MD - Ji'Aire Lee, 3, found dead in swing pushed by mom, La Plata, 22 May 2015

just believe she had some type of mental illness, some type of mental break that came upon her where she wasn't able to get herself out of that situation," said Vontasha Simms.
Police will not comment on whether mental illness played a role. Neither will the man believed to Ji'Aire's father, who declined to comment on the situation.
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...oman-pushes-dead-son-swing-maryland/27935891/
That situation, and dad won't talk. Ok then.

In the grandmother's interview she said her daughter had been trying to get full custody of Ji'Aire but the courts failed her. I don't wish mental issues on anyone but I hope the mother did have a break and this is not a situation of if I can't have him the ex can't either. I'm not saying that's what happened it was just a thought.

JMO

Toxicology results will take 6-8 weeks. An inconclusive result on the COD means whatever happened to this baby may stay a mystery until they can investigate fully to decide what to believe.

RIP Ji'Aire

In the grandmother's interview she said her daughter had been trying to get full custody of Ji'Aire but the courts failed her. I don't wish mental issues on anyone but I hope the mother did have a break and this is not a situation of if I can't have him the ex can't either. I'm not saying that's what happened it was just a thought.

JMO

There may be some confusion about this.

According to this news report, an economic donations support site states that the father ("DL") had been trying to get sole physical custody. Possibly b/c of her recent diagnosis:
A ******** page reads, "Donnell Lee has been trying to get Sole Physically custody of his son Ji'Aire since March 2015 (but was failed by the court system). Due to tragic unforeseen circumstances, Ji'Aire passed away on the morning of Friday, May 22nd."

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...oman-pushes-dead-son-swing-maryland/27935891/

ugghhhhh. Could she have been so worried about losing custody that she gave him something to help him sleep forever? I hope not.

It sounds like the toxicology report will answer our questions, then. The circumstances surrounding this little man and his mom (homelessness, mental ilness, custody battle, etc) don't help to convince me that this was a natural death.

ugghhhhh. Could she have been so worried about losing custody that she gave him something to help him sleep forever? I hope not.

Well, so far it sounds more like both parents were vying for "sole" custody--which means they probably were looking at joint custody. Maybe it's just me, but I have doubts a parent (ill or not) would kill their child over having to share custody. JMO.

There may be some confusion about this.

According to this news report, an economic donations support site states that the father ("DL") had been trying to get sole physical custody. Possibly b/c of her recent diagnosis:

You are 100% correct. I read the article wrong. The grandmother said that Donnell had been trying to get physical custody. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for letting me know.

I never wanted attention for what happened to me. I just pray and wish for this mom to have some peace of mind. God bless her and her little boy

Ok they are saying she had some mental illness, I'm sure she has some since most people wouldn't push their dead toddler in a swing, or they would notice he was dead while in the swing and panic which may lead to calling 911. I wonder, and can't wait to hear, how the toddler died. There was no outward trauma, I wonder if the toddler was drugged and she took him to the park and pushed him in the swing until the drug kicked in and he died.

How horribly sad.

ETA: from quoted link:

An autopsy has been completed, but the Charles County Sheriff’s Office says more tests will be required before a cause of death can be determined.

The sheriff’s office won’t comment on whether mental illness played a role.
----
This link has also ID'd the child's mom.

ITA, it is beyond sad. :tears:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i guess that means he didnt starve to death? That was my guess.

The child’s father, James Lee, says he fought for sole custody of his son, because the mother was mentally ill. His efforts were not successful.

Will those court proceedings ever come out from the father's attempt at custody?
Those are something that we would be able to sleuth, no?

RIP beautiful boy, my heartbreaks for them, my youngest son is 3 and I can't imagine the pain

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back