Maybe she didn't abandon the car - Gas cans will solve the case.

OOoh Absolut- this is good insight.......I was thinking along these lines too, see if it would make sense. It smelled so bad in that car that she didnt want Tony or anyone else at his apt building to catch on. She may have intended to torch it, and when she went back it was being towed or already towed. But this is why she didnt originally abandone it, right? She meant to. All the more reason why she tells Jesse- if my mother calls stay out of it! And the other time in July when shes out with friends for lunch that she says we have to leave because Lee is looking for me.....I am thinking she lost the oportunity to torch the car. LE would be able to test the cars gas guage at the time frame if there was a mechanical problem with the fuel guage. Which Im not saying isnt the case, but why all the gas cans and the one from target (AMY) is because SHE no longer could go home with a smelly car in that neighborhood without the risk of someone coming in contact with the car.

She made 3 contacts about Gas cans after leaving the car at the Amscot.

Jesse on June 28th, Phone call, or Text message he was at his parents and couldn't help her out.
Amy in a text message on the 29th ,"Can I borrow you and your gas can today?"
Then Amy again on the 30th at Amy's/Ricardo/JP house, going as far as going to Target to get one.

So why not have gotten Tony to help her out before he left for NY, get a gas and can and get the Pontiac back. Yet in the 3 days after leaving the car, 3 different communications about a gas can.

Exactly what I have been thinking.

Has Tony pick her up as witness to the car not being in her possession, then plans to come back later move the car and torch it saying it must have been stolen....But the tow yard got there before she could execute her plan. She had a delay in finding new gas cans because her dad took back the gas cans she was going to use. Purchasing them was a last resort because KC did not want a record of it.

In fact she may have run out of gas intentionally the week before to set the stage that it was a common thing for her to run out of gas.

Lots of stolen cars torched here.

True, burning the car would have at least gotten rid of the DNA/odor evidence. But setting a car on fire seems a tad risky to me. Maybe she got scared and bailed, then just left her purse and keys.

I think you're right. She sure seemed to be preoccupied with gas cans. A fire would attract a lot of attention though- probably why she didn't go through with it.
I agree, I think she chickened out and figured she could BS her way out of it with the squirrel story. She had so many folks believing all of her *advertiser censored* and bull stories for so long I think she thought she could pull this off.

I agree, I think she chickened out and figured she could BS her way out of it with the squirrel story. She had so many folks believing all of her *advertiser censored* and bull stories for so long I think she thought she could pull this off.

Squirrel story June 27th to Amy is the same time she left the car at the Amscot but before the 3 contacts about gas cans after leaving the Pontiac. 28th-30th.

Oh could it be this............cause she tells AMy prior about the smell, set the stage for Amy to get a gas can and drop her off at her car......just in case Amy smells it...BUT when they get to the Amscot its gone on the 28th? But theres nothing in the statement asked about what happened after they bought a gas can at Target??? grrr

Oh could it be this............cause she tells AMy prior about the smell, set the stage for Amy to get a gas can and drop her off at her car......just in case Amy smells it...BUT when they get to the Amscot its gone on the 28th? But theres nothing in the statement asked about what happened after they bought a gas can at Target??? grrr

Wasn't towed til the 30th. Same day Tony flew out in the morning to NY and Casey headed to Amy's and Target. But it could have been gone when they got there, would love to hear that story.

Anyone know where the 'target' gas can ended up ??

She might have given it back to Amy. If you read Amy's interview, she says that her gas can was in storage but it is always good to have an extra one around. So the plan was for KC to use it and then give it back to Amy. Funny, someone posted that they never owned a gas can. Neither have I.

Squirrel story June 27th to Amy is the same time she left the car at the Amscot but before the 3 contacts about gas cans after leaving the Pontiac. 28th-30th.

That was also around the same time she told Amy that the squirrel (or dead animal) was plastered under the car and she had gotten rid of it. There was no mention after that of the smell. There's been speculation that the dumpster at the Amscot is where she disposed of Caylee's body.

I keep wondering if she wanted all of those cans full of gas so she could drive a long distance without having to stop at a gas station and be recognized and identified by someone later.

Remember Casey returned the two small cans to George on the 24th......the one new can wasn't purchased until the 30th..........also we can account for the car from the 27th on, so *if* it held a body, the body was removed by the 27th.

Good thoughts here. It could be possible that KC did intend to burn the car up and later claim it was stolen. That would certainly solve the problem of how to get rid of the car and the dna. There was no other way to get rid of dna and the smell, no matter how much cleaning she did. Unfortunately, the car was towed before she had the chance to take care of it. If this is the case, then how does the theft of her dad's gas cans much earlier fit in?

I think you're right. She sure seemed to be preoccupied with gas cans. A fire would attract a lot of attention though- probably why she didn't go through with it.
Probably would have moved it to woods or a grove before torching. A lot of that done here in FL with stolen cars.

Her leaving at Amscot was her way of saying "Hey that is where I left it, just ask Tony"

Burning is the only way she could of gotten rid of all the evidence.

Her fixation on gas cans has fascinated me from the beginning of this case. My first thought, was that she had burned the body, but there would have been some sort of evidence of that in the car, I think....even if it were traces on her clothes or seat cushions, which I am sure have been extensively evaluated by the FBI. After reading the transcript from Amy, I think CA may have been stealing gas to use in whoever's car she was driving. She was using Tony's jeep while he was in New York, right?? She had severed all ties with her parents at this point, and she had no job - thus the need to steal gas to put into whoever's vehicle she was driving at the time. How would she have been able to ask for gas money when she was lying to everyone about having a job?? Long story short - I think the gas cans were necessary to fuel the car she was currently bumming from someone. Now, where did she steal the gas from??? I can only say two words: 'rubber hose' - as in I bet she had one that she used to siphon gas from other cars, and I wish I had one to beat the truth out of her. :furious:

Only problem I can see with that is that 90% of cars over the year, say 1985, have screens inserted into the tank pipe to prevent this very thing. You can't get a hose in there.

Wasn't towed til the 30th. Same day Tony flew out in the morning to NY and Casey headed to Amy's and Target. But it could have been gone when they got there, would love to hear that story.

Right! Sorwy, I am getting my dates mixed up because there are so many to keep up with. My mind is spinning. So true about the 30th....but still, Who IS toting Casey around, she cant be walking........the food, the gas can who took her where those couple days? AND why doesnt the docs show LE asking those questions!:furious:

Remember Casey returned the two small cans to George on the 24th......the one new can wasn't purchased until the 30th..........also we can account for the car from the 27th on, so *if* it held a body, the body was removed by the 27th.

i dont think she retured them, he Found them in her car??!

What I would give to be able to view the security recordings from Amscot. They are most likely digital and easily saved. So they should have been available to view so far after the fact. IIRC, in the 400 page docs LE requested the recordings, but no mention of them after that.

Right! Sorwy, I am getting my dates mixed up because there are so many to keep up with. My mind is spinning. So true about the 30th....but still, Who IS toting Casey around, she cant be walking........the food, the gas can who took her where those couple days? AND why doesnt the docs show LE asking those questions!:furious:

On the 30th she had Tony's jeep and drove it the whole time he was in NY, til the 5th. Then on the 8th got Amy's car.

She might have given it back to Amy. If you read Amy's interview, she says that her gas can was in storage but it is always good to have an extra one around. So the plan was for KC to use it and then give it back to Amy. Funny, someone posted that they never owned a gas can. Neither have I.

Yep, Amy could have it, I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure, as one of the search teams found one in Blanchard Park IIRC......

NO GAS CANS ??? (hard to believe !!) We have 4/5 at all times.

Only problem I can see with that is that 90% of cars over the year, say 1985, have screens inserted into the tank pipe to prevent this very thing. You can't get a hose in there.

True. Because of that, gas thieves are resorting to drilling into gas tanks to steal from them. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back