Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone suggested that may have been his phone lighting up with a call as he walked down the sidewalk. So hard to tell in that video.
I agree- its hard to tell.

But, he does not answer the possible phone in the video, nor does he instinctually adjust the phone to see the number.

Rather, he seems to ignore it and continue to walk. This could be due to a desire to get away from the come scene as fast as possible.

But....the totality of the video and circumstances do not make him appear to be security minded or stealthy.

To me the reward is rather insulting. I read that the reward for the guy in Raleigh NC that burned the Trump signs in someone's yard is $11,000. and someone figured out who he is based on his Strava app tracking his routes, so they'll collect it. This makes me sad and mad for Rachel and her family.
That reward for that arsonist was heavily contributed to by numerous folks via Twitter/X.

That aside, there's nothing stopping anyone from creating or contributing to an award fund for Rachel, and I really hope they do. Of course I'd prefer money had nothing to do with folks coming forward to ID this monster, but if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

jmo

To me the reward is rather insulting. I read that the reward for the guy in Raleigh NC that burned the Trump signs in someone's yard is $11,000. and someone figured out who he is based on his Strava app tracking his routes, so they'll collect it. This makes me sad and mad for Rachel and her family.

Those were due to donations by private parties.

Metro might be private too but they probably contribute to many causes unlike bankrolling a cause to make a point to "get the lib!"

jmo

-After thinking about this case for as long as everyone else, I just have a rogue opinion. No need to pay it much attention; just an overall feeling I'm getting, and very possibly 100% wrong. Letting you know in advance-

IMO it's possible this perp doesn't currently (or even recently) "work". As in being officially employed. Maybe in the past. Maybe never.

Just a feeling I have. That he's been a "lucky" :( criminal up to this point. Possibly living for quite some time on ventures like: car theft rings, drug deals, maybe as a "drug mule" picking up cars and delivering their contents, countless varieties of "making" it (in his way of thinking.) And not feeling any shame about it at all. Cash is most likely how he does everything, so no way to trace that. Also think of someone stealing credit cards etc and using them for things like his hair cut and gas and travel. [I am thinking he doesn't have the same hairstyle he had in LA in March IDK but why would he care...]

There are and always have been people who choose this as a way of life. Some of them come from families who taught them this is the way to live. Indeed they do.

Personally, I also don't think this is his first murder and if he isn't captured, he will continue along doing what he pleases.

As for a vehicle, who knows. There's an entire underground out there and perhaps he connects with them via his cell phone. People like this tend to trust one another if they have previous dealings with them.

Of course, he's a killer so I doubt he fears much.
Is anyone in his circle going to turn him in for $2000? Perhaps he doesn't have a "circle". It's insulting but I understand the policy of Bel Air reward fund.

I don't see him as someone who works out. I think he gets his exercise walking around stalking houses, women out walking alone, looking for cars to steal, etc. Lots of walking involved in such activities. If he's 19 to early 20's as has been described, he's just average.

*I am most likely way off in this post, TIA for not thinking me strange for my way of thinking. I can be an odd duck. Just saying and all JMHO.

So worried also about future assaults and murders happening anywhere from coast to coast by this perp. He's heard the news reports. He knows he left DNA and won't make that mistake again. He likely didn't know his DNA was linking him back to LA. He knows his real identity is still a mystery.

Hoping for justice for Rachel and for her family. My thoughts remain with them as they prepare for her services.

Chi

-After thinking about this case for as long as everyone else, I just have a rogue opinion. No need to pay it much attention; just an overall feeling I'm getting, and very possibly 100% wrong. Letting you know in advance-

IMO it's possible this perp doesn't currently (or even recently) "work". As in being officially employed. Maybe in the past. Maybe never.

Just a feeling I have. That he's been a "lucky" :( criminal up to this point. Possibly living for quite some time on ventures like: car theft rings, drug deals, maybe as a "drug mule" picking up cars and delivering their contents, countless varieties of "making" it (in his way of thinking.) And not feeling any shame about it at all. Cash is most likely how he does everything, so no way to trace that. Also think of someone stealing credit cards etc and using them for things like his hair cut and gas and travel. [I am thinking he doesn't have the same hairstyle he had in LA in March IDK but why would he care...]

There are and always have been people who choose this as a way of life. Some of them come from families who taught them this is the way to live. Indeed they do.

Personally, I also don't think this is his first murder and if he isn't captured, he will continue along doing what he pleases.

As for a vehicle, who knows. There's an entire underground out there and perhaps he connects with them via his cell phone. People like this tend to trust one another if they have previous dealings with them.

Is anyone in his circle going to turn him in for $2000? Perhaps he doesn't have a "circle". It's insulting but I understand the policy of Bel Air reward fund.

I don't see him as someone who works out. I think he gets his exercise walking around stalking houses, women out walking alone, looking for cars to steal, etc. Lots of walking involved in such activities. If he's 19 to early 20's as has been described, he's just average.

*I am most likely way off in this post, TIA for not thinking me strange for my way of thinking. I can be an odd duck. Just saying and all JMHO.

So worried also about future assaults and murders happening anywhere from coast to coast by this perp. He's heard the news reports. He knows he left DNA and won't make that mistake again. He likely didn't know his DNA was linking him back to LA. He knows his real identity is still a mystery.

Hoping for justice for Rachel and for her family. My thoughts remain with them as they prepare for her services.

Chi
Your thoughts (and others) are totally welcome here! I agree with much of what you've written.

I also think it's possible that his "circle" doesn't follow the news much, so may not even know he's been displayed on film in MD. Then again, perhaps they do and I'm way off base there.

I do wonder if this was his first murder. He may be used to assaulting women and just running off. Rachel perhaps fought harder than others, or she recognized him from the gym or some other location and he felt he had to make sure she wouldn't talk.

I would be willing to bet that this guy is undocumented. Might make it more difficult to find him using genetic genealogy. I just have a feeling that he moves around the country doing what he has to do to survive. I hope that someone close to him has a "come to Jesus" moment and turns him in.

If he is/used the same cellphone in both of his crime locations, might be possible to correlate dates and locations to a phone that shows having been in both areas? Thinking out loud.

I think he may fantasize about going criminal full time in regards to his employment, but....

He seems to have some kind of work ID attached to his right pocket (at first glance it may seem to be cigarette in his hand).

The possible ID could be usually worn on a shirt pocket, or worn at the waist and be on some kind of "extenda string" for entering locked doors or showing to security guards.

As a side note, wearing this type of ID can become habitual to the point where somebody forgets they have it on.
Are you referring to what is thought to be a cell phone with the screen lit up in his right front pocket? I’m not seeing what could be an ID.

I thought they would at least have his name by now.
Wrong too.
without a picture of his face, I think that the video is better for ruling people OUT, rather than IDing someone IMO. However, where are the profilers? Because who assaults a young girl and kills a grown woman? And it seems not to be robbery- it's sport?

Imo, the burglary doesn’t appear violent. I think he either let himself in through a garage or back door, or persuaded the victim to let him in with some kind of ruse (ie “your brother sent me over here to get his PlayStation”). Based on the dynamic in the video, I don’t think he forced entry.
I’m no lawyer, but Google returned this with respect to assault:
“In California, a defendant will be found liable for assault if 1) the defendant either intended to make harmful or offensive contact with the plaintiff (or a third-party as per transferred intent, above) or intended for the plaintiff to believe that they would be subject to harmful or offensive contact; and 2) the plaintiff actually believed that they were going to be subject to harmful or offensive contact.”
I think he probably tried to intimidate her, and maybe got a little pushy.

All that said, I don’t think Rachel’s murder is really an “escalation.” They’re two totally different things versus one progressing to the next. It’s like his day job is petty criminal and he moonlights as a killer.

AUG 23, 2023
[...]

Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler warned the suspect could become more brazen the longer he is on the loose. He added that it’s very “likely someone knows him” and called on anyone with information to come forward.

[...]

“I just don’t believe you do two things that are so serious in nature and that’s your starting point,” Gahler told the news station. “Most likely you’ve been involved in other crimes.”

[...]

“I just don’t believe you do two things that are so serious in nature and that’s your starting point,” Gahler told the news station. “Most likely you’ve been involved in other crimes.”
Acc. to this statement, the assault case was nearly as serious as the violent murder of RM. How can that be, when we see the future killer leaving the assault-victim in such a harmless looking way? We are able to interpret the "assault" in many versions, based on law, but why LE put it that way: "so serious in nature", remains a mystery.

Focusing on the LA case, first off there’s only info from the charges claimed by LE in California, we’re missing crucial details to accurately compare the 2 cases. So, it’s all speculation at the moment but watching the video over and over and attempt to determine movements of it seems 2 different individuals, I thought of an infamous case in Atlanta many years ago involving a home invasion. A man on the run after mass killing during an escaping the courthouse downtown forced his way into a young woman’s apartment. The woman took steps to befriend him, asking his situation and sharing her struggles leading to discussions of the Bible, she even provided him with drugs. Eventually, he surrendered knowing the charges against him was eligible for death penalty. The woman did what she had to for survival and to reunite with her son. The LA case might be similar situation and explain why he calmly walked out and left with the door immediately secured. Just a thought.

Chi
The mini reward of $2000 is for a conviction only. That seems much too risky for much too little money for his buddies to turn him in. IMO

Acc. to this statement, the assault case was nearly as serious as the violent murder of RM. How can that be, when we see the future killer leaving the assault-victim in such a harmless looking way? We are able to interpret the "assault" in many versions, based on law, but why LE put it that way: "so serious in nature", remains a mystery.
The sheriff states it differently in the News Nation video above. He says, "..in the more serious case here with the homicide..." It's at the 3:40 mark in the video if you want to give it a listen. MOO

Chi
@chihuahua

Hi Chi ... for what its worth ... I'm in your corner. I think your description is spot on.

I too am hoping for justice for Rachel and healing for her family ... and that an arrest is imminent. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member