Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 20s20 seconds ago
*oh that sinking feeling*

An attorney not affiliated w/ the case tells the judge he overheard what he believes were potential jurors at lunch huddled around a phone saying “I can’t believe they actually think we arent going to look this case up”

#MarkSieversTrial #juryselection

I hope we don’t see more of these type things. Not saying it couldn’t happen BUT this just doesn’t quite pass the smell test.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm new and I don't know if I am posting to the right place. My Nana just sat on the jury for the Jimmy Rodgers trial. Later when it was over she told me all about it. So I had to come read everything on here. I had to go watch everything on you tube. I still don't think I have seen everything. Nana said that there was only ONE juror who would not convict Jimmy Rodgers of first degree murder. All the other jurors believed the girlfriend and all the witnesses. She said that Curtis was a snake and they didn't think he told the truth about everything but they don't think he was lying about the trip or Jimmy being involved. But there was one person who disagreed with all of them so instead of letting it go to mistrial they just agreed to go to second degree murder. That juror kept saying that they did not prove that Jimmy used the hammer. Everyone was trying to tell the juror that it didn't matter if he didn't use the hammer to look at the definition but this juror wasn't interested in understanding the law. Nana also said that some people wanted to just go home. She said that they all felt the judge wanted it to be over too and rushed a lot of things. That made her and me so mad! Don't do jury duty if you have a time table! She hopes the judge gives Jimmy the maximum penalty. So do I!
This is where the request from the jury to have the jury instructions for each person comes into play. Thanks for the post!

Hi. I'm new and I don't know if I am posting to the right place. My Nana just sat on the jury for the Jimmy Rodgers trial. Later when it was over she told me all about it. So I had to come read everything on here. I had to go watch everything on you tube. I still don't think I have seen everything. Nana said that there was only ONE juror who would not convict Jimmy Rodgers of first degree murder. All the other jurors believed the girlfriend and all the witnesses. She said that Curtis was a snake and they didn't think he told the truth about everything but they don't think he was lying about the trip or Jimmy being involved. But there was one person who disagreed with all of them so instead of letting it go to mistrial they just agreed to go to second degree murder. That juror kept saying that they did not prove that Jimmy used the hammer. Everyone was trying to tell the juror that it didn't matter if he didn't use the hammer to look at the definition but this juror wasn't interested in understanding the law. Nana also said that some people wanted to just go home. She said that they all felt the judge wanted it to be over too and rushed a lot of things. That made her and me so mad! Don't do jury duty if you have a time table! She hopes the judge gives Jimmy the maximum penalty. So do I!

What was your Nana's feelings abut the defense lawyers if you don't mind me asking?

a lot of tweets re another school shooting in CA... Sad!
Yes, it's been a very sad heartbreaking day for the Santa Clarita community. I live just a couple miles away and my kids went to Saugus high in the 90's so it has hit close to home. Thoughts and Prayers to all those affected especially the families of the students that died today.

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

jennyjenny10111 to WS and this thread - to get #JusticeForTeresa!

Friday, November 15th:
*Trial continues with Jury Selection (Day 4) (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 11/12/19 with jury selection. Trial expected to last 5 weeks.
Jury Selection Day 1 11/12/19 thru Day 2 11/13/19 reference post #222 here:
Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

11/14/19 Day 3 of Jury Selection: 51 potential jurors began the initial questioning phase this morning. This afternoon's questions for the return jurors are likely going to begin as death penalty one-on-ones. Judge Kyle just said there’s a high probability they will have a jury by the 20th. Of the first 51, about 27 people were released based on the timing of the trial alone. 13 people were just told to return tomorrow morning at 8:30am. 11 remaining are being individually questioned. JRR had a status hearing. Judge said his numbers are at 54. First set of jurors downstairs and they'll wait. Bringing up a list of 28 new potential jurors. Judge wants at least 60 for death penalty questions. They've moved now into the death penalty qualification phase of jury selection. A long day of jury selection just wrapped up, but we are still far from seating the 12. Tomorrow, 11/15, attorneys will continue questioning potential jurors individually about the death penalty.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentencing on 11/18. Motion for new trial-denied.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

1. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 2m2 minutes ago
    After the first two sets of questions for potential jurors, there are 64 total in this "stage". Of the seven yesterday, 4 stayed and three were released. #trialtweets #teresasievers #marksieversontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 3m3 minutes ago
    Things are about to get moving this morning for #marksieversontrial. They'll continue questioning the potential jurors that remain to qualify them for a death penalty case. #trialtweets #teresasievers #nbc2courtcoverage

1. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 4m4 minutes ago
    Maybe not as notable, but Hamid Hunter is doing this questioning for the prosecution. I believe ASA Cynthia Ross did this for the state in #jimmyrodgersontrial. #trialtweets #teresasievers #marksieversontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 5m5 minutes ago
    Notably this is the first time I've heard the state go down this road. We did not hear anything like this in #jimmyrodgersontrial #trialtweets #teresasievers #marksieversontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Good morning! Wasn’t able to log on yesterday & my time will be very limited today. I’m doing some temp contract work for my former law firm and I picked up a seasonal job at Target, so my time is spread pretty thin. I’ll be able to check in but not keep up timely. Feel free to tag me in anything you feel I should know or need to review. TIA for your help!

I see a few off topic posts that I will be moving. Please keep this thread on topic - Mark Sievers Jury Selection

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back