Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Hoping its denied !

Ditto!

In Blue..MS Appeal based on:

Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure

Rule 3.600. Grounds for New Trial.

(a) Grounds for Granting. –The court shall grant a new trial if any of the following grounds is established.

(1) The jurors decided the verdict by lot.

(2) The verdict is contrary to law or the weight of the evidence.

(3) New and material evidence, which, if introduced at the trial would probably have changed the verdict or finding of the court, and which the defendant could not with reasonable diligence have discovered and produced at the trial, has been discovered.

(b) Grounds for Granting if Prejudice Established. –The court shall grant a new trial if any of the following grounds is established, providing substantial rights of the defendant were prejudiced thereby.

(1) The defendant was not present at any proceeding at which the defendant’s presence is required by these rules.

(2) The jury received any evidence out of court, other than that resulting from an authorized view of the premises.

(3) The jurors, after retiring to deliberate upon the verdict, separated without leave of court.

(4) Any juror was guilty of misconduct.

(5) The prosecuting attorney was guilty of misconduct.

(6) The court erred in the decision of any matter of law arising during the course of the trial.

(7) The court erroneously instructed the jury on a matter of law or refused to give a proper instruction requested by the defendant.

(8) For any other cause not due to the defendant’s own fault, the defendant did not receive a fair and impartial trial.

(c) Evidence. –When a motion for new trial calls for a decision on any question of fact, the court may consider evidence on such motion by affidavit or otherwise.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Mrs./Lawyer P was not at the house and did not find Teresa so I don't think her letter will go anywhere in terms of an appeal. Neither do I think the jurors statement will get any traction. About CWW, well, at the end of the day the "lying" CWW was a friend of MS and seemed credible to the jury (which is what matters). If anyone was going to have MS back, it would have been CWW, no?

At the end of the day, Mrs./Lawyer P was not at the house and did not find Teresa so I don't think her letter will go anywhere in terms of an appeal. Neither do I think the jurors statement will get any traction. About CWW, well, at the end of the day the "lying" CWW was a friend of MS and seemed credible to the jury (which is what matters). If anyone was going to have MS back, it would have been CWW, no?
My thought is that the defense is wanting to discredit Dr. P by saying he was angry at MS due to the affair between Ms. P and MS.

My thought is that the defense is wanting to discredit Dr. P by saying he was angry at MS due to the affair between Ms. P and MS.

True. But, Dr. P has not been proved to be a liar and has a clean record. We can all tell that Dr. P would not run the risk of going to jail and losing his practice by lying on the stand---I think an appeals panel will be able to weigh it the same. Even if the letter states that Dr. P knew about the affair, it can also be a truth that he didn't know Teresa and MS very well. The appeal motion doesn't state that Dr. P knew, only that MS and Mrs. P had more knowledge of each other. His mistake was speaking for his wife and himself.

Wonder if MS thinks this will go over well with his daughters. You know, dad was having an affair with one of mom's best friends, including letters that were going back and forth.

This case has so many twists. No wonder LE stated in the beginning a movie can be made about this. I wonder how much more Mrs P knows re this case.... JMO
Omama & NIN... Yes, an interesting chess game, indeed. Maybe MS and his attorneys should keep their mouths shut? All they have managed to do, "in my eyes & thoughts" is to ADD another reason for MS to have hired killers to get rid of
his wife, Teresa. How many cases have we followed in which the spouse (suddenly feels the urgency) decides to kill their mate when given an ultimatum by the mistress? Maybe a woman MS was interested in finally said, "End your marriage or I am "outta" here!" Hmmm, while I hoped and prayed that was not the case for Mrs P...because I have a hard time going down that road. (I don't know why, but I have been resistant to that thought from the beginning. Probably because I find MS absolutely revolting. Insert puking emoji.)
PS...Omama, clue me in, ok.

Omama & NIN... Yes, an interesting chess game, indeed. Maybe MS and his attorneys should keep their mouths shut? All they have managed to do, "in my eyes & thoughts" is to ADD another reason for MS to have hired killers to get rid of
his wife, Teresa. How many cases have we followed in which the spouse (suddenly feels the urgency) decides to kill their mate when given an ultimatum by the mistress? Maybe a woman MS was interested in finally said, "End your marriage or I am "outta" here!" Hmmm, while I hoped and prayed that was not the case for Mrs P...because I have a hard time going down that road. (I don't know why, but I have been resistant to that thought from the beginning. Probably because I find MS absolutely revolting. Insert puking emoji.)
PS...Omama, clue me in, ok.
I do not understand how these women found comfort in MS's arms and it is truly revolting. Mrs P has a big gig elsewhere and to even have her name associated with a human like MS is bad, IMO. Just give the man a big box of honey buns from amazon and let him sit in a little cell until his time is up... MOO

I've just rewatched MP's evidence when he was recalled by the defense (assuming this is the evidence being referred to), and I can't see anything that would be really significant if Mrs P has contradicted him in a letter.

He's first up on the video.

I've just rewatched MP's evidence when he was recalled by the defense (assuming this is the evidence being referred to), and I can't see anything that would be really significant if Mrs P has contradicted him in a letter.

He's first up on the video.

This was a weird witness. I couldn't really follow her because she talked with so much passion . I think she talked to much when replying to questions...JMO

This was a weird witness. I couldn't really follow her because she talked with so much passion . I think she talked to much when replying to questions...JMO
OMAMA bbm above "weird witness" is a very kind understatement when it came to that "estate attorney." The defense intended, IMO, to add credence to the "fairy tale of Sievers not having any financial problems." Ha! It backfired. She said she was associated with a group of attorneys who consult with clients with net worth of at least 25 million dollars. Maybe so, but she won't be for long after listening to her disjointed speech, facial angst and failure to get to the point!! The point is, the Sievers did not have an "estate problem" because they did not have any money.... unless she suddenly died and the insurance proceeds (over 5 million dollars as I recall) were paid into the estate. And, I'll be darned.....guess what happened after MS consulted with her???? Teresa is suddenly killed and the insurance proceeds now fund an estate and provide a handsome annual income for the slovenly surviving spouse!!! (What a coincidence??...and we all know how sleuths feel about coincidences, huh?)
She was actually a better witness for the prosecutors and I am sure Mr. Hunter and Ms. Ross could not believe how beneficial it was for their case for Mummert to keep asking questions of this horrible witness. :D:D:D
Then again (because I try to look at both sides:rolleyes:) the witness, if she was uncomfortable with having to testify in the murder trial of her own physician....it could explain the "angst and or weirdness" of her answers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back