MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media needs to learn how to differentiate between protesters and opportunistic rioters. Otherwise, they're perpetuating racism by saying "protesters" are the ones destroying things and looting.

The media needs to learn how to differentiate between protesters and opportunistic rioters. Otherwise, they're perpetuating racism by saying "protesters" are the ones destroying things and looting.

The news here has been calling the ones doing damage agitators, not protesters. They have said that the protesters today have been peaceful and it was a good day. The ones causing a ruckus are ones who probably didn't even participate in the protests at City Hall today.

The news here has been calling the ones doing damage agitators, not protesters. They have said that the protesters today have been peaceful and it was a good day. The ones causing a ruckus are ones who probably didn't even participate in the protests at City Hall today.

Oh good, that's definitely an improvement. Glad to hear that, thanks for sharing :)

The news helicopter is showing people running down the road smashing the windows of businesses and flipping over golf carts.

The Orioles game is getting ready to end. They have asked all fans to remain in the stadium until further notice due to safety concerns.

I think this is a good time to remember that Mr Gray's family requested that outside organizations not come to Baltimore. This is not being done with their approval. This was not what they wanted in memory of their son. And that if anyone has the right to choose how to remember their son it should be them.

The Orioles game is getting ready to end. They have asked all fans to remain in the stadium until further notice due to safety concerns.

Did they close the stadium and not let people out ? A friend who lives near says this but I don't know if it's rumor ? TIA

I guess a better question is " ASK" fans to remain or 'LOCK' them inside?

The last few days they protested Mr Gray's death. This is just a bunch of agitators and persons who want the opportunity to loot.

Why don't they declare martial law now?

People protest in different ways--both violently and peacefully.

Did they close the stadium and not let people out ? A friend who lives near says this but I don't know if it's rumor ? TIA

I guess a better question is " ASK" fans to remain or 'LOCK' them inside?

Th fans are leaving now. The lightrail is shut down, though, which is a way alot of people get to and from the game.

Th fans are leaving now. The lightrail is shut down, though, which is a way alot of people get to and from the game.

Yikes, I just tried to google about the light rail being shut down and read about the mob attack and stabbing on it just a few weeks ago.

No way I would ever get on that.

Yikes, I just tried to google about the light rail being shut down and read about the mob attack and stabbing on it just a few weeks ago.

No way I would ever get on that.

It is back up and running now.

Riding the light rail on game days isn't so bad but on other days, especially when school day ends, there are some troublemakers.

LOL, TPTB are saying outside agitators are doing the rioting and local twitter people are saying they are FOS.

People are still throwing things at police at the Western District. Just watched a little kid, looks about maybe 10-11, throwing rocks at the police on TV. Police are making arrests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg