MD MD - Hungtingtown, BlkMale 15-25, UP2330, FORD ignition key, clothes, Nov 77

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Face not recognizable but there is a recon

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number110698
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupLate Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years)15-25
Estimated Year of Death1977
Estimated PMIDays
Height6' 0"(72 inches) , Estimated
Weight139 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundNovember 18, 1977
NamUs Case CreatedAugust 7, 2008
ME/C QA ReviewedAugust 8, 2008
Location Found Map
Street AddressHolland Cliffs Road Holland CliffsHungtingtown, Maryland 20639
CountyCalvert County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoverySubject was found lying near shoreline.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsOne or both hands not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack, curly, 1 inch in length
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye DescriptionBrown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Other distinctive physical characteristic
The subject had not been circumcised.

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Imitation leather vinyl "Europa" brand red jacket, long sleeve "Arrow" brand grid pattern-tattersall shirt size 15-15 1/2-33 stamped "irregular", white t-shirt
On the Body

Jewelry
2 keys, one "FORD" ignition key
On the Body

Original

I have no idea about what might have happened to him that would cause him to not be recognizable. When I first learned of this case a few months ago, I thought that he had been hit by a car or something, but now that I've closely read the circumstances of discovery and the inventory of remains (hands missing), I think that he was probably murdered. I don't have any personal experience or much previous knowledge on the geography of Maryland, but from what I've gathered from Google image searching "Holland Cliffs Rd., MD," the water seems to be surrounded by a large wooded area.

Also, the reconstruction does not look like someone who could potentially be in their early-mid teens, but the postmortem photos aren't available, and his face was apparently damaged somehow, so I honestly can't question its accuracy.

Edited to add this: whoever uploaded this case to NamUS spelled the name of the city wrong. It's "Huntingtown," not "Hungtingtown".

2157UMMD

Date of Discovery: November 18, 1977
Location of Discovery: Hungtingtown, Calvert County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: Days Prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

I used to live in Huntingtown (2000s). If you look at Holland Cliffs Road on Google Maps now, you'll see a fair number of houses on it. Back in 1977, those houses were not there; the area was very rural, just small tobacco farms and a lot of woods. It would have been a good place to dump a body, without being discovered.

This area is only about 35 miles from downtown DC, and an even shorter distance from Prince George's County. There is a lot of criminal mayhem that occurs in Southeast DC and PG County. It may well be that this victim was murdered somewhere there, and taken to Calvert County for disposal.

The Huntingtown area was so sparsely populated in 1977, that most folks knew each other, and if he had been local, he would have been identified at once.

Original

Unidentified male, found 18 November 1977, in Huntingtown, Maryland

It is noted that he had two keys on his person, and one was a Ford Ignition Key. If the other key was a Ford door key, it would have said so. When there is only one Ford key, it is probably one for both ignition AND door - as was the case with pick-up trucks and vans.

il_fullxfull.295201501.jpg

Early 1970's Ford keys. The bottom one is for ignition, the oval one on top is for a trunk.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back