Found Deceased MD - Gabriela Gonzalez-Ardon, 16, Found Deceased in Cockeysville, MD 29 May 2020

dally_doodle

Reaction score
The body of Gabriela Gonzalez-Ardon was found in Cockeysville, MD on 5/29/2020 on a trail that runs through Loch Raven reservoir. Her body went unidentified until 6/8/2020 when she was identified by family members from New York after Baltimore County Police Dept released photos of tattoos in hopes of identifying her. Her death is being investigated as a homicide.

Gabriela Gonzalez-Ardon has been missing since 7/2019. She went missing from Long Beach, NY.

Body Found:
Woman's body discovered off trail near Loch Raven Reservoir, police suspect murder

Tattoos Released:
Police Need Public's Help Identifying Woman Found Dead On Cockeysville Walking Trail

Gabriela Gonzalez-Ardon Missing:
Nassau County Police Issue Alert for Missing Glen Cove Teenager

Body identified:
Body Found Near Loch Raven Reservoir Identified As 16-Year-Old Girl From New York, Police Say

she may have run away previously and returned home, if not then she was missing for a year. was she trafficked?

From what I’ve read, it looks like she had been missing the entire time.

I don’t know anyone involved in the case but live nearby & have another connection to the community so when I saw they identified her as someone who has been missing from New York, I was surprised. Very rare for these types of things in this area of the county.

Body found near Loch Raven Reservoir identified as missing 16-year-old girl from New York

Photo in this article

Gabriella-Alejandra-Gonzalez-Ardon.jpg

Lots of tattoos for a 16 year old

From what I’ve read, it looks like she had been missing the entire time.

I don’t know anyone involved in the case but live nearby & have another connection to the community so when I saw they identified her as someone who has been missing from New York, I was surprised. Very rare for these types of things in this area of the county.

Nassau County Police, NY

Apparently, this was her third time running away, with the overwhelming majority of google searches linking to the first time, back in July of 2019.

I grew up nearby. As an avid trail-runner, I even purchased a house in the Springdale area because of its close proximity to the trails around the reservoir. I ran the trails about 3 times before stopping for good. Each time I encounter morning drunks, drinking and fishing in the reservoir.

while the demographics of the immediate area is typical suburbia, middle to upper-middle class, the surrounding area is much different. There are fairly large (by suburban standards) apartment communities, with less than desirable people. Drugs, pedophiles, and criminals abound.

The area where her body was found is a popular trail for the homeowners in the area. In my opinion, it’s a bit off the beaten path for somebody just passing through to dump a body. However, anybody living in the surrounding area knows about these trails.

I would say she travelled here willingly and was either in the company of a really horrible person she met online or targeted for trafficking, and fought to get out of it.

She was a beautiful girl. This just breaks my heart. I parked by the trail today, and said a few words.

It seemed like there more traffic than usual on the trail today. Perhaps I will make a sign, with her name on it, so she’s referenced by name, and not just “the body”. Rest In Peace Gabriela Gonzalez- Ardon

Last edited:
Nassau County Police, NY

Apparently, this was her third time running away, with the overwhelming majority of google searches linking to the first time, back in July of 2019.

I grew up nearby. As an avid trail-runner, I even purchased a house in the Springdale area because of its close proximity to the trails around the reservoir. I ran the trails about 3 times before stopping for good. Each time I encounter morning drunks, drinking and fishing in the reservoir.

while the demographics of the immediate area is typical suburbia, middle to upper-middle class, the surrounding area is much different. There are fairly large (by suburban standards) apartment communities, with less than desirable people. Drugs, pedophiles, and criminals abound.

The area where her body was found is a popular trail for the homeowners in the area. In my opinion, it’s a bit off the beaten path for somebody just passing through to dump a body. However, anybody living in the surrounding area knows about these trails.

I would say she travelled here willingly and was either in the company of a really horrible person she met online or targeted for trafficking, and fought to get out of it.

She was a beautiful girl. This just breaks my heart. I parked by the trail today, and said a few words.

It seemed like there more traffic than usual on the trail today. Perhaps I will make a sign, with her name on it, so she’s referenced by name, and not just “the body”. Rest In Peace Gabriela Gonzalez- Ardon

thank you for doing that for her. I will keep an eye out for a sign if I’m ever in that trail as well.

I am thankful that the PD is investigating. From the beginning I have been suspicious of trafficking or gang related. Just an unusual area for crime of that nature when compared to the more “common” areas that these types of crimes are committed in the Baltimore area.

thank you for doing that for her. I will keep an eye out for a sign if I’m ever in that trail as well.

I am thankful that the PD is investigating. From the beginning I have been suspicious of trafficking or gang related. Just an unusual area for crime of that nature when compared to the more “common” areas that these types of crimes are committed in the Baltimore area.

I did a bit of digging this weekend. I know we can’t post SM links on here, but I think I can comment on what I saw ?
She ran away this last time in March, but her last SM profile pic was changed in May. Also, Just a few days before she was found, her mother had posted a few pix of Gabriela on her SM. I thought it was a memorial post, until I looked at the comments at saw that Gabriela commented!!! They must have been in contact after her disappearance!!! MOO
Also, her SM says she is from Baltimore but living in NY. I hope she left a trail online leading to her killer.

I just saw this article today about the body of another teen girl being found near a walking trail in MD. I have no idea if the cases are related, but it just seems strange that Gabriella's body was found May 29th along the wooded Merrymans Trail near Loch Raven Reservoir in Cockleysville and the body of a 17 y/o girl was found yesterday (June 27th) with "apparent injuries in a wooded area off a walking trail" in Frederick, MD.

The Frederick location appears to be very residential, whereas the Cockleysville area appears to be more secluded. However, the satellite view of Loch Raven Merrymans Trail is actually pretty close to residential areas (approx 0.5 mi). Both areas are wooded and have water. Both locations are easily accessible to I-70. (See screenshots below)

Body of Maryland teen found near walking trail in Frederick County

FREDERICK COUNTY, Md. (AP) — A Maryland sheriff’s office has opened a homicide investigation after a 17-year-old girl’s body was found with apparent injuries in a wooded area off a walking trail.

The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Sunday that a passerby found the body late Saturday afternoon and alerted authorities.

Investigators were later able to identify the deceased female as a 17-year-old from Hagerstown, about a half-hour away.

The body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.

Attachments

• Maryland Body Map.png
    Maryland Body Map.png
    706 KB · Views: 5
  • Frederick MD site.png
    Frederick MD site.png
    970 KB · Views: 7
  • Loch Raven site.png
    Loch Raven site.png
    734.1 KB · Views: 4
I just saw this article today about the body of another teen girl being found near a walking trail in MD. I have no idea if the cases are related, but it just seems strange that Gabriella's body was found May 29th along the wooded Merrymans Trail near Loch Raven Reservoir in Cockleysville and the body of a 17 y/o girl was found yesterday (June 27th) with "apparent injuries in a wooded area off a walking trail" in Frederick, MD.

The Frederick location appears to be very residential, whereas the Cockleysville area appears to be more secluded. However, the satellite view of Loch Raven Merrymans Trail is actually pretty close to residential areas (approx 0.5 mi). Both areas are wooded and have water. Both locations are easily accessible to I-70. (See screenshots below)

FREDERICK COUNTY, Md. (AP) — A Maryland sheriff’s office has opened a homicide investigation after a 17-year-old girl’s body was found with apparent injuries in a wooded area off a walking trail.

The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Sunday that a passerby found the body late Saturday afternoon and alerted authorities.

Investigators were later able to identify the deceased female as a 17-year-old from Hagerstown, about a half-hour away.

The body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office in Baltimore for an autopsy.

Hey! Thanks for the info! I wanted to point out, the trail is actually quite long, so the map you posted doesn’t reflect where Gabriela’s body was found. The trail is actually located in a densely populated residential area. There are single family homes right around the trail head, a gated condo complex where the road dead ends just a few feet away, and many apartment buildings just down the street.

I’ve posted pix below. The yellow “X”’s mark where the trail head starts in this area. I can’t tell exactly which spot it is by looking at the map but it is for sure one of the two spots- they are only a few feet apart. Her body was found just a few feet off of this section of the trail, close to a stream, by a resident of the neighborhood walking her dog.

I would bet my hard-earned money that this location was chosen because the murderer and/or accomplices either knows this area somewhat well or has friends who live nearby.

That’s not to say this is unrelated to the teen found in Frederick though, especially if it’s gang related.

Attachments

• D917F3A7-87BC-4FF5-AE83-8ABD7B77AF25.jpeg
    D917F3A7-87BC-4FF5-AE83-8ABD7B77AF25.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 3
  • FD6C80F2-308A-4212-BC23-001145B81952.jpeg
    FD6C80F2-308A-4212-BC23-001145B81952.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 2

This case is 100 percent not linked to Ms. Ardon. I came across the article below-It appears it was her 16 year-old ex-boyfriend and another gal.

Two Teens Charged In Death Of Ty'kerria Dawson, Maryland Teen Found Dead Along Trail In Frederick

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back