MD - Father beaten to death defending his son, 14, Anne Arundel County, May 2023 *arrest*

Regardless of the culture that may or may not have informed this murder, it's still murder. Where are the protests for justice for this man and his family?! The DA's slow-rolling or a possible complete lack of response is utterly abhorrent. MOO
I agree to this. I don't care about sort of respect culture. I won't even call it honor culture. This is just criminal. I'll cut the DA a little slack if he is trying wade through some differing stories, etc. But I think it has been long enough now. Charges can be amended later. They beat this man to death on camera.

Regardless of the culture that may or may not have informed this murder, it's still murder. Where are the protests for justice for this man and his family?! The DA's slow-rolling or a possible complete lack of response is utterly abhorrent. MOO

I am not sure what is happening but I will go with trying to figure it all out. His family doesn't seem to be vocal at this point so I would imagine the community will begin to get more angered when the family gives the signal to do so.

It is totally an outrage. It seems to me that this is murder regardless and I don't expect no or minor charges.

Disgusting bullet points:
1. The school didn’t notify the parents their son had been in a fight
2. Two adults drove to a family home seeking revenge on a 14 year old child
3. Two adults demonstrated for 3 young boys precisely what not to do to solve conflict
4. Chris takes the first swing AFTER the goons said they were going in his house to get his son and after they demanded he fight
5 After the initial skirmish, Chris retreats and tries to run
6. Man in black shirt body slams him on pavement and proceeds to kneel by his lifeless body and unleash 5-6 unanswered blows to his head forcing the victims head to be slammed against the pavement each time
7. He then picks up the necklaces and hands them to the oldest son and says call 911. Youngest child screaming and all three sons standing over their Dads body. The cowards retreat to their car and open the back hatch to put something inside. What was that something?
May justice be served on all 5 that arrived uninvited to a family home to initiate violence. This is my humble opinion after seeing the security footage and reading articles reporting the attack

You are a true journalist. If only all summaries could be this clear and concise. Reading this over is not making me feel better.

I'm feeling touchy and grumpy about this kind of crime. I know most of us agree that these are social problems and the family has to step up and do its job. It all sounds hollow right now. I just watched the video.

And I can just hear what those perps will say when confronted, as I've heard it so many times before "We didn't know we were KILLING him; We didn't MEAN to." Unlikely, these days, to include "I'm sorry" and I don't expect remorse or tears (will be surprised to see any. These thugs truly believe that "they didn't know" and "didn't mean" to do what they did.

I just keep reminding everyone I know that it's never a good idea to engage. I know it's hard for men, in particular, not to - but this illustrates the extreme danger. Chris seems like such a cool person and this is devastating.

This is infuriating. Been following and waiting for arrests. At this point I don’t care what/when/who started it. Bottom line, these adults and teens (?) didn’t show up at his house to talk it out and shake hands. There is, imo, no way for them to logically try and explain their intent away. Intent to murder? Probably not. Intent to confront and resort to violence? Without a doubt.

Those types of adults/parents are part of the reason why we see a lot of kids displaying bad, violent behavior. What kind of adult thinks this is ok?

I feel like even if trying to uncover the more confusing aspects, warrants should have already been secured. So frustrating.

I agree to this. I don't care about sort of respect culture. I won't even call it honor culture. This is just criminal. I'll cut the DA a little slack if he is trying wade through some differing stories, etc. But I think it has been long enough now. Charges can be amended later. They beat this man to death on camera.
As a previous poster mentioned, one possibility regarding the delay could be uhmm..... "complexities" regarding what actually brought the men to the house.

Those poor kids saw it all. Their last memory of their Dad, is seeing him laying bloody and unconscious, crumpled in the street.
And the perps are out there still living their lives, setting an example for their kids, just doing their normal thing.
Are the cops afraid of these people? Are they connected to power, or perhaps protected informants? I hope to hades they don't walk away from this. But it's not looking like there will be consequences.

Charges "could be filed"? Charges better be filed! I realize this isn't a case Benjamin Crump would be interested in, but this family needs representation, imoo.
Watch,

The kids involved will get probation and the adults will get very light sentences. We are protecting criminals far too much in today's society.

Satch

Watch,

The kids involved will get probation and the adults will get very light sentences. We are protecting criminals far too much in today's society.

Satch
I feel like therapy should come hand in hand with the probation. Encouraging violence in the home causes trauma and not all people know how to break those bad habits and the violence will continue to happen.

I haven't seen anything for a while. My understand is that there are warrants out, but no arrests? Is that where we are?
several outlets reported that "sources" say warrants have been issued but LE publicly refuted that any warrants have been issued. They have said only that they are "investigating"

I am not sure what is happening but I will go with trying to figure it all out. His family doesn't seem to be vocal at this point so I would imagine the community will begin to get more angered when the family gives the signal to do so.

It is totally an outrage. It seems to me that this is murder regardless and I don't expect no or minor charges.
Most communities don't require a nod from the family to be angered by such criminal acts as felonious assault and murder. Perhaps this family is a minority in that community and they don't feel safe being too vocal??

Most communities don't require a nod from the family to be angered by such criminal acts as felonious assault and murder. Perhaps this family is a minority in that community and they don't feel safe being too vocal??
Or perhaps the perps have a lot of juice in the community and the authorities are walking the line...

Athletes were involved, maybe?

In 1975, when I had just started junior high, I dropped a pop fly in a gym class softball game, and one of my teammates spent the next 3 years making repeated attempts on my life. TPTB, including my parents, knew about it, and the most common response was, "Well, if you hadn't dropped that ball........." We're both female, BTW.

Your post brought back a memory to me from 10th grade in high school about the same time period. Your situation seems much more serious than mine though.
Playing softball in gym, like you, rounding third, one of my friends bumped into the other team’s third baseman, not hard to do since she was standing on the base. A little jostle, nothing more.
Afterwards, she and a friend confronted my friend while I was standing with her saying, “you bumped into me” or “you bumped into my friend”, like they were trying to start something. I told my friend to just ignore them so that apparently pulled me into the whole thing. We did not know these people, two high schools had merged
For the next three weeks or so it was a daily thing, the two would bump into us and repeat the thing about running into the one girl, trying to start something. They even tried to throw paint on us from the second floor art room.
Every time they did this they would have these stupid smirks on their faces. We continued to ignore them. My friend was scared but I was pretty sure this was a game to them, they were getting their jollies from trying to scare us.
Finally, one day they did it again and I had had enough. I had not yet attained my full adult size of 5’3”; 110 lbs yet so I was not nearly as intimidating as I would become (ha), but I turned face to face with one of them and even though I had never hit anyone in my life, I told her I was tired of her and if she ever said another word to me or so much as touched me again I would beat her to the ground until she was black and blue. I hate to say it, but at that moment, I meant it.
We never had another problem with them. Not a peep was ever heard again.
I am happy to say that many years have passed since then and I still haven’t hit anybody.

I understand and agree.

But, the local sub culture( thought it had died out) that I suspect these guys are part of is an honor based culture, not a legal based culture. As a result, alot of "book rules" related above don't get followed.

Instead, these honor sub cultures place more emphasis on symbolism: must have a willingness to fight, dishonor can extend to family members, pride, respect / dis respect, apologies and insults and family or friendships mean alot etc.

Please note, I am not saying these men are misguided saints. They are criminals. Rather, I just know the group. There are similar fading sub cultures in Appalachia, Hawaii amongst native Hawaiians, Cajun areas, Puerto Rico, deep south etc.

Looking at the case. I would not be surprised if a "honor subculture" is behind this and are hypervigilant.

Looking at the case. I would not be surprised if a "honor subculture" is behind this and are hypervigilant.

but somehow it is "honorable" to steal money from a young girl, and then announce same to her boyfriend???

I don't see any honor in that...imho.

Or in beating someone to death & including children in that, imho.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshynebabii
Back