Massachusetts Woman, Sues FedEx Over Botched Marijuana Delivery

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by longtallcold, Mar 1, 2013.

1. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

2. Loading...

3. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

pretty sure I would be a bit irritated if the company gave my name out to potential drug dealers whose package the company had inadvertently delivered to me by mistake.

Egads.

4. Ballerina

Ballerina New Member

Wait, hold on. Fedex delivers marijuana?! You learn something new every day :floorlaugh:

I'm all for legalization, but I'm not sure why (or "if" might be better, according to all the comments on this article) FedEx gave out her address instead of redelivering the mistaken package. And was it addressed to her, or to the intended recipients? If it was addressed to them, why open it? I mean, opening someone else's mail is a crime in and of itself, anyways.

5. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...a-delivery_n_2789378.html?utm_hp_ref=business

:floorlaugh: sorry but I find it so cute that she thought the weed was potpourri.

http://now.msn.com/maryangela-tobin-sues-fedex-for-delivering-pot-giving-her-address-to-drug-dealers

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...-after-suspected-drug-dealers-go-to-her-home/

6. OceanEyes

OceanEyes New Member

I used to know someone who was involved in things like this. What they do is address it to a vacant house or a house where people work during the day, then go park down the street and wait for the Fed Ex guy, and grab the package after it was left on the porch. If the marijuana is found during shipping, the false address traces back to no one involved.
    I'm not so sure that Fed Ex gave them her address, they might have already known where it was supposed to be delivered, maybe even been watching her house waiting for it.

7. SailorMoon

SailorMoon Let's go Patriots!!! Rock it Brady!

Yeah, or they probably saw where it was delivered on fedex.com. Track your package and all that.....I wonder if it was addresses to her. Never thought about that OceanEyes but that would work nearly 99% of the time.

8. rossva

rossva George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.

BBM. Not sure if that applies to Fed Ex and UPS deliveries; just the USPS.

9. Lola2013

Lola2013 New Member

If I were Tobin, I will call the police and throw away the drugs immediately.

10. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

No you don't throw them away. You call the police and save the evidence to give them.