MD - Monique Baldwin & 6 others for savage beating of 12yo girl, Baltimore, 2004

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by mysteriew, May 4, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Two women received maximum prison sentences Monday for their roles in the savage beating of a 12-year-old girl at a birthday party, an attack prompted by a kiss on the cheek from a boy acting on a dare

Monique Baldwin, 37, was sentenced to 30 years after pleading guilty in March to first-degree assault and second-degree child abuse for instigating other children at the party to beat Nicole Townes, who went into a three-week coma after the attack.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20...QdG2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

2. Loading...

3. LadyGraffix@mac.com

LadyGraffix@mac.com New Member

:eek:

I'm shocked! (And other than that, speechless.)

4. csds703

csds703 Former Member

This is totally unbelievable. I hope that girl is ok.

5. golfmom

golfmom Former Member

Thank you for the update on this case! From what I remember these *adults* encouraged the kids to beat up & kick the victims.
    HORRIBLE!

6. VespaElf

VespaElf Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)

YES!! The Mother told her daughter to "handle her business" and locked the doors and closed the blinds! She even had toddlers involved in beating up this innocent little girl and her sister!

Crazy!!! Thankfully they got what they deserved!

7. tuppence

tuppence New Member

yes - I remember when this case came out there was a poster on here that kept defending the women involved. something about how we didn't just understand the culture (?????) even though this did happen in the US