Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

I think defense is bringing back witnesses that should have been examined the first time, in order to try and beef up the illusion that they actually have witnesses for the defense.

Defense is giving me the impression of school child writing in very big letters and skipping lines in order to fulfill a teacher's minimum page requirement for a book report.

I feel the pain of the 'sleepy' juror. I have always had a problem with trying to remain awake (let alone be alert) when having to sit quietly for any length of time. If I'm working on something, no problem. The information can be absolutely fascinating to me, but the physical inactivity kills my brain very, very quickly.

Now, CWW will be a big one to put on the stand by the defense. Played (w)right, the prosecution will successfully rebut IMO, especially if defense is questioning (again) CWW's truthfulness of what he testified or the reasons he is testifying, i.e. the plea deal.
Of course he first tried to protect himself, JR and MS and was untruthful. However, his testimony now is supported by the admitted evidence.
The plea deal - once the evidence was staking up, CWW took the deal offered to him by the State and MS was arrested shortly after.(!) JR could have done the same thing, but he has a pretty good lawyer, who knew there would be appeal issue(s) coning up during the trial. So JR will not testify now, because he will be appealing. IMO

Why are they putting Dr P on the stand ? That is going to be interesting. I hope the defense will address the timing and the content of Dr P's phone call to Mark just before calling 911. Prosecution will have a field day. IMO

ALL IMO

-Nin

MM seemed like he was fumbling and bumbling around in his final remarks at the end of today, hesitating while looking at notes and looking back at his assistant in the gallery for prompts. I wonder if the defense was taken aback and caught off guard a little by the state resting at that point since, to me and a lot of us here, there was soooooo much left out. His final remarks and request for acquittal was not good for MM and conversely, I thought the state did well with their remarks.

Funny thought: she could be going back and forth between watching the lawyers' comments on CourtTV and comments on Websleuths because it's all real-time observations that may help either the defense or prosecution. She immediately passes on the info to hubs. The State should have been doing this, it could be useful to know what non-lawyers (most jurors) could be thinking at the time.

Funny thought: she could be going back and forth between watching the lawyers' comments on CourtTV and comments on Websleuths because it's all real-time observations that may help either the defense or prosecution. She immediately passes on the info to hubs. The State should have been doing this, it could be useful to know what non-lawyers (most jurors) could be thinking at the time.

This! And that will never work. QED IMO

-Nin

CKs testimony would kill Mark's defense. JMO

I don’t think that CK has any beneficial testimony for the state since it makes her statements then admissible as evidence. Her statement show how she went out of her way to hangout with and call mark after the murder, not under any legal instruction to do so. The defense would bring all of that out in the trial at that point. The state wants to keep things simple it seems.

I don’t think that CK has any beneficial testimony for the state since it makes her statements then admissible as evidence. Her statement show how she went out of her way to hangout with and call mark after the murder, not under any legal instruction to do so. The defense would bring all of that out in the trial at that point. The state wants to keep things simple it seems.
Her testimony would implicate so many issues for the defense and another potential witness if they were called, JMO

Her testimony would implicate so many issues for the defense and another potential witness if they were called, JMO
Jumping off my own post, Mark told CK the number of hits T received. No one else would know that except the killers, LE and the ME at that time when Mark told CK. CK would be a vital witness, but its not my legal rodeo to make that call! JMO

1. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 50s50 seconds ago
    Van Waus is a crime scene analyst with the sheriff's office.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 2m2 minutes ago
    Kimberly Van Waus, of the Lee County Sheriff's Office, is back on the witness stand.

Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 3m3 minutes ago

Back on the record with jury. Lt. Michael Downs on the stand. Defense entered into the record the plea agreement waiver of rights. It was admitted. Now, defense calls Kimberly Van Waus, LCSO Crime Scene Tech #trialtweets #MarkSieversontrial #TeresaSievers #NBC2CourtCoverage

Jumping off my own post, Mark told CK the number of hits T received. No one else would know that except the killers, LE and the ME at that time when Mark told CK. CK would be a vital witness, but its not my legal rodeo to make that call! JMO

I think some jurors would find her behavior bizarre. She behaved like an arm chair detective and put herself at major risk if she felt at the time he was guilty of being involved. That makes her look crazy, not credible. And it’s not that I don’t think she is credible, but her statements don’t make her look good IMO. The state must agree or they would have called her as a witness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back