Max's back injuries

What happened to Max's back? Your thoughts.

• Planking in stairway

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Grabbed chandelier to swing

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Slide down the banister

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Ride scooter in stairway/landing area

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other kids involved

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
If Dina really didn't want Max left alone with Rebecca (for the 2 plus years that he was), then she should have sought the help of the Maricopa County Family Court...........lots of divorced parents go that route when there is a dispute about child custody/safety issues.

This is a good point that has been mentioned before. Dina can't adequately answer this question, imo.

BBM. I do not see this as even a remote possibility because the case was ruled a suicide. I think a Judge would immediately toss it.

I do believe DS can file a wrongful death lawsuit and obtain a deposition from the younger sister.

JMO

Unfortunately, for whatever reasons the SDSO were not able to complete a coherent and comprehensive investigation so they made an incorrect ruling. If the AG turns down the case then I would guess that Bremner would have to submit a request for a judicial review, imo.

I think a court case is going to be the only way the public will learn why DS didn't want her child left alone with RZ.

JMO

Ianal, but can Mary file a defamation suit against Dina even though Rebecca is deceased? Never mind, Inparadise already asked this question. Does anyone know how that would work, taking Dina to court for defamation of the character of a dead person?

If Dina really didn't want Max left alone with Rebecca (for the 2 plus years that he was), then she should have sought the help of the Maricopa County Family Court...........lots of divorced parents go that route when there is a dispute about child custody/safety issues.

Rebecca had only moved in with Jonah in Jan. 2011. IMO, I doubt she was babysitting him before that, so it was only 6 1/2 months that Rebecca was watching him when the accident happened.

Rebecca had only moved in with Jonah in Jan. 2011. IMO, I doubt she was babysitting him before that, so it was only 6 1/2 months that Rebecca was watching him when the accident happened.

The summer of 2011 was not the first summer that Rebecca spent with Jonah at Spreckels.....explain that?

She may have spent a weekend or so there, but she was still employed until Jan. 2011. Doubt she would have been too happy if Jonah invited her for the weekend, then asked her to babysit...

She may have spent a weekend or so there, but she was still employed until Jan. 2011. Doubt she would have been too happy if Jonah invited her for the weekend, then asked her to babysit...

So when Jonah was traveling for business, did he leave Max with Lillian then?

So when Jonah was traveling for business, did he leave Max with Lillian then?

IMO, Jonah would not invite Rebecca to the mansion for a week or weekend if he were going to be traveling for business. As for leaving Max with Lillian, I don't know, do you?

Imo, Rebecca didn't kill Max. She was a very nice person who didn't break fingers, choke or murder people. That just wasn't her way. No history of escalating violence or of using violence to problem solve. It wasn't who she was, she was better than that. Period.

The poor woman's child is dead because her ex-husband failed to protect him. I try to show her compassion. A Court can't control what goes on behind closed doors of a residence nor do I believe a Court has the power to dictate parental behavior if CPS isn't involved.

JMO

The poor woman's child is dead because her ex-husband failed to protect him. I try to show her compassion. A Court can't control what goes on behind closed doors of a residence nor do I believe a Court has the power to dictate parental behavior if CPS isn't involved.

JMO

Yes, they can and do. Once a motion is filed in the Maricopa Count Family Court, a "parenting co-ordinator" is appointed and they work with both parents and the children regarding what is going on in each of the homes, and all sorts of rules, etc. are established by the parenting co-ordinator.

Yes, they can and do. Once a motion is filed in the Maricopa Count Family Court, a "parenting co-ordinator" is appointed and they work with both parents and the children regarding what is going on in each of the homes, and all sorts of rules, etc. are established by the parenting co-ordinator.

In reality, it's nothing more than a piece of paper. The Court has no real control over what goes on in a home. Domestic violence hasn't stopped just because a Judge says so.

JMO

This thread is about MAX'S BACK INJURIES. The last several posts are considerably OFF TOPIC and I am removing them.

WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT THE VICTIMS IN THIS CASE. Trying to moderate all this bashing of both the victims and their families is getting really, really tiresome. Everyone has been warned and many have been put on TO. I am running out of options here because you can't police yourselfs.

So.... if you are coming here to bash or stir the chit - than move on and don't post here. Go visit other threads where you can be helpful because all this back and forth bickering is NOT HELPFUL. Doesn't help Max, doesn't help Rebecca, doesn't help Dina. The bottom line is that it is a waste of time because it accomplishes NOTHING except a wearing on my patience, which is mighty thin.

Salem

How did Max's back scrape paint off the banister? I know my skin is much harder and tougher and I know I couldn't do it even if I pushed really hard or someone else pushed me really hard.

The probability that Max's scooter caused the damage to banister paint is more scientifically valid. Imo, he rode the scooter close to the dip in the banister and was catapulted over. The scooter must have come into contact with his back or he landed on it and that caused the characteristic razor scooter shaped "seven" abrasion to his back. Imo, the seven shape on his back corresponded to the shape of the Razor scooter. The stair railing wasn't a "seven" configuration so it could not have caused the injury. Jmoo.

I believe either Rebecca or her sister tried to lift Max while he was on the scooter up on the railing, and dropped him. That's why most of the damage to the railing is on the INSIDE, not the outside of the banister. JMO

I believe either Rebecca or her sister tried to lift Max while he was on the scooter up on the railing, and dropped him. That's why most of the damage to the railing is on the INSIDE, not the outside of the banister. JMO

Your theory shoots Melinek's out of the water then. Didn't she propose that his back was pushed against the railing. She even showed a diagram that didn't line up with his injury. She actually proved that Max's back injury could not have been caused by the railing in doing that. I think that is somewhat ironic, imo.

Imo, Rebecca didn't kill Max. She was a very nice person who didn't break fingers, choke or murder people. That just wasn't her way. No history of escalating violence or of using violence to problem solve. It wasn't who she was, she was better than that. Period.

Rebecca moved in with Jonah in January, 2010......Dina even states this in her interview in the Phoenix Magazine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back