Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

The defense lawyer is asking the same witness some good some questions as in getting actual information out to the jury. Re-cross exam by state...not at all. He asks her about the date on an item and THAT'S ALL. He then released her, subject to call back. WTheactualF?

I know lawyers can't testify by asking leading questions, but they can certainly ask questions to elicit actual, hard information that's useful. and that's what the defense did.

The entire questioning by the state of their own witness Jennifer K, was nothing so far. I'll probably eat my hat (hopefully, I will) at some point soon if they bring it all together with some real information, but just asking if the date on the file is the date it was downloaded or the date of the call/text means nothing when it's not tethered to anything. It's flapping out there in the ethos and will be forgotten as general tech knowledge.

I would have to revisit the detective's interview with Teresa's mother, but what I remember is that a detective had to tell Mark, in order to get him down here. Mark took the call outside his MIL's house in CT, and supposedly yelled out. But he didn't tell Teresa's mother until they were airborne and mid flight, so that the poor woman had to constrain her shock and grief in the vacuum-sealed surroundings, where everybody in the plane can hear your every breath. Absolute torture. Absolute EVIL.

Maybe my mind was trying to fill in the blanks? Maybe it wasn't a detective, after all? Maybe my eyeballs are falling out of my head and that's why I can't find the video of Det. Nolan 's interview with Mary Ann, so I can pinpoint the exact time that Mark informed Teresa's mother? But, I did find this:

New videos, audio files released in case of slain doctor Teresa Sievers

Thanks, NIN, for coming to the rescue! My Kindle is running out of juice....... Night-Night!

I would have to revisit the detective's interview with Teresa's mother, but what I remember is that a detective had to tell Mark, in order to get him down here. Mark took the call outside his MIL's house in CT, and supposedly yelled out. But he didn't tell Teresa's mother until they were airborne and mid flight, so that the poor woman had to constrain her shock and grief in the vacuum-sealed surroundings, where everybody in the plane can hear your every breath. Absolute torture. Absolute EVIL.

Maybe my mind was trying to fill in the blanks? Maybe it wasn't a detective, after all? Maybe my eyeballs are falling out of my head and that's why I can't find the video of Det. Nolan 's interview with Mary Ann, so I can pinpoint the exact time that Mark informed Teresa's mother? But, I did find this:

New videos, audio files released in case of slain doctor Teresa Sievers

Thanks, NIN, for coming to the rescue! My Kindle is running out of juice....... Night-Night!

Strange stuff. I dreamed about A Wright last night. It's not the first time I've dreamed of this case, but I hope it's the last.

She was roaring my name outside my house, over and over. I went to the window, told her to stop shouting and asked who the hell she was. She looked at me as if I was nuts and said "It's me, it's me!! I brought your cardigan back, so you can stop whingeing now", and gave me a huge, orangey cardigan thing, big wing sleeves. I asked where she found it, she pointed to her nose as if it was a secret and started to walk away. I told her to hold up and asked if she was going to testify. She stared at me and asked if I would pay for her to have her hair done. I said 'of course I will' (!), she nodded her head and walked away. That was it, weird chit.

The case must be getting to me more than I thought. The State need to make each witness count on Monday to draw this all together, because that guy needs to be gone forever.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Something else MS doesn't get to celebrate and that'll do me - for now.

Gold mine of docs all over the place here. When time allows tonight I will post the link to where they’re all stored on the Sievers Case Google Drive. Until then, @NIN (who helped me tremendously download & convert tens of thousands of pages) posted this gem in the Media Links subforum. Enjoy! Audio/video MASTERFILE
Ahhhhhh, the good old days! You and @NIN are the reason we know as much as we do about this case. I wish some of the newbies knew how hard you guys worked, they would be just as in awe of you guys as we are! Truly superstars in this case!

Yeah the dirty talk is so cringe!! So robotic. The number of "O's" had by him or her is obviously fake! LOL. Give me a break! In one text he claims Barb had 19 Os. Hahahahahahaha. These women were giving the performance of a lifetime with this man. No doubt.
I wonder if he realizes every time a woman moves it is not an "O"?

Ahhhhhh, the good old days! You and @NIN are the reason we know as much as we do about this case. I wish some of the newbies knew how hard you guys worked, they would be just as in awe of you guys as we are! Truly superstars in this case!
And let me add @SeesSeas to that list too. And I'm sure I'm missing a few more....my apologies.

Ughhhhh. I had forgotten about this part. How horrible.

I'm watching Trial Day 2 with Kevin Stout – Digital Forensic Examiner. Interesting that they analyzed 29 electronic devices, 10 were phones and none of the those phones were CWW's.

Also noticing that so far, all the witness examinations seem to be almost a preliminary aspect of the technological aspects without even touching upon the 'meat' of the texts, notes and messages themselves that pertain to the case. It's like watching career day at school :/ I mean, it has it's place for sure, but it's like this is background or support to lead to ACTUAL INFORMATION.

When defense lawyer was asking questions of Jennifer Kircikyan, MS was alert and very attentive with his head swiveling back and forth from his lawyer to witness Jennifer Kircikyan. Finally! A question about how a name gets attached to a particular phone! The answer has to do with SMS and Contacts, but no information beyond that. Grrr. That's all well and good, but why does it matter if you're not going to present communications?

Why no questions about how it can be faked, spoofed, cloned, etc.? Now a question about UTC and timestamps. That's all well and good, but why does it matter if you're not going to present actual communications and explain what they mean? So, prosecutor has now had the witness read aloud a few messages, but they mean nothing without the context. Yay, got excited, then it died. He had witness read "brother from an other mother" - he had her emphasize the "an other" as being two words, but that's as far as it goes.

Jeezopeez, a bunch of questions that don't go anywhere. Hopefully, this jury has someone on there that thinks like Websleuthers and can put things these together, because as it stands now, there are just unrelated messages. I just don't get this. WE know what those random, individual texts are in reference to, but how does the jury?

This is really frustrating. We could use Juan Martinez here; I get the feeling he'd enjoy this case because there's so much to work with.

BBM- Actually, I can think of several people on this forum that would do a better job than what we are seeing now. I keep hoping that the reason I think the prosecution is doing such a lackluster job is because we have so much actual information and the jury is putting it together with what is being presented. State only has 1-2 more days of testimony which very much concerns me.

ETA- Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I've never seen so many Happy Birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Happy to all kinds of people. The guy was a texting greeting card company. How odd.

Creeps me out. There's too many. Seems like manipulative friendship tactics.
Definitely. No wonder he is always writing. He can’t text anymore so he writes. And his passive aggressive :) on everything.

Strange stuff. I dreamed about A Wright last night. It's not the first time I've dreamed of this case, but I hope it's the last.

She was roaring my name outside my house, over and over. I went to the window, told her to stop shouting and asked who the hell she was. She looked at me as if I was nuts and said "It's me, it's me!! I brought your cardigan back, so you can stop whingeing now", and gave me a huge, orangey cardigan thing, big wing sleeves. I asked where she found it, she pointed to her nose as if it was a secret and started to walk away. I told her to hold up and asked if she was going to testify. She stared at me and asked if I would pay for her to have her hair done. I said 'of course I will' (!), she nodded her head and walked away. That was it, weird chit.

The case must be getting to me more than I thought. The State need to make each witness count on Monday to draw this all together, because that guy needs to be gone forever.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Something else MS doesn't get to celebrate and that'll do me - for now.

Not strange, at all. They all have a price on their head, and an orange jumpsuit in their future.

beach said:
Gold mine of docs all over the place here. When time allows tonight I will post the link to where they’re all stored on the Sievers Case Google Drive. Until then, @NIN (who helped me tremendously download & convert tens of thousands of pages) posted this gem in the Media Links subforum. Enjoy! Audio/video MASTERFILE

Thank you for this information--you all are master sleuths! Reading the article here, it says that the neighbor (Dr Petrites) did tell Mark that Teresa was dead--at least according to Teresa's mother --"
Mark Sievers eventually phoned a friend, who went to the home and found Teresa’s body, Groves said. He called Mark and told him that Teresa was dead.

“We both were in the yard screaming, crying. I said you can’t tell the kids now,” said Groves, who ended up flying back to Florida with the family. They told the two girls their about their mother’s death when they arrived home.

Maybe I missed it, but are these texts between MS and TS going to be admitted into evidence? Or was that ruled on previously, and not allowed in?
Those texts are so rich...So much info on there that could set a motive..

I found the texts from the end of April to June 28, 2015 made me incredibly sad. Mark goes to CWW's wedding, etc., Batch 6 #37738-37781 They aren't sex talk texts, but normal, everyday stuff leading up to the end. OMG, Mark irritated Teresa never really listening, and constantly bugging her. Yes, passive aggressive is the worst. He knew what he had planned and was still acting like the helpful, bumbling husband.

JMO

beach said:

Thank you for this information--you all are master sleuths! Reading the article here, it says that the neighbor (Dr Petrites) did tell Mark that Teresa was dead--at least according to Teresa's mother --"
Mark Sievers eventually phoned a friend, who went to the home and found Teresa’s body, Groves said. He called Mark and told him that Teresa was dead.

“We both were in the yard screaming, crying. I said you can’t tell the kids now,” said Groves, who ended up flying back to Florida with the family. They told the two girls their about their mother’s death when they arrived home.
This needs to be brought up hard for the jury to know that Mark claimed TS was deceased without being told. So important!

Reading the text messages between Dr. Seviers and Mark Seviers, I am really struck by how committed she was to healthy living.....the grocery lists of fresh fruits and vegetables--hummus, chia seeds, coconut milk, etc. She really practiced what she preached. I admire that very much. I don't like reading the salacious details of their sexuality because it is so personal, but I really find her healthy eating to be inspiring. God bless her. So sad.

I found the texts from the end of April to June 28, 2015 made me incredibly sad. Mark goes to CWW's wedding, etc., Batch 6 #37738-37781 They aren't sex talk texts, but normal, everyday stuff leading up to the end. OMG, Mark irritated Teresa never really listening, and constantly bugging her. Yes, passive aggressive is the worst. He knew what he had planned and was still acting like the helpful, bumbling husband.

JMO
I found that especially hard to read..she even picked him up after his weekend of plotting to kill her.

"Wayne cuddles me from behind and I O 3x. Wayne dances and grinds on me. When I tell him I want his "other" hammer, Wayne O 4x. The first time we've been 2gether since 2015. He speaks my love languages. Duration 3.5 hours."
Is that a quote by Mark about having sex with CWW or Teresa? They refer to his male organ as his " other hammer"? This is new to me and puts a whole other spin on the death by hammer bludgeoning. My God this is so sick
I'm was just making a filthy joke about MS, @ChicagoChic - I'm sorry that I gave you the impression that this was a real quote. I was just commenting on the way everybody has noticed how MS writes constantly during his trial and I was making fun of the way he'd detailed every sexual encounter with Teresa in his calendar. I'm an Australian and it's just natural for me to find an opportunity to make a joke wherever I can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back