MD MD - Clinton, BlkFem 13-35, UP2657, poss initials "C S", Sp Olymp t-shirt, Tweety Bird watch, Mar'00

198UFMD.jpg
198UFMD1.jpg

Reconstructions of victim.

Date of Discovery: March 25, 2000
Location of Discovery: Clinton, Prince George's County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: Months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: Cannot Determine
Race: Black/African American
Height: 5'3", Estimated
Weight: 128 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color: Black; 12 inch extensions
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available; mandible was not recovered.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: 1. White "TeenForm" sports bra size 34 2. White/beige female undershirt with spaghetti straps (also described as a tank top) and initials "C.S." handwritten on the tag 3. Plain black long sleeve "Hanes" shirt with "Beefy=T" on the tag and collar size 38-40 4. Beige/white t-shirt with logo "1995 Special Olympics World Games New Haven CT USA" on front 5. Medium blue waist length jean jacket with "GAP" tag on the collar.
Jewelry: Plastic wrist watch with "Tweety Bird" on the face and a red/blue/green/yellow plastic band.
Additional Personal Items: Purple fingernail polish (Nail polish was also described as "pink" on the fingernails.)

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located at 11901 Brandywine Road, in a creek near Piscataway Creek Stream Valley Park, in Clinton, Maryland. She was unclothed from the waist down, and was possibly sexually assaulted.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: MD Ofc of Chief St Med Examiner
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 410-333-3225
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 00-01696

Agency Name: Prince George's County Sheriff's Office
Agency Phone Number: 301-772-4925

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 2657

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Washington Post 3/28/2000
Washington Post 7/6/2001

LINK:

CASE NUMBER - 198UFMD

Next month will mark the 20 year anniversary of this unsolved case.

----------------------------------------
Prince George's County Jane Doe
The body of a female of African heritage was located in a creek in Clinton, Prince George's County, on March 25, 2000. The victim was between 13 and 35 years old at the time of her death, with her most likely age range being between 15 and 30. She is estimated to have been murdered in 1999 or the year of the discovery of her body.

The decedent had been beaten to death, and may have been a victim of a sexual crime, as no clothing below her waist was present upon her body. The female had brown eyes and black hair accompanied with hair extensions which were approximately a foot long.

She wore clothing including a whitish undershirt and a similarly-colored T-shirt from a 1995 Special Olympics event held in Connecticut, a white sports bra, a pullover shirt with the phrase "Beefy-T" written on the tag, and a denim jacket. She also wore a Tweety watch and had painted her fingernails purple. Her initials could possibly have been "C.S.," as these initials were found written on the tag of one of her shirts.

Although her lower jaw was not found, she did not appear to have received any dental care in life.

LINK:

List of unidentified murder victims in the United States - Wikipedia

Last edited:
unidentified-person-maryland_orig.jpg

Composite drawing of Unidentified woman found 25 March 2000

This month marks the 21 year anniversary of the discovery of this young woman's body, south of Clinton, Maryland. She is still unidentified and the case is still open. The creek in which her body was found is very close to a substation of the Prince Georges County Police.

Her initials might be "C.S." as those were found written in marker inside her Hanes "Beefy T" shirt.

LINK:

Unidentified Persons

Last edited:
Bumping up case. Yet another one that is long overdue to be solved. It's so tragic what happened to this poor girl / woman.
With several other victims found in the area, was there a suspect who murdered more than one of them? Can't help but wonder.

On March 25, 2000, the remains of an unidentified Black female, aged 13-35, were found submerged in "a body of water" near Piscataway Creak Stream Valley Park in Clinton, Prince George's County, Maryland. It's suspected that Jane Doe was a homicide victim, most likely beaten to death. She was unclothed from the waist down, leading investigators to believe that she had also been sexually assaulted. Her mandible (lower jaw) was never recovered, which excludes the possibility of her being identified through dental records. DNA and fingerprints, however, were collected.

Jane Doe's Profile
- Race:
Black
- Height: 5'3" (estimated)
- Weight: 128 lbs (estimated)
- Age Range: 13-35
- Hair Color: Black; 12-inch hair extensions were also present
- Date: March 25, 2000
- Cause of Death: Unknown; suspected homicide (beating)
- Condition of Remains: Unrecognizable (decomposed/putrefaction)
- Timeline of Death: Weeks/months prior to discovery (late-1999 or early-2000)

Clothing
- White/beige "TeenForm" sports bra; size 32
- Beige-colored women's undershirt with spaghetti straps (also described as a tank top by some sources); initials "C.S." were written on the tag
- Black long-sleeved "Hanes" t-shirt with "Beefy-T" written on the tag
- White/beige t-shirt that read "1995 Special Olympics World Games New Haven CT USA"
- Waist-length blue jean jacket with "GAP" tag on the collar; size Medium

Jewelry/Accessories
- "Tweety Bird" wristwatch with a plastic band described as "red/blue/green/yellow" (multicolor or rainbow, most likely)
- Nail polish on her fingernails, described as either pink or purple

Updated Composite Notes:
I got into Jane/John Doe cases a few months ago; I've been doing digital and physical art since I was ten. Recently, I started to "update" old composites of unidentified persons. I discovered this Doe's profile back in mid-July. I was able to create a new composite of the Doe, giving her a more "youthful" appearance compared to the previous ones. I also depicted Jane Doe as wearing clothing that was similar to what she was found in (i.e. a jean jacket, white shirt, etc). Since her mandible was missing, I tried to use the facial structure that was shown in the previous composite. A picture of her Tweety Bird watch (which I consider to be a key detail) was never shown, so I took a creative route with it; the same applies to her 12-inch hair extensions. I found a vintage 1995 Special Olympics t-shirt on Ebay and used it as a reference.

Prince George's County Jane Doe (2000) - Edited.png

Sources: NamUs, The Doe Network, Unidentified Wiki

thanks for your work.

hopefully this is enough for someone to make the connection

Nice composite drawing. Hopefully she can some day be identified and her killer brought to justice.

I've been thinking about this case on-and-off. I have a few personal theories:
  • I think she was on the younger side of the age range (13-20; maybe no older than 22 at the most). Her accessories (i.e. the Tweety Bird watch) indicate a style choice that's common amongst teenager girls / young women.
  • I don't think she was disabled or had special needs. The "Special Olympics" shirt she was wearing was probably a hand-me-down or she picked it up at a goodwill. Maybe "C.S." isn't even her initials.
  • Most likely she was estranged from loved ones or there was an unhealthy/abusive household. She could've been a runaway or a foster child. If her cause of death is a suspected beating, it sounds like this was something done out of rage/frustration... In some cases, a beating is very "personal." To repeatedly slap, hit, kick, and/or punch someone, it means that the perpetrator wants them to feel the pain and suffer. Her height and possible young age might've made it clear to the perpetrator that she was easy to overpower. I think prior physical abuse would've shown on her bones, however, but this can't always be detected.
  • With my suspicions in the previous bullet-point, I think that we may very well have to consider that she was never reported missing by a family member. She could've had a friend or two who noticed her disappearance, but with everything about this case that screams a personal motive... I think no one (i.e. her mother, father, stepfather, etc) is looking for her and that's a huge red flag.
  • Investigators think she may have been sexually assaulted. Again, in most cases, that's another "personal" thing. (I will note that it's not always the case... For instance: People go jogging and get attacked by rapists--and the rapist can be a total stranger; some sicko looking for an opportunity.) I'm really hoping she wasn't sexually abused prior and/or had a "much older boyfriend." But it's possible that she could've been groomed by someone.
  • I think she knew her killer. At least well-enough to trust him if they went to a quiet or secluded area of the park. But of course, this is just a theory; she may have been murdered elsewhere and had her body dumped in the water as a hasty disposal. But others could argue that even a first-time killer wouldn't be stupid enough to risk getting caught by carrying/dragging her body around the park until he got towards the water. There's a lot that conflicts me about how she was found.

It is very likely that she was killed in a different place than where her body was found.

She was not in or near a park. Her body was found in a shallow creeks which runs through a low and remote wooded area.

As I was looking at this case, I noticed that another woman was found on the same day in a body of water in a wooded area near Andrews Air Force Base. That is the same description of the place the Cinton Jane Doe. The locations are about 10 miles apart. I am wondering if they are connected.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5882
This case is mentioned in this Jane Does case. She's since been removed from NamUs and im unable to find an archived version of the case. Has anyone else had any luck?

Good news!

I have found a doe network link for up5882. The link is active, but there's no way to get to it without having the cass number

EDIT

Her case appears to still be showing on the list of Maryland Jane Does on DN

1296UFMD - Unidentified Female
ALT TXT
Location of Discovery: Oxon Hill, Prince George's County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: 1999 to 2000
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 40-49 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'8"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Silk Artex boxer shorts (size small) with "U.S. Army Ft. Sam Houston" and dark panties with a floral bouquet.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was found in a body of water in a wooded area near Andrews Air Force Base at 4500 Wheeler Road.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Maryland Office of Chief State Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Charlotte Romero
Agency Case Number: 00-01694

NamUs Case Number: 5882

Information Source(s)
Namus

Admin Notes
Added: 2/4/16; Last Updated: 2/4/16

EDIT
Her case appears to still be showing on the list of Maryland Jane Does on DN

Last edited:
Lakiesha Buckner (16) missing August 1999 from Texas. Noted in her thread, posted below, that she had a speech impediment and may have been considered as slow. She was hanging out with migrant workers and had previously been a habitual runaway. Her height is reported as quite short at 4’7” but weight was 115 and interestingly, she had long braided hair extensions at the time she went missing.

Lakiesha could be a possibility for UID as PMI was listed as 1999-2000.

1679686260230.jpeg

Lakiesha Buckner (16) missing August 1999 from Texas. Noted in her thread, posted below, that she had a speech impediment and may have been considered as slow. She was hanging out with migrant workers and had previously been a habitual runaway. Her height is reported as quite short at 4’7” but weight was 115 and interestingly, she had long braided hair extensions at the time she went missing.

Lakiesha could be a possibility for UID as PMI was listed as 1999-2000.

View attachment 410918

It's worth noting that the other Jane Doe in the vicinity wore clothing that was labeled with the name of an army base in Texas. Do you want me to submit this for you?

It's worth noting that the other Jane Doe in the vicinity wore clothing that was labeled with the name of an army base in Texas. Do you want me to submit this for you?
Ok, that’s very interesting. These girls may have been from Texas. Yes, go ahead and submit. It’s certainly worth a review.
Thank you!

Ok, that’s very interesting. These girls may have been from Texas. Yes, go ahead and submit. It’s certainly worth a review.
Thank you!
I submitted her to The Doe Network back in August. She's already being considered but there's no updates beyond that.

198UFMD - Unidentified Female​

ALT TXT
ALT TXT

Reconstructions of victim.

Location of Discovery: Clinton, Prince George's County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: Months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: Cannot Determine
Race: Black/African American
Height: 5'3", Estimated
Weight: 128 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color: Black; 12 inch extensions

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not Available; mandible was not recovered.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: 1. White "Teen Form" sports bra size 34 2. White/beige female undershirt with spaghetti straps (also described as a tank top) and initials "C.S." handwritten on the tag 3. Plain black long sleeve "Hanes" shirt with "Beefy=T" on the tag and collar size 38-40 4. Beige/white t-shirt with logo "1995 Special Olympics World Games New Haven CT USA" on front 5. Medium blue waist length jean jacket with "GAP" tag on the collar.
Jewelry: Plastic wrist watch with "Tweety Bird" on the face and a red/blue/green/yellow plastic band.
Additional Personal Items: Purple fingernail polish (Nail polish was also described as "pink" on the fingernails.)

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was located at 11901 Brandywine Road, in a creek near Piscataway Creek Stream Valley Park, in Clinton, Maryland. She was unclothed from the waist down, and was possibly sexually assaulted.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: MD Ofc of Chief St Med Examiner
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Case Number: 00-01696
Agency Name: Prince George's County Sheriff's Office
Agency Phone Number: 301-772-4925

NamUs Case Number: 2657

Information Source(s)​

NamUs