Found Safe MD - Stacy Michele Rahaka Mahiga, 21, Elkton, Cecil County, 20 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Maryland State Police

Search Underway For Critically Missing Cecil Co. Woman

Maryland State Police are concerned for the welfare of Stacy Michele Rahaka Mahiga, 21, who was last seen at her home yesterday in the 3000-block of Stone Gate Court, Elkton, Cecil County, Md. Her boyfriend told troopers he last saw her about 4:00 p.m. yesterday, when he left their shared residence. When he returned, Ms. Mahiga was missing, although personal items she would normally take with her were still in the home.

Troopers from the State Police North East Barrack are actively seeking to make contact with Ms. Mahiga to check her welfare. Anyone who has seen her or knows her whereabouts is urged to contact TFC Wildman, CED Northern Criminal Investigator at 410-996-7800 or 410-996-7801.

Searches have already been conducted by a Maryland State Police helicopter crew and State Police K-9 units. Police in the region have also been notified and are on the alert for the missing woman. An active search is continuing in the area.

Ms. Mahiga is an African American female, described as 5'3" tall, 123 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black Michael Kors puffy jacket and black sneakers.

Investigating Trooper: TFC Wildman
Phone Number: (410)-996-7800
upload_2019-1-21_15-32-46.jpeg

Police Search For Missing 21-Year-Old Elkton Woman

What does "critically" missing mean? Did they have a fight,was she not well, are they afraid she may be suicidal?

I like and rely on those little details.
In Maryland they are classified as "critically missing" due to age or medical condition (i.e. mental health
issue or physical disease or impairment that requires medication or medical care they may not have available to them while missing.)

In Maryland they are classified as "critically missing" due to age or medical condition (i.e. mental health
issue or physical disease or impairment that requires medication or medical care they may not have available to them while missing.)
Thank you so much!

This article is behind a paywall, but you can read the text under the article's photo, which states, "[t]his photo shows 21-year-old Stacy Michele Rahaka Mahiga, who was last seen in the Elkton-area area between Sunday and Monday morning."

Police searching for missing Elkton-area woman, 21

So, I guess that might answer my question....

This is a merit page for her college; repeatedly on the Dean's list (once per year from 2014-2017): Stacy Michele Mahiga

And her FB: https://www.facebook.com/rahaka.michelle

Edited to add this article, which gives the address (block information) of their apartment: Woman Missing From Apartments Next To Newark Charter HS, Search Underway

Sorry to quote myself; snipped for focus (the article previously behind paywall)
They've updated the article so it is visible (or I'm just challenged today): "“Her boyfriend told troopers he last saw her about 4 p.m. yesterday (Sunday), when he left their shared residence. When he returned (at 1 a.m. Monday), Ms. Mahiga was missing, although personal items she would normally take with her were still in the home,” outlined Tfc. John Wildman, who is assigned to MSP's Criminal Investigation Unit."

And she was last seen in a "puffy black Michael Kors jacket." Why was she wearing her winter coat when he left "their shared residence"? Was she just arriving, or was she also planning to go out? Did he report her missing when he got home at 1 am, or did he wait until the a.m.?

I know LE is getting the answers to my questions and many more that they have.

Found Safe!! Maryland State Police

"UPDATE: Thanks to a tip from the public and coordination from allied agencies in Delaware, Stacy Michele Rahaka Mahiga was found safe about at about 2 pm in the Newark, Del. area. The Maryland State Police want to thank everyone for helping us with this case."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milly1983
Back