Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

CourtTV's Vinnie Politan has TaySho's testimony as "The Biggest Moment of the Day".

"He said they killed her with a hammer."
"I think it was 10,000" as her answer to the State's question of "did he say how much money he'd be getting?"

That's pretty clear about the $10,000 today.

The State insists this is not just a circumstantial case. It's not just based on CWW's word that Mark asked him to kill Teresa. The State says there's Direct Evidence.

Direct Evidence: Definition, Law & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

The term direct evidence refers to any piece of evidence that stands alone to prove an assertion. In other words, it provides direct proof of a fact and doesn't require any type of inference. The testimony of an eyewitness is the most common form of direct evidence likely to be presented at a criminal trial. When a witness relates something that he directly observed or experienced, he is offering direct evidence of an event.

CourtTV's Vinnie Politan has TaySho's testimony as "The Biggest Moment of the Day". Also says the State is the winner today.
Vinnie's shouting and loving the "perverty" and "he looked like a pervert" comments.

"He said they killed her with a hammer."
"I think it was 10,000" as her answer to the State's question of "did he say how much money he'd be getting?"

That's pretty clear about the $10,000 today. Maybe defense doesn't want to touch it because it's as you said: MS pays CWW who in turn pays JRR who told TaySho.

Is there a list anywhere of MS alleged sexual conquests?

I like being able to watch the actual trial and then watch CourtTV and hear lawyers talk about what happened, what that meant, which side benefitted, what could be expected... it's fascinating to hear it all.

Also known as "wifey."[/QUOTE
MM seemed like he was fumbling and bumbling around in his final remarks at the end of today, hesitating while looking at notes and looking back at his assistant in the gallery for prompts. I wonder if the defense was taken aback and caught off guard a little by the state resting at that point since, to me and a lot of us here, there was soooooo much left out. His final remarks and request for acquittal was not good for MM and conversely, I thought the state did well with their remarks.

It was obvious that she was emailing him messages/statutes from her computer to his during his motion — why is the public/gallery allowed to use phones and computers during a trial, in a court room, in this county??? That’s not allowed in Seminole County,FL at all. Bailiffs come over and make you put it away if it’s in use.

The State insists this is not just a circumstantial case. It's not just based on CWW's word that Mark asked him to kill Teresa. The State says there's Direct Evidence.
Direct Evidence: Definition, Law & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com The term direct evidence refers to any piece of evidence that stands alone to prove an assertion. In other words, it provides direct proof of a fact and doesn't require any type of inference. The testimony of an eyewitness is the most common form of direct evidence likely to be presented at a criminal trial. When a witness relates something that he directly observed or experienced, he is offering direct evidence of an event.

When the State has introduced the 'direct evidence' do they explicitly say it? I missed most of the first couple of days. I did see that they introduced almost 7,000 pages of phone dump into evidence, but nothing was picked out in particular. In the State's opening and closing statements, it would be helpful to blockheads like me if they said "Direct Evidence will prove the defendant is guilty and here are the pieces of direct evidence that we will be introducing" and then they list it out. Same thing in a closing argument: lay it out for me. Don't EVER rely on people's being able to "piece things together" because it doesn't always happen even to the best of us.

I like lists. I like facts laid out. Sometimes, there are so many little things that together make the entire thing, but list those many little things for me.

No, TS did not say and the prosecution did not ask..

-Nin

Actually, on direct Taylor was asked if Jimmy told her how much he was to be paid. She answered, "Yes,$10,000" There was no follow-up question about who, how or when. I couldn't believe they didn't follow up with anything at all. Huge missed opportunity. I still can't believe it.

It all went by so fast, it was easy to miss that exchange.

Teresa's close friends are still young and healthy looking with so much more to do in life, just like Teresa. She was so loved by these friends. They are there for her and her Family, even now, loyal friends.

Am I being presumptuous by saying we'd all like to see the defendant testify in court?

bdc77405de5071d521f083c01fed8d02.png

I can't believe CK won't be testifying. So strange the ones we THOUGHT would be solid witnesses for this trial are not on the stand at all. I just don't understand it... I sure hope we find out why.
I have a good idea why. Several reasons actually but it is best I not go into those details until after the trial. I will expound after a verdict is rendered.

Last edited:
When the State has introduced the 'direct evidence' do they explicitly say it?...snipped....

Direct Evidence: Definition, Law & Examples - Video & Lesson Transcript | Study.com

The term direct evidence refers to any piece of evidence that stands alone to prove an assertion. In other words, it provides direct proof of a fact and doesn't require any type of inference. The testimony of an eyewitness is the most common form of direct evidence likely to be presented at a criminal trial. When a witness relates something that he directly observed or experienced, he is offering direct evidence of an event.

I wasn't sure what the State meant by Direct Evidence when they were debating an acquittal today. See the definition of Direct Evidence in my quote? No, I don't think the State has to define it as such, not sure. The Judge seemed to agree they do have enough Direct Evidence.

Hope this doesn't post twice again. You need to go back and edit one, but you can't delete the entire post. :) Oh, snipped by me to reply also.

How can the State bumble a prosecution with >35k pages of evidence? What a colossal waste of time and money if so.
Remember how MS prayed for the best law enforcement work in the beginning? Let's hope for the best prosecution. It's only day 7 of how many weeks, maybe the tortoise wins the race??
IMO CK probably has things the prosecution can't come out with, as much as the things they really desperately want or need, otherwise she'd be there.
Didn't MM basically make it a goal to discredit her during opening?

Lawyers discussing if TS was worth more to MS alive vs $5 million life insurance. Stay at home dad would get alimony and child support, sure, big whoop.

It's not all about the money for MS. He had his entire self/ego/hubris invested in his social standing 1) as a doctor's spouse and as a divorced philandering creep who took his children on his sexual playdates with other women... not so much social standing and respect.

As a wealthy widower with two little girls and a robust social life due to his aggressive social climbing... suddenly attractive to some types of women. Ew. As has been said: money couldn't buy him class, respect or a good character.

I can't believe CK won't be testifying. So strange the ones we THOUGHT would be solid witnesses for this trial are not on the stand at all. I just don't understand it... I sure hope we find out why.
I thought about this too and figured one reason the state might not call her to testify is because most of what she observed in Mark's demeanor/behavior would be deemed as speculation or conjecture.

Lawyers discussing if TS was worth more to MS alive vs $5 million life insurance. Stay at home dad would get alimony and child support, sure, big whoop.

It's not all about the money for MS. He had his entire self/ego/hubris invested in his social standing 1) as a doctor's spouse and as a divorced philandering creep who took his children on his sexual playdates with other women... not so much social standing and respect.

As a wealthy widower with two little girls and a robust social life due to his aggressive social climbing... suddenly attractive to some types of women. Ew. As has been said: money couldn't buy him class, respect or a good character.
MS wanted it all--- the money, the girls, the house! No way he would get custody if TS decided to file for divorce.

Last edited:
I do think he'd get shared custody as he spent more time with the children, and courts consider that. However, he would have gone full force driving TS crazy in so many ways if they divorced, and Mark was awarded shared custody, child support, and alimony. Teresa would have charged forward and become more influential and more of a star. He would've resented it and done lots of passive aggressive things as pay back. He wanted more and I think he must have hated TS for awhile. JMO

It was obvious that she was emailing him messages/statutes from her computer to his during his motion — why is the public/gallery allowed to use phones and computers during a trial, in a court room, in this county??? That’s not allowed in Seminole County,FL at all. Bailiffs come over and make you put it away if it’s in use.

PLUS, Mrs. Mummert and Ms. Fitz. are staring down the jurors, as well as the witnesses on the stand, and making obvious facial expressions. Some jurors and witnesses could be intimidated and bullied by this. They should be confined to the back of the room, if they're visiting--not up front where they can influence others. And, certainly, NOT blocking the view of the family/friends who have been waiting to see Justice, for 4 and a half years--like Ms.Parker was doing. How rude and insensitive!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back