Matt LeBlanc from friends divorcing.

I notice no one seems to be as upset about Matt LeBlanc taking up with another woman as they were when Brad Pitt took up with Angelina Jolie. Why is that?

Personally, I didn't like Friends, it was torture to watch it. And I don't care for Jennifer Aniston at all, nor Matt LeBlanc. Matthew Perry is all right, but he's the only one I can stand to watch.

the original tez said:
I notice no one seems to be as upset about Matt LeBlanc taking up with another woman as they were when Brad Pitt took up with Angelina Jolie. Why is that?

Personally, I didn't like Friends, it was torture to watch it. And I don't care for Jennifer Aniston at all, nor Matt LeBlanc. Matthew Perry is all right, but he's the only one I can stand to watch.

It's just as galling. Maybe because they weren't/aren't flaunting it?

the original tez said:

Go to the Jury Room. They are giving Matt LeBlanc a tongue lashing over there. I personally think he deserves it. I am so sick of these men (and women) that no longer take their vows seriously. I realize there are situations that people NEED to get divorced; abuse (physical, mental, sexual), alcohol, drugs, and so forth. But, get out first then go and find a mate. How do you truely know that you no longer love one person if you have another person dangling candy in your face???? Sorry to jump on my soap box, but you cannot fix a marriage by going outside of it!!

detectivewannabe said:
Go to the Jury Room. They are giving Matt LeBlanc a tongue lashing over there. I personally think he deserves it. I am so sick of these men (and women) that no longer take their vows seriously. I realize there are situations that people NEED to get divorced; abuse (physical, mental, sexual), alcohol, drugs, and so forth. But, get out first then go and find a mate. How do you truely know that you no longer love one person if you have another person dangling candy in your face???? Sorry to jump on my soap box, but you cannot fix a marriage by going outside of it!!

I didn't see a thread in the JR?

Sorry, should have clarified.....It is on pg 2 of the JR and the thread title is lying, dirty, scoundrel pig..... :)

detectivewannabe said:
Sorry, should have clarified.....It is on pg 2 of the JR and the thread title is lying, dirty, scoundrel pig..... :)

Thanks, I read that one so didn't miss anything.

kato said:
It's just as galling. Maybe because they weren't/aren't flaunting it?
That is probably true. With BP/AJ, I think the BP's separation was barely announced and they were out on the town, then by the next month AJ was pregnant.

And so true about how you can't fix a marriage by going outside of it.

You know... John Travolta's name has been kicked around here - and I know your guys were only joking about his "gayness", but even though he is a scientoligist, etc., you never hear anything but good things about his marriage..... He loves, and respects, his wife and family.

Few people remember his relationship with Diane Hyland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Hyland

Diana Hyland (January 25, 1936 – March 27, 1977) was an American actress.

Born Diana Gentner in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, Hyland made her acting debut in 1955 in an episode of Robert Montgomery Presents. Over the next decade she played numerous guest and supporting roles in various television series, including The Twilight Zone, before being cast in a featured role in The Chase (1966) with Marlon Brando, Jane Fonda, and Robert Redford. She also played a continuing role in the soap opera Peyton Place from 1968 until 1969.

In 1976 she began a relationship with the actor John Travolta, 17 years her junior and beginning to find success as an actor in the television series Welcome Back, Kotter. The two appeared together in a television movie, The Boy in the Plastic Bubble (1976), and Hyland was then signed to play the wife of Dick Van Patten in the series Eight is Enough.

Hyland was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a mastectomy. Despite this, her health deteriorated and after filming four episodes she left the series, but did not tell the cast her true predicament. She pretended she had suffered damage from a skiing accident, and when cast members would visit she would have her leg in traction to keep up the ruse. However, Hyland's illness overwhelmed her quickly and less than a year later she died, reportedly in Travolta's arms, at the age of 41. When Eight is Enough resumed for its second season, it was explained in the story that her character had died.

Travolta accepted an Emmy Award on her behalf, when she won posthumously for her role in The Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

Hyland was survived by a four year-old son from a previous relationship and it is unclear in whose custody he was placed after his mother's death.
He was 17 years younger than her. He stood beside her through her battle with cancer, including a mastectomy, and she died in his arms.

Can any woman truly expect more from her loved one?

He moved on and seems to be a very happily married man. His wife is a very lucky woman!

I read (many years ago) that he was devastated by her death, and was not linked with anyone romantically for many years afterwards. I don't understand or condone Scientology but I think he seems to be a pretty okay kinda guy. If he starts flaunting his Scientology I might have to reconsider.

I also heard her death occurred while he was making Saturday Night Fever and that is why his character in the film is so sullen and serious. He was very depressed at that time.

John Travolta filmed the movie ladder 49 at my mother in laws bar, he seemed pretty nice..

the original tez said:

I think he is just as trashy as Pitt was. Anyone who starts an affair is gutter stuff as far as I am concerned. Wanta cheat? Get a FREAKING divorce. Of course, low morals and standards seem the norm for most Hollywood marriages.
:razz:

detectivewannabe said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great post DWB. :woohoo:

Stan said:
... WHAT!!! lilpony, I thought you WERE a movie star!! :waitasec: I thought you were Rachel on 'Friends'!! I love Jennifer Aniston!! :D You'll always be a star here lilpony!! ;) :dance:
Shhhhhh Stan, its suppose to be a secret. Don't let the cat out of the bag. I am undercover here at WS! hehe....Shhhhhhhhhh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back