Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

I am thankful for her interview. I wish they could get a sketch of this guy and find his cell ping data ASAP.
Is it possible his cell phone was under someone else's name or stolen?
Does anyone have any idea why there's no sketch yet?

If the FBI is really involved in this I'd find it hard to believe they haven't worked the cell data. That cell has probably been long since trashed but I bet they have something they are holding back. If the DC lead pans out it's also possible they have his replacement phone # too from that person if one exists.

jmo

Wouldn’t it be something if this new lead is related to forensic genealogy. They said it wasn’t from a tip, but from evidence. Could his DNA have now led them to a distant familial match, say cousin or some relation not obvious like sibling or parent, so now they headed there to interview that match? Just MOO and of course I could be wrong, but that is what came to mind as one hypothesis.

Agree. That's what I was thinking when I posted IGG (Investigative Genetic Genealogy). Someone else made a good point too - if there is a military connection, there are a lot of military installations in and around the "DC Area" which is what he said right? DC "area"?

If the FBI is really involved in this I'd find it hard to believe they haven't worked the cell data. That cell has probably been long since trashed but I bet they have something they are holding back. If the DC lead pans out it's also possible they have his replacement phone # too from that person if one exists.

jmo
After watching the NewsNation interview with the sheriff, I get the impression that LE has worked the cell phone data angle already but hasn't been able to obtain any viable leads from it.

@ the 4:50 mark in the video

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if that ear shape would be genetic? Like could siblings or cousins have similar ear shape?
As much as anything else, but could be inherited from either side of the family. JMO. Personal observation - an ear is usually transmitted as "one trait", i.e., like dad's or mom's one. Not so with the nose, a person may inherit nasal bridge type from one parent and the tip of the nose from another one, etc.

Rachel Morin was a single mother who worked hard to provide for her five kids and make sure they got the love and support they deserved, her brother says.

Now, her kids live in three different homes, some with their fathers and others with Rachel's relatives.

Michael says two are living at one home, while another two are at another home miles away. Rachel's oldest child lives with their father.

One of the children's fathers, MMcMahon, has "stepped up" and taken them on activities like apple picking....

Mom of 5’s Kids Now Living in Different Homes

No good news on the Rachel Morin case, unfortunately.

Her 5 children have been divided, now living in 3 separate homes.

Her killer remains at large which is nothing short of shocking since LE has his DNA and a video of him. How is the genetic geological DNA testing and investigation coming along?

Why has no one recognized him or have they and we just don't know about it?

Hoping for justice for Rachel soon.

Her brother Mike lovingly described her below: "She was just ridiculously funny," Michael recalls of Rachel. "Honestly, she had so much energy it was like 40 people walked in the house when she walked in... she had so much light, so much light."

Rachel Morin was a single mother who worked hard to provide for her five kids and make sure they got the love and support they deserved, her brother says.

Now, her kids live in three different homes, some with their fathers and others with Rachel's relatives.

Michael says two are living at one home, while another two are at another home miles away. Rachel's oldest child lives with their father.

One of the children's fathers, MMcMahon, has "stepped up" and taken them on activities like apple picking....

Mom of 5’s Kids Now Living in Different Homes
How heartbreaking is that? Kids always pay the price in tragedies like this, their world was forever changed :(

"The longer it goes, the dimmer it seems" to get justice, Patty Morin told 11 News Investigates in an exclusive interview.

An ordinarily intensely private person, Patty Morin is living a painfully public life after her daughter's killing captured national and international headlines. In a move completely out of her comfort zone, Patty Morin -- an introvert, church administrator, mother and grandmother -- stepped forward for her daughter and her family.

"We're so connected that it physically hurts us that she's not here," Patty Morin told 11 News Investigates. "I know it's a fact, but I can't accept it yet."

"She didn't see herself as being a target or at risk for anything. She lived life as Rachel. She loved people and was outgoing, so that made me scared for her, and I would tell her all the time, 'Rachel, don't walk the trail by yourself,'" Patty Morin told 11 News Investigates. "I've seen my daughter since they found her, but seeing her and accepting it are like two different things."

Patty Morin said neither she nor her family has ever seen the individual in the video.

"Investigators have found no ties between them, but that doesn't mean he didn't notice her and then follow her, stalk out behaviors and then plan this," Gahler told 11 Investigates.

Patty Morin also granted the interview with 11 News Investigates in an effort to appeal to the suspect's family, especially mother to mother.

"His mother knows who this man is, and my question is, 'Why? Why are you protecting him?'" Patty Morin said.

I'm really worried this will become a cold case.
I have my concerns also.

The only trace to the killer that we are aware of is an unsolved incident in another state and a picture of the side of his face and his back.

I have no idea why there’s been no sketch drawn of the potential culprit - if LE have located the person who opened the door surely an artist should have sat down with them and gone through what he looked like.

MOO is that this case will only be solved if the suspect strikes again and leaves more traces behind - I think this was a carefully planned attack and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is connected to other unsolved murders it doesn’t strike me as a first offence - I feel awful for Rachel’s family - I hope you get justice for Rachel soon.

I have my concerns also.

The only trace to the killer that we are aware of is an unsolved incident in another state and a picture of the side of his face and his back.

I have no idea why there’s been no sketch drawn of the potential culprit - if LE have located the person who opened the door surely an artist should have sat down with them and gone through what he looked like.

MOO is that this case will only be solved if the suspect strikes again and leaves more traces behind - I think this was a carefully planned attack and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is connected to other unsolved murders it doesn’t strike me as a first offence - I feel awful for Rachel’s family - I hope you get justice for Rachel soon.
I'm curious why you think it was a planned crime. I was thinking more a vicious crime if opportunity. Planned, in the sense that he was looking for opportunities, but I suspect that any lone woman was at risk. Horrific crime.

I hope LE has much going on behind the scenes but I share your concerns.

JMO

I'm curious why you think it was a planned crime. I was thinking more a vicious crime if opportunity. Planned, in the sense that he was looking for opportunities, but I suspect that any lone woman was at risk. Horrific crime.

I hope LE has much going on behind the scenes but I share your concerns.

JMO
I agree with you regarding the crime of opportunity and I agree with @MollyHarps and question why there is no sketch or more description of the guy. So many questions that I think LE could answer but I guess we won't know until he's caught, most likely scenario is after he strikes again.

If I remember right, I'm sure there was a previous commenter who basically listed the downsides to sketches, mostly about the length of time that's passed now and how accurate their recall would be. How sometimes this can be a hindrance on a case rather than any help. I do wonder though whether it would have been a possibility, seems like those in the house in the previous crime have not been able to say much about him, but again maybe they haven't released that information? OMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back