MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother has been living in the area of the apartments since 1985. I drive by the apartments and shop at Reisterstown Road Plaza frequently. I just left Modell Store 30 minutes ago. The area is not as bad as people think it is. The only other murders that occurred around the apartments were 2 that were due to people who didn't live in the area and come up on the subway. A guy killed his girlfriend after they got off the subway. He tried to pretend it was a robbery. The other murder was a man sitting in a car and someone him. Both happened long before Phylicia's death. Women and young teen girls walk around the area by themself all the time. I grew up in the Pimilico/Park Heights area that is way worse than the area of the apartments. A lot of people in the apartment area said they were shocked to hear about someone going missing and later finding out she was killed. MJ is from Southwest Baltimore near Edmondson Village. That area is known for murders and car thefts. He brought his evil to a typically quiet area.

I meant no offense. I think the Plaza area is much better than it used to be. I still am cautious there at night if I need to go to the credit union nearby.
I get what you are saying about the Edmondson Village area.

My mother has been living in the area of the apartments since 1985. I drive by the apartments and shop at Reisterstown Road Plaza frequently. I just left Modell Store 30 minutes ago. The area is not as bad as people think it is. The only other murders that occurred around the apartments were 2 that were due to people who didn't live in the area and come up on the subway. A guy killed his girlfriend after they got off the subway. He tried to pretend it was a robbery. The other murder was a man sitting in a car and someone him. Both happened long before Phylicia's death. Women and young teen girls walk around the area by themself all the time. I grew up in the Pimilico/Park Heights area that is way worse than the area of the apartments. A lot of people in the apartment area said they were shocked to hear about someone going missing and later finding out she was killed. MJ is from Southwest Baltimore near Edmondson Village. That area is known for murders and car thefts. He brought his evil to a typically quiet area.
I admit I am a suburbanite. I've lived in the burbs except while going to College Park. I know the city isn't awful but areas such as the Plaza, the Village, etc have a stigma.....I know it is wrong

Here is a drawing from someone who sees visions of people and had drawn this picture back in January 2011. I hope it is ok to post now.

Attachments

• 307215_2173010853532_1966564676_n.jpg
    307215_2173010853532_1966564676_n.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 53
Jayne Miller (@jemiller11) tweeted at 3:34 PM on Wed, Feb 06, 2013:
Case search shows the inmate who was the key witness against Michael Johnson got ten days knocked off his sentence today... hmmm

10 days doesn't seem so much. Robin Lunceford (sp?) got her life sentenced reduced to 10 years to testify in the Rilya Wilson case.

The 10 days might have more relevence if we knew how long he's sentenced. Overall it sounds very minute.

Amanda funny you say evil sisters. Janice Mustafa won't even allow me to call them her sisters in my blog articles. I am only allowed to refer to them as half-siblings. You have to hear her talking about the sisters though. She calls them the wicked half-siblings. She lays in to both of them something horrible, and at times I can't contain myself from bursting into laughter. I believe if you put Janice and both of them in the same room for a half hour only Janice will emerge, and very understandable...smh

TPC, can you let us know if Mrs Mustafa might be considering a wrongful death suit against Deena? Or at least pass the message along that people following the case were hoping she might make that decision?

As a former Correctional Officer the 10 day knock off sounds like the normal matriculation of time. People don't realize that in Maryland inmates get between 10-12 days off for good time every month. That's what this sounds like to me....

Thank you for clarifying that. I didn't know, but thought it might be something like Illinois 1 day out for 1 day in for good behavior. Good to see that it is something similiar.

This is a sad thing... verdict day, and there hasn't been more than 10 of us on the thread.

I just added the verdict information to the breaking news on WS today thread. Hopefully that will direct a few more people here. So many cases sometimes it's hard to follow all of them. But considering there was a message from the owners at the top of the page when Phylicia first went missing, I would have hoped more followed this case to the finish. That message was what got me following this case.

I'm glad to see Phylicia got justice and MJ will pay dearly for what he did.
Such a young, brilliant, beautiful girl with so much life ahead of her. It really saddens me when I think about what the world lost when Phylicia's life was so cruelly taken away.

Now it is time for Deena to face some legal consequences.

Wanted to weigh in with my thoughts. I don't have time to post and be involved with the conversations, but I have continued to follow this case and sleuth away. I am filled with gratitude that this case has resulted in justice. I pray that others involved with also face charges. The loss of PSB and all that she may have contributed to the world is....unthinkable.

Just wanted to drop a note to say I'm so, so happy that the jury saw MJ for the murderer he is and that justice has been served. I hope he rots in prison.

I also just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted on these boards during this case. I am confident our posts were read by LE and hopefully contributed to this successful prosecution of Phylicia Simone's killer.

Also thank you People's Champion for your tireless reporting on this case! Your blog called out these killers by name, loud and clear, early and often. Thank you!

MJ should have gotten 1st degree murder charges. If his sentencing is the minimum of 15 years, he could be back on the streets at 44 years old; still young enough to act foolish.

The nose on the drawing on page 12, post #300 actually looks like James McCray's aka James Lee's nose instead of Michael Johnson's nose. The mouth looks like both of their mouths. What if... and what was Nikita McCray's testimony. It wasn't mentioned in any news articles. She was supposed to be the last person Phylicia contacted, or was it Michael Johnson who contacted her on Phylicia's phone? Nikita probably said she didn't talk to Phylicia.

TPC, can you let us know if Mrs Mustafa might be considering a wrongful death suit against Deena? Or at least pass the message along that people following the case were hoping she might make that decision?

Cubby when I last talk to Janice she seem so well spirited, better than I have ever experienced while speaking with her. She indicated to me that she believes that Deena will be charged at the conclusion of Michael's trial. Now I don't know if this is what she was told, but she seemed very confident. I will let her know, as I always do, what people are saying. I will pass on this forum to her also, so you guys can tell her for yourselves.

I am so happy to see the news of a guilty verdict!

(I've seen talk on here of folks not hanging out on the thread when the trial was happening, etc. I just want to say 'thank you' to those that stuck it out here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain