?

Guilty or not, (I have a very strong opinion on that), he could very well be on medication that created some bizarre side effects and behavior. More bizarre than his already bizarre behavior, I should say.

Again, what is more concerning, is that he is creeping closer in proximity to his ex-wife's 'hood. I've always believed this has been about her, about revenge, about punishing her.

This guy (in my opinion), is a serious danger to his ex-wife and needs to be carefully, carefully monitored.

MY OPINION ONLY

I totally agree, Roses. His ex and his son need to be very careful.

I too agree with Roses and I hope Elaine is taking every precaution.

I feel so very bad for her having to put up with this man and all he has done to hurt her over the years and then the ultimate betrayal and now this.

Sigh...

SBM

The article that SurfieTX linked is the article that had false information in it about Mark being "taken into custody" by LE. That makes me wonder what else they got wrong.

If Mark was seen waving a gun around and was acting paranoid, I would think that LE would have probable cause to search his vehicle for guns. I would be surprised if they didn't look for a weapon if they felt the report of Mark having a weapon was valid. MOO.
They may have looked for weapons. A lot of Colorado is an open carry state, and having a shotgun openly displayed in a truck is not illegal, but Denver is an exception. However, MR might not have told LE he had guns in his truck, just the news.

BTW, it is my opinion that the words "taken into custody" was an interpretation based on LE putting MR into their vehicle and taking him to the hospital since one of the definitions of custody is "Care, supervision, and control exerted by one in charge". I'm not sure MR would have been allowed to just go his own way until he had been checked out at the hospital and confirmed to be OK. MOO.

custody and arrested/charged are two different things as ghostwheel points out above.

I am very curious to see what happens next.

I have never believed that LE has given up on investigating Dylan's disappearance and death. So perhaps they are quietly surveilling Mark from a distance and have been for a while. Quietly going about their investigation while letting some of the public uproar die down. I would not be surprised if that were the case. SO Mark's drunken ramblings about police following him could be more than just ramblings.

On the other hand, I have seen some very rabid, hateful people attach and insert themselves into the case, going so far as to stalk, follow and harass Mark Redwine in the name of Dylan and then go brag about it on Facebook. So him being completely paranoid would not be outside the realm either at this point.

I feel badly for LE in this case. It has to be hard to investigate and build a case (if indeed there is one to be made) with the general pitchfork carrying public all up in the way while you are trying to work.

They may have looked for weapons. A lot of Colorado is an open carry state, and having a shotgun openly displayed in a truck is not illegal, but Denver is an exception. However, MR might not have told LE he had guns in his truck, just the news.

BTW, it is my opinion that the words "taken into custody" was an interpretation based on LE putting MR into their vehicle and taking him to the hospital since one of the definitions of custody is "Care, supervision, and control exerted by one in charge". I'm not sure MR would have been allowed to just go his own way until he had been checked out at the hospital and confirmed to be OK. MOO.

I think the report of a weapon is a non-issue at this point. Mark wasn't arrested and LE hasn't said they found any weapon tied to him.

I would agree that "taken into custody" could have been assumed by some if LE had put Mark into one of their cars and transported him to the hospital. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance not by LE. That means he wasn't in LE "Care, supervision and control" when taken to the hospital. MOO.

I haven't really been keeping up with things much lately, but my understanding when I first read about this seems to be quite different from everybody else's - what else is new?

I thought he had called the reporter, Melissa(?) because she seemed to be fairly supportive when she interviewed him. I just thought he may have told her he was thinking about just shooting himself, and she called LE and told them what he said and that he does own guns. It wouldn't be the first time that I've totally misinterpreted something though.

I haven't really been keeping up with things much lately, but my understanding when I first read about this seems to be quite different from everybody else's - what else is new?

I thought he had called the reporter, Melissa(?) because she seemed to be fairly supportive when she interviewed him. I just thought he may have told her he was thinking about just shooting himself, and she called LE and told them what he said and that he does own guns. It wouldn't be the first time that I've totally misinterpreted something though.

Interesting theory... :waitasec:

JMO

If someone is seriously considering killing themselves, do they call a tv news reporter first thing? Seems he was not too serious about his threat if that was who he notified. It seems he was more interested in news cameras than anything else.

If someone is seriously considering killing themselves, do they call a tv news reporter first thing? Seems he was not too serious about his threat if that was who he notified. It seems he was more interested in news cameras than anything else.

He definitely didn't get any positive news coverage from this incident. If that was his plan it didn't work.

He seems to have some problems. What exactly they are and what's causing them I'm not sure of. MOO.

I totally agree, Roses. His ex and his son need to be very careful.

I think his behavior is starting to amplify since she's not responding to his psychological goading anymore. I see her, and her family at greater risk now than even before.

MY OPINION ONLY

He definitely didn't get any positive news coverage from this incident. If that was his plan it didn't work.

He seems to have some problems. What exactly they are and what's causing them I'm not sure of. MOO.

I don't think he was aiming for 'positive' reports, but more like trying for sympathy. 'Poor me, I am beside myself.' That sort of thing. And possibly creating a mental health defense?

I also think the call to a reporter seems calculated at making sure someone he felt might cover his side of things knew he was feeling hounded and victimized. Since I am still fence sitting I can't quite speculate that he is setting up some sort of mental health defense for a crime he hasn't been charged with yet. Not to be snarky or hateful towards MR but I don't see him as a clever sort.

If meant to garner sympathy I do not think it was a successful move.

I don't think he was aiming for 'positive' reports, but more like trying for sympathy. 'Poor me, I am beside myself.' That sort of thing. And possibly creating a mental health defense?

I don't think that acting out the way he did will gain him any sympathy and if he thinks it will then he really does have some problems.

Mental health defense? That's a tough one. I don't think that Mark can successfully claim he's insane from what I've seen. He didn't get himself locked up for a 72 hour psych hold so he failed in showing he's a danger to himself or others at this time. MOO.

Dylan Redwine's father released from hospital

Mark Redwine was released from the hospital later on the same day that he was taken. I'm not sure that means he doesn't have any problems, just that they didn't have a reason to hold him for 72 hours. MOO.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/05/03/father-of-dylan-redwine-taken-into-custody/2128630/

Most psychiatric facilities are voluntary as far as withdrawal. If he was competent, even though needing help, he could check himself out unless there was some other reason to hold him ie: LE or a violent incident, self harm, etc.

I also think the call to a reporter seems calculated at making sure someone he felt might cover his side of things knew he was feeling hounded and victimized. Since I am still fence sitting I can't quite speculate that he is setting up some sort of mental health defense for a crime he hasn't been charged with yet. Not to be snarky or hateful towards MR but I don't see him as a clever sort.

If meant to garner sympathy I do not think it was a successful move.

I think that Mark was drunk and said or did something that caused someone to call the cops. Once he knew that the cops were called, he called Melissa Blasius for the reasons you stated.

When the cops showed up he tells them about being paranoid to justify his actions or statements.The cops hear the "paranoid" story and suggest a trip to the hospital to Mark. He agrees. They call an ambulance, Mark goes to the hospital, gets checked out, and is released. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan